PLATINUM ?

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

They were restricting the Top Tier Event during the masking part of COVID, I think it was literally only D+ and P (as in, the actual top tiers).  But since the masks have come off (social distancing not as much of a thing), they've reopened it to the other levels.

Masks were not required outside.  Not that many wore them in the Aqua theater in Nov., Dec.  on Harmony.  

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I go to hear how many pts the top 3 have and how many on the ship they announce at this event. I like to hear the capacity. Couldn't see or hear who won, and they had the pictures down in a far corner i couldnt see. It's not a big deal, just interesting to me.

That is the only reason we go as well.  We miss our Bloody Mary's they used to hand you at the morning events...so we now just stop in at the WJ bar for one and take it with us.  Many have stopped us and asked where we got them as we walk in.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

That is the only reason we go as well.  We miss our Bloody Mary's they used to hand you at the morning events...so we now just stop in at the WJ bar for one and take it with us.  Many have stopped us and asked where we got them as we walk in.  😉 

I would prefer a bloody Mary. I have tried but just cant drink that cheap champagne. Sounds like a good plan. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would prefer a bloody Mary. I have tried but just cant drink that cheap champagne. Sounds like a good plan. 

OMG...that cheap rot gut bubbly (not real Champagne)....gives me a headache.  Nasty stuff!  😮 

When we order the Bloody Marys at the bar before the event, I get mine "tame" and Bucky likes his flaming hot with lots of olives.  😉 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 7:31 AM, island lady said:

It is now on Harmony.   Totally fills the Aqua theater.   It's free for all craziness...very scaled down "free drinks".  

Wasn't it also on the Explorer? Our first leg top tier event was a free for all crazy event. That's why we skipped the one on the second leg. 

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG...that cheap rot gut bubbly (not real Champagne)....gives me a headache.  Nasty stuff!  😮 

When we order the Bloody Marys at the bar before the event, I get mine "tame" and Bucky likes his flaming hot with lots of olives.  😉 

My man. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Wasn't it also on the Explorer? Our first leg top tier event was a free for all crazy event. That's why we skipped the one on the second leg. 

What is a "free for all crazy event"?  Every top tier I've attended has folks walk in, take a drink, sit in a chair, listen to the program, get up and leave.  What free for all crazy event am I missing?

M

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What is a "free for all crazy event"?  Every top tier I've attended has folks walk in, take a drink, sit in a chair, listen to the program, get up and leave.  What free for all crazy event am I missing?

M

Were you there!? Obviously you weren't at the top tier event on the Explorer were were at (first leg of our March B2B cruise). :classic_rolleyes: The worst top tier event we've ever attended. Loud inconsiderate people and their kids along with few servers which meant sitting waiting for a drink and limited drink selections. Fake champagne was the C&A drink of choice. 

Edited by davekathy

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Were you there!? Obviously you weren't at the top tier event on the Explorer were were at (first leg of our March B2B cruise). :classic_rolleyes: The worst top tier event we've ever attended. Loud inconsiderate people and their kids along with few servers which meant sitting waiting for a drink and limited drink selections. Fake champagne was the C&A drink of choice. 

No I wasn’t there, that’s why I asked. I’ve been lucky, as I haven’t experienced what you described. Except, for the limited  drink selections. 

m

23 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No I wasn’t there, that’s why I asked. I’ve been lucky, as I haven’t experienced what you described. Except, for the limited  drink selections. 

m

I know you weren't there. That's why my sarcastic answer to your doubting question as I already commented it was a free for all event. Pat @island lady who I was responding to knows exactly what I was talking about as we discussed it on our second leg of our cruise, and her first leg of her cruise. Bummer we missed out on her and Buck's recognition for pinnacle or top cruisers based on our experience the week before. As I said this was our first experience with this type of  chaos during a top tier event. Hell, the couple that were to be recognized as new pinnacles didn't even bother to show up. Felt sorry for the LA. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

That's right...it was in the forward inside lounge that I remember.   Though with just 11 Pinnacles on my first leg, and 10 on the second...if they didn't let Platinum and up in...place would be empty.  😮 

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

You haven't been on Harmony lately Grasshopper.  😉 

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I know you weren't there. That's why my sarcastic answer to your doubting question as I already commented it was a free for all event. Pat @island lady who I was responding to knows exactly what I was talking about as we discussed it on our second leg of our cruise, and her first leg of her cruise. Bummer we missed out on her and Buck's recognition for pinnacle or top cruisers based on our experience the week before. As I said this was our first experience with this type of  chaos during a top tier event. Hell, the couple that were to be recognized as new pinnacles didn't even bother to show up. Felt sorry for the LA. 

LOL...was not hard to be recognized as 2nd top cruisers with only 11 of us on board.  😄 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

That's right...it was in the forward inside lounge that I remember.   Though with just 11 Pinnacles on my first leg, and 10 on the second...if they didn't let Platinum and up in...place would be empty.  😮 

Yep, the Star Lounge. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Is that directed to me?  Not sure what it means.

I haven’t been on Harmony since late April.  
m

Yes, I was of course just messing with you.   Sorry, my humor can be a bit odd at times...Dave knows what that is like.  😄  No harm meant.  

Sorry if I offended you.  I was just letting you know that things have changed quite a bit since April.  If you were at the "Top Tier" event when you were on in April, you have not experienced the "Upper Tier" change back to everyone (except Gold) event that is now back to the original Platinum and above event.  I think anyone that wanted to just walk in, C&A or not...did just that. Hence:  "Free for All".  😉 

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Anything special for Platinum onboard. I see vip boarding. Anything like a Platinum  get together?

I'm Platinum now and the only specialty thing I really get is the Captain's Reception.  Sadly, I was told in April at Bayonne, they had to get rid of Priority Boarding for all Crown And Anchor members as a lot of people were using that kiosk to complain.