Back To Back Cruises

m8zenblue

We will be doing a back to back cruise later this year.

We will be on the same ship, Silhouette, but in a different cabin, actually the next door cabin.

We have never done a back to back.

How hard, or simple is it ?

Do you have to leave the ship ?

Thank you !

Very simple.  You don't have to touch any of the hanging stuff as they will just move it to the new closet.  Just gather the rest and place in your suitcases, they will move that as well.   Just discuss with your stateroom attendant and they will give you specifics.

You will then meet somewhere onboard probably around 9 and they will walk you off the ship as a group, through immigration and then back on the ship.  Very easy.    They will send something to your cabin during the first sailing and have a meeting toward the end where they will explain everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will love it.    The B2B is really simple and relaxed.   You will have a B2B meeting a couple days before turn around time and they will give full details.   They will also answer all the questions that are thrown at them.  

If moving to a new room all you have to do is toss all the things in your drawers into a suitease and leave everything hanging.    When your new room has been vacated your stateroom attendant will coordinate with you so you can move your items from the safe and anything you want to move yourself.     Your room attendant will move your suitcases and hanging items to you new room.

You have two options -  You can either leave the ship prior to 9:30 and use a Transit Pass to return to the ship after spending the day ashore or you can be processed on board around 9:30 and have the ship to yourself for a couple hours.  

5 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

We will be on the same ship, Silhouette, but in a different cabin, actually the next door cabin.

Thank you !

A day or two prior to the first leg ending you will receive a detailed letter explaining the entire TAD process for your specific cruise.  One thing to keep in mind  your onboard account will be closed at the end of your first leg. Whole new onboard account for the second leg. So if you have any non refundable OBC use it as it will not carry over to the second leg and you will lose it. Any refundable OBC you have from the first leg will be credited back to your credit card. That OBC also will not carryover to the second leg. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 2:58 PM, m8zenblue said:

Thank you !

If you haven't done so already, ask your agent for Celebrity's "back to back discount". You "must" ask for it, as in general practice agents do not give the credit automatically. Good luck!

• Like 1

Keep checking the cabins available on both cruises.   Keep a spread sheet and you may find the same cabin for both cruises that are available or you may find that one of your cabins is now available on the other cruise.  You can change cabins at no extra cost.  

If prices aren’t that much different you may want to upgrade if you see a cabin available for both cruises

We have done many B2B and sometimes had to change rooms and some were in suites.   It is a lot easier to stay in the same one and more convenient.    Is worth a little extra cost if you need to upgrade to keep the same cabin.   They will move everything hanging in your closet but you still have to pack everything else, abandon  the cabin and not have the next one available until it is ready.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Depending on where your cruises are you may not have to leave the ship at all.  Our B2B in May was out of Southampton and all we had to do was meet in the theatre, go through the health questionnaire and then pick up our new sea pass cards and we were free to roam the ship or get off the ship if we wanted to enjoy the day at that port.  We had to move rooms and the new one was ready by 9:30.

If in the USA you will have to leave the ship for a short time before returning.

52 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Thank you to all of you who replied to my post !

Does anybody have the actual written notice about B2B ?

I would love to have it for my personal files.

Thank you !

The standard B2B letter has been posted on this forum a number of times.  Hopefully you will find it by using the search function.

29 minutes ago, 39august said:

I even hang my gym clothes, our swim suits and all my husbands tee shirts, so only underwear, cosmetics, drugs and shoes have to be tossed in the luggage if we have to move cabins.  

Excellent suggestion!  On our upcoming B2B, I plan to request A LOT of hangers. 😊

2 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

The standard B2B letter has been posted on this forum a number of times.  Hopefully you will find it by using the search function.

Not sure what the “standard B2B letter” is.  Can someone summarize its contents and/or purpose?

There is no standard B2B letter.  The mechanics of B2B vary by cruise and by port.  My last B2B on the Summit this spring had the customs & immigration people deciding to meet us on the ship.  We simply met in a lounge with them, got inspected, got our new cards, and were free to go--wherever.

If you're moving to a cabin in close proximity to the one you're currently occupying you can work with your stateroom attendant to make it very easy.  I moved two doors down the hall on the last one.  Took some of those collapsible bins with me, & put all my toiletries in them.  Everything else went on hangers.  Shoes in suitcases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

Thank you !

Your B2B letter will be specific to your cruise. No generic letter. You will receive your detailed TAD letter  a day or two prior to the end of the first leg. 

Very helpful information- I am doing my first b2b in February 2023 on Equinox and this answered some of my questions.  I will be having a different friend on each leg of the cruise, so I’m assuming I will have to join the person meeting me to board together for the second cruise.

30 minutes ago, CTSandy said:

Very helpful information- I am doing my first b2b in February 2023 on Equinox and this answered some of my questions.  I will be having a different friend on each leg of the cruise, so I’m assuming I will have to join the person meeting me to board together for the second cruise.

No. Your friend will have the same check-in process you did. You can meet up once your friend is on the ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colliercruiser said:

I assume your B2B required a COVID test done onboard during your first sailing, but there is no mention of that in the letter.  Was that handled separately?

Yes B2B testing was required the morning before turn around day.   There was a letter delivered to our room with time and location and brief instructions.    Basically show up for test, Return  back to your room and remain in room until you are notified of your results -   Actually we got our results via the testing site portal within 20 minutes and I found out I tested positive before I got the call and the knock on the door.

59 minutes ago, CTSandy said:

Your friends will have a total different process than you.   They will have to go through the normal boarding process starting around 11:00 while you will probably be cleared by around 9:30 or so.  

You will be able to greet them once they are on the ship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Thank you !

We have done multiple B2B cruises.  The notice was different every time.   Sometimes had to physically leave the ship.  Other times just a meeting with a new sea pass.  Clock out with the old and in with the new.  Often a special lunch on board offered.  Much depends on the country. 

You can leave the ship with a transit pass in hand, meet your friend who will go through the entry process and the two of you can walk on the ship together. While he or she will need to show passport, vaccine card, and negative test results, all you will need to show is the transit pass but I would take my passport with me when I leave the ship just in case

Edited by cruisestitch

On 7/8/2022 at 11:07 AM, Gracie115 said:

Depending on where your cruises are you may not have to leave the ship at all.  Our B2B in May was out of Southampton and all we had to do was meet in the theatre, go through the health questionnaire and then pick up our new sea pass cards and we were free to roam the ship or get off the ship if we wanted to enjoy the day at that port.  We had to move rooms and the new one was ready by 9:30.

If in the USA you will have to leave the ship for a short time before returning.

Hello,

The OP said "later this year", but not how much later. If it's the TA and/or what follows in October then posting #2 from wrk2cruise is correct. If it's before the TA then this posting is correct. I would also add that there is a B2B lunch - though not much to shout about.

Regards,

Cublet