Airport club access

Host Dan

I booked first class / business tickets from Tampa to Malaga on American.  My itinerary is Tampa to Nashville, first class on AA,  Nashville to London-Heathrow, business on British Air, then London-Heathrow, business BA to Malaga Spain.  Will I be able to use the AA clubs in Tampa and Nashville, and the BA lounge in London?  Very confusing!  

Thanks, and apologies if this has been asked before!

15 minutes ago, Host Dan said:

Nashville to London-Heathrow, business on British Air

London-Heathrow, business BA to Malaga Spain

"British Air"? Who they? 😉

In Nashville, BA appears to use the American Airlines Admirals Club: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28119424-post7.html

In London, assuming that you are not a higher-tier frequent flyer, you will have access to the Galleries Club lounges. In Terminal 5 (assuming your flight will depart from there), there are three of them:

• one at the north end of the main building, on the same level as security;
  • one at the south end of the main building, accessed from gate level (one floor below security - then you have to go up two floors); and
  • one in the Terminal 5B satellite where the B gates are (but I would recommend that you don't go there unless your onward flight is confirmed to be departing from a B gate, or you learn the geography of all the lesser-known walking routes through the whole terminal complex).

AIUI, you should have access to the Admirals Club in Tampa because you are on an international business class itinerary, but I'm less sure about this. I know someone who will know.

Dan - You can use the AA lounges at US airports since you are flying international business. 

At LHR, if you are in a terminal that has a Qantas or Cathay Pacific, you can use these and I recommend them over the BA lounge.

40 minutes ago, Host Mike said:

At LHR, if you are in a terminal that has a Qantas or Cathay Pacific ...

That would be Terminal 3.

At the moment Malaga flights are operating at Terminal 5. Although this seems unlikely to change before late October at the earliest, I think it's just too early even to guess what the situation will be in mid-November.

Both the lounges in the main terminal building were crammed on our recent flight. But, the southern lounge was slightly (and only slightly) less busy,  as it is more difficult to find, so I suggest you try there first.

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Both the lounges in the main terminal building were crammed on our recent flight. But, the southern lounge was slightly (and only slightly) less busy,  as it is more difficult to find, so I suggest you try there first.

The lounges are both an absolute shi*show at any time between, like, 6am and 5pm. After that they tend to get a bit better, but obviously that's because there aren't too many flights left. In the evening they can be really nice a peaceful (sometimes)...I once had the north lounge entirely to myself for about a 30 minute period before a flight to Dubai. No idea why, but it was truly glorious. 

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Flying DL One LAX-AMS via SEA will I have access to the lounge?...Outbound & return in SEA and I'm assuming I'll have it inbound in AMS.

Yes. I am not 100% on your way back in SEA...pretty sure.

• Thanks 1