Celebrity Go Green = One Day of Captain’s Club Points!

Lastdance

On 6/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, Lastdance said:

I just wanted to bring this to the attention of those who were not aware that this existed…

Thank you, we for sure will take advantage of this offer. I figure the less the steward is in there the less transmission.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for posting the link to sign up and just did so for our upping EQ cruise.

I had skipped doing this on our last cruise and wished that I had signed up because once a day housekeeping is more than enough for us.  

• Like 1

After reading some of the comments, just to be clear, housekeeping will still be making twice daily visits, this option just slightly changes what is done on the evening visit, but to be frank, in our experience, it wasn't possible to tell that they had actually done anything less than they would normally do...

So worth doing for sure, but don't rely on it meaning fewer visits or much of a difference in time spent in there...

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 3:18 PM, Lastdance said:

I just wanted to bring this to the attention of those who were not aware that this existed…

I wouldn’t have known about this otherwise.  So - thank you! 🙏 

• Like 1

Thank you so much!  I'm pretty sure we didn't receive anything about this when we sailed on Edge in December.  But I just signed up for both of my cruises this month!  

I appreciate you taking the time to let folks know!

• Like 1

I received an email from Celebrity today inviting me to sign up for Go Green for my July 16 seven day cruise.  DH and I are in a Veranda.  Does this mean that if we both sign up for Go Green that we would each receive an extra 3 points total for the cruise?

Also, I'm confused about what exactly we'd be giving up.  Can someone please post a list of which housekeeping services are not provided with Go Green?

Also, what does this mean " With Go Green, the guest will specify a preferred time for their housekeeping services" ?

Edited by islandwoman

I just signed  up for the go Green  for our Sept . Cruise thanks for posting! I’m  curious if we will both get points since it just asked for the booking ID and last name? 

Edited by sdnich
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You would get reduced service in the evening. It isn’t no service, it’s just less. Or, if you choose, you can have less service in the morning and regular service in the evening.  

Can you tell me in what way the service would be reduced?

On 6/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, Lastdance said:

I just got off 2 weeks (B2B) on Infinity with no mention of this. Could have used the extra points!

Thanks

10 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

3 extra points for a balcony ,So, for a 7 night cruise:

3 points x 7days =21

I extra day go green =3

Total                           =24

Each passenger gets 24 points

Thanks.  Appreciate the math  🤣

On 7/9/2022 at 4:50 PM, islandwoman said:

Can you tell me in what way the service would be reduced?

Honestly, when I did Go Green on my last cruise, I couldn't tell the difference. Supposedly they wipe down fewer things, but once a day of that is plenty. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisNY2 said:

Honestly, when I did Go Green on my last cruise, I couldn't tell the difference. Supposedly they wipe down fewer things, but once a day of that is plenty. 

I just signed up for Go Green and will be experiencing it for my upcoming 09/08 Equinox cruising.   Sounds like a great incentive to gain more points.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, bavrail18 said:

It is really an unfair program. You get the same amount of extra points if you are on a 3 night cruise or a 14 night cruise. 

Unfair?!?!  Karen, It's a bonus, or a gift if you will.

They could make it "fair" by just reducing the service for everyone, and giving no extra points. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1

Go GreenSM is a program offered by Celebrity Cruises where guests can opt-in to receive reduced housekeeping services while onboard. Captain’s Club members that opt-in to this program will receive an extra night’s worth of Club Points based on their stateroom category (“Go Green Bonus Points”).
To participate, members can opt-in online pre-cruise here or onboard during embarkation day. Opt-in will not be permitted after embarkation day. One guest per stateroom must opt-in for each sailing. Information provided must be correct or points will not be awarded.
Go Green Bonus Points will be awarded for all Captain’s Club members in a participating stateroom.
Go Green Bonus Points will be equal to one extra night of points based on the member’s stateroom category for the participating voyage. Reduced rate upgrades, including those won as part of the Move Up program, will earn Go Green Bonus Points at the original stateroom category booked (not the upgraded level).

I just got off an 11 night cruise in a veranda cabin.

I got 33 points (11 nites x 3) plus 3 points (1 nite X 3)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Unfair?!?!  Karen, It's a bonus, or a gift if you will.

They could make it "fair" by just reducing the service for everyone, and giving no extra points. 

Harris

Denver, CO

OK. You're entitled to your opinion. 

9 minutes ago, bavrail18 said:

Go GreenSM is a program offered by Celebrity Cruises where guests can opt-in to receive reduced housekeeping services while onboard. Captain’s Club members that opt-in to this program will receive an extra night’s worth of Club Points based on their stateroom category (“Go Green Bonus Points”).
To participate, members can opt-in online pre-cruise here or onboard during embarkation day. Opt-in will not be permitted after embarkation day. One guest per stateroom must opt-in for each sailing. Information provided must be correct or points will not be awarded.
Go Green Bonus Points will be awarded for all Captain’s Club members in a participating stateroom.
Go Green Bonus Points will be equal to one extra night of points based on the member’s stateroom category for the participating voyage. Reduced rate upgrades, including those won as part of the Move Up program, will earn Go Green Bonus Points at the original stateroom category booked (not the upgraded level).

I just got off an 11 night cruise in a veranda cabin.

I got 33 points (11 nites x 3) plus 3 points (1 nite X 3)

That sounds about right.