Celebrity Go Green = One Day of Captain’s Club Points!

Lastdance

I didn’t know about this, so thank you! We were just on the Summit in March and I don’t remember seeing anything about it. We definitely don’t need two full cleans a day and I’d have taken advantage of the opportunity for the CC points. 
I signed up for our November sailing. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, xraymomma said:

I didn’t know about this, so thank you! We were just on the Summit in March and I don’t remember seeing anything about it. We definitely don’t need two full cleans a day and I’d have taken advantage of the opportunity for the CC points. 
I signed up for our November sailing. 

You should get an email from Celebrity shortly before your cruise asking if you want to opt into Go Green. We have done it a couple of times already And honestly noticed no difference in our cabin cleanliness. Everything still looked great!

35 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks OP.  It appeared X quietly ended the program as the original gogreen page went down.  Not sure if this is a backdoor URL and if it is it could be shut down, best to add all your sailings now as it's currently active.

I think this is still an active program. It is still listed on the T's & C's for Captain's Club, and also at this active link:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/about-us/sustainability-efforts

But you never know for sure.

21 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

I think this is still an active program. It is still listed on the T's & C's for Captain's Club, and also at this active link:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/about-us/sustainability-efforts

But you never know for sure.

There was a thread a few months where many speculated X quietly ended it as the old URL didn't work, said "page not found".  Now the old URL auto-redirects to the OP's URL.  Old URL is https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/GoGreen

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We have done it a couple of times already And honestly noticed no difference in our cabin cleanliness. Everything still looked great!

Just wondering if your towels and sheets were changed during the once daily cleaning?

38 minutes ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Just wondering if your towels and sheets were changed during the once daily cleaning?

They still come twice, X doesn't describe the specifics, the only service reduction is during the turn down service, they don't wipe the surfaces down.  They still straighten up, replace towels, take out the trash, etc.

I've had Go Green four times since the restart, I don't notice any difference in service.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Not sure if the sheets are changed every day, but I doubt it. We would hang our towels up after showering so they wouldn’t have to be washed every day and even with go green we always had fresh towels when we returned at night 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Not sure if the sheets are changed every day, but I doubt it. We would hang our towels up after showering so they wouldn’t have to be washed every day and even with go green we always had fresh towels when we returned at night 

They're generally changed twice on a 7 nighter, not sure if one COULD request them changed more.  There were a few long GoGreen threads breaking down specifics.

• Like 1

Sooooooo, it's 1 extra point "per night" of sailing?  Their fine print says an extra nights worth of Club points but doesn't state "per night".  Thanks.

Go GreenSM is a program offered by Celebrity Cruises where guests can opt-in to receive reduced housekeeping services while onboard. Captain’s Club members that opt-in to this program will receive an extra night’s worth of Club Points based on their stateroom category

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Sooooooo, it's 1 extra point "per night" of sailing?  Their fine print says an extra nights worth of Club points but doesn't state "per night".  Thanks.

Go GreenSM is a program offered by Celebrity Cruises where guests can opt-in to receive reduced housekeeping services while onboard. Captain’s Club members that opt-in to this program will receive an extra night’s worth of Club Points based on their stateroom category

It is one nights point value.. So for my next CC class I get 5 points. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

It is one nights point value.. So for my next CC class I get 5 points. 

I guess I don't understand how Celebrity calculates their points then.  I do a lot of RC and I'm used to their points system.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I guess I don't understand how Celebrity calculates their points then.  I do a lot of RC and I'm used to their points system.  Thanks.

The points system is listed on the website. It starts with 2 points per night for inside

37 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

The points system is listed on the website. It starts with 2 points per night for inside

I just found it thanks.  I like the way they accumulate points based on your room catatory.  

• Like 1