CDC should stop punishing cruisers

PC Skier

The covid tests for 4 people is going to cost us as much as taking  a 5th person on our cruise. You can get on a plane, train, bus and probably a spaceship without taking a covid test. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, PC Skier said:

The covid tests for 4 people is going to cost us as much as taking  a 5th person on our cruise. You can get on a plane, train, bus and probably a spaceship without taking a covid test. 

I can confirm - you need a PCR Covid test to board a spaceship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, PC Skier said:

We order eMed kits. Take the test at the kitchen table sipping coffee. Results within 15 seconds of showing the proctor the negative results. And, when I submit my receipt to my medical insurance company, they reimburse me 100% of the cost. So my pre-cruise testing is free to me. 

We hope that the cruise line continues pre-cruise testing for a while. It is keeping active covid cases off the ships, which is a good thing. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We order eMed kits. Take the test at the kitchen table sipping coffee. Results within 15 seconds of showing the proctor the negative results. And, when I submit my receipt to my medical insurance company, they reimburse me 100% of the cost. So my pre-cruise testing is free to me. 

We hope that the cruise line continues pre-cruise testing for a while. It is keeping active covid cases off the ships, which is a good thing. 

Not when you're testing two or three days prior, it's not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

Not when you're testing two or three days prior, it's not. 

All of the "disappointed cruisers" each week were people who would likely be carrying active covid onboard. The testing is doing its job and should be continued.  

• Like 17

Just now, BirdTravels said:

All of the "disappointed cruisers" each week were people who would likely be carrying active covid onboard. The testing is doing its job and should be continued.  

If we were still testing at the pier I'd be with you 100%.  But not when we test 48-72 hours out.  So I'll just agree to disagree.   Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, PC Skier said:

COVID test are 100% free at walgreens and CVS.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

There are reports that Walgreens is going to start charging $129 in the near future.

Walgreens always charged.  They were getting reimbursed by either private insurance or the government.  The government support is potentially going away,

Walgreens didn't do it "for free".

• Like 1

We have cruised 6 weeks this spring. No b2b passengers tested positive. Those of you who are worried about getting covid must not fly to the cruise or leave your house for groceries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

COVID test are 100% free at walgreens and CVS.

Not anymore - they changed the policy this week.

They might be free for some people (the site is somewhat vague) but the Walgreens site now says that they will charge if your insurance doesn't pay.  And mine won't. I already checked.