Anyone book several cruises with that $1 deposit?

KKB

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My TA called this morning as we needed to actually pay the deposits. I was going to give him my credit card number but he said he's traveling and would just use his own credit card. Guess he's willing to believe I'll pay him the $6 for our 3 cruises at a later date. 🤑

There went your TA OBC!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MileHighAko said:

Sadly, as pointed out above, full suites are not included and have no reduced deposit.  I would have been thrilled with any type of a discount on suite deposits, but nope. Were hoping to book 2024 New Zealand, and still might, but lost some of the excitement to pay $1600 deposit today when the room next door is being had for $1.

🙂 aww come life's short, and ya can't take it with ya when ya go.

• Like 1

Yesterday I put on hold two cruises with $1 deposits per person.

This morning I received an email from my recently assigned CVP asking me to call him so I could pay the deposits.

With my previous CVP I only heard from them once in years and that was way after I needed to speak to them.

One advantage of the $1 deposits is that it effectively extends your final date to make a decision on whether to go on the cruise or not. That is if you do not mind losing $2.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

I WAS going to place a booking on the 4 day Vancouver to Los Angeles cruise in September in addition to the one I am doing on the Diamond Princess a few weeks later but shockingly the price jumped by 100 dollars a person with this so called "sale" I will wait till it is over and then decide. 🙁

Edited by westerdam
Wrong spelling

17 hours ago, jaxw17 said:

They may be $1 but they still have to be paid for in full at some time

Better to tie up $1.00 pp then $500.00 pp in a deposit for a cruise a year away. IMO.

Booked two.

• Like 4

Question...if you book an OV with the $1pp sale and then want to upgrade to a balcony when the prices come down,  will they still honor this sale or will you have to do a new booking with the regular deposit?

• Like 1

Huh. We were just trying to decide between Japan and Alaska for next year. Looks like I'll go book them both, and we'll have a while to chew on it. (Sadly, both are the same flight distance for us... we ended up cruising the North Sea this year because I just could not face a 20 hour flight with the airlines so discombobulated right now... hopefully next year will be better.)

• Like 1

Just for fun I looked at a Canada New England cruise for 7 night.  There is a bargin.  For the Sat, Oct 29, 2022 cruise for a inside it is $249.  With $100 OBC.

from

$249

per person

Refundable deposit*

$100 onboard spending credit per person

• Like 4

When I try to find a cruise I don't see any that have a $1 deposit.  The only fares I see is the twice as nice, and do not see anything about 1$ deposit.  Is this just for North America website?

Edited by alibabacruisers

3 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

When I try to find a cruise I don't see any that have a $1 deposit.  The only fares I see is the twice as nice, and do not see anything about 1$ deposit.  Is this just for North America website?

Try and clear the cookies for princess.com and then refresh the web page.

4 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Just for fun I looked at a Canada New England cruise for 7 night.  There is a bargin.  For the Sat, Oct 29, 2022 cruise for a inside it is $249.  With $100 OBC.

from

$249

per person

Refundable deposit*

$100 onboard spending credit per person

I dont see this on my end. Are you on the princess site?

4 minutes ago, newbie1900 said:

I dont see this on my end. Are you on the princess site?

Might be one of those deals that is either a promotion for Australia only or was available for a short time only.

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Might be one of those deals that is either a promotion for Australia only or was available for a short time only.

USA.  I will check again to see if it is still there.

Edited by geocruiser
This is what I see now

7-Day Canada & New England

Roundtrip from New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York

Select a Date:Sat, Oct 8, 2022 - Enchanted PrincessSat, Oct 15, 2022 - Enchanted PrincessSat, Oct 22, 2022 - Enchanted PrincessSat, Oct 29, 2022 - Enchanted PrincessSat, Oct 28, 2023 - Regal Princess

$1 Deposits

Interior from

$249*

Select Room Type

I had to sign in to see that price

Edited by geocruiser