Topless Sun Bathing on Epic

Grandadmike

sorry dude, your sweetie will just have to keep her top on, and by the way, before you ask, it's advisable not to try and  do it on your balcony either. people can look up or down. if she wants to go topless, do it  in your cabin with the drapes closed.

allow the show to be for your eyes only!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, complawyer said:

sorry dude, your sweetie will just have to keep her top on, and by the way, before you ask, it's advisable not to try and  do it on your balcony either. people can look up or down. if she wants to go topless, do it  in your cabin with the drapes closed.

try TO do it, just saying.

2 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

No, not on Norwegian. Very few cruise lines have top less areas. Virgin is the only one I know of that always has a clothing optional area. Some other lines have specific sailings which are clothing optional. 

God forbid some kid sees a bare nipple.  COULD BE TRAUMATIZING ….

• Haha 8

Not that many years ago NCL actually had that on several (if not all?) their ships - a FREESTYLE SUN DECK where clothing was optional. It was usually located on a small "hidden away" upper deck. I know because I used it myself on several occations - just because it was always sunbeds available there and it was nice and quiet even on seadays, AND I usually had the place to myself. I didn't go "freestyle" myself though, but couldn't have cared less if others were sunbathing topless or even but naked for that matter.

I actually found and old topic about it in case you don't believe me: 😉

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1959523-what-is-freestyle-sun-deck/

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

sorry dude, your sweetie will just have to keep her top on, and by the way, before you ask, it's advisable not to try and  do it on your balcony either. people can look up or down.

For many, that's a feature not a bug 🙂

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

And the crew will focus the bridge wing cameras on your balcony and get some adult entertainment.

Sometimes I am amazed at all the information you have that is not related to engineering. 😊

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Sometimes I am amazed at all the information you have that is not related to engineering. 😊

Since the engineers in the ECR have a monitor for the surveillance cameras, I had to keep on top of whether they were paying attention to the plant, or watching the "free shows" or zooming in on passengers walking off the gangway.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Not that many years ago NCL actually had that on several (if not all?) their ships - a FREESTYLE SUN DECK where clothing was optional. It was usually located on a small "hidden away" upper deck. I know because I used it myself on several occations - just because it was always sunbeds available there and it was nice and quiet even on seadays, AND I usually had the place to myself. I didn't go "freestyle" myself though, but couldn't have cared less if others were sunbathing topless or even but naked for that matter.

I actually found and old topic about it in case you don't believe me: 😉

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1959523-what-is-freestyle-sun-deck/

Per NCL.com the Epic for example still has a Freestyle Sun Deck listed, deck 19 (all the way forward), do we have someone on board live'ing at the boards? They gotta earn those Rare CC badges... :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Aft balcony on the Jade....the couple below us regularly sunbathed au natural, much to the delight of our next door neighbor.  As far as traumatizing onlookers goes, I am generally very thankful on a cruise that people ARE wearing clothes!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, Grandadmike said:

My new lady in my life has asked if topless sun bathing is allowed on Epic. 

I’m sure there is a freestyle deck where this is allowed. Am I correct ?

We plan to be on Epic soon.  Which sailing will you be on, and where will this sweetie be? 😁

16 hours ago, complawyer said:

Drapes closed?  I don’t remember the last time I closed ours on a cruise.  

5 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Since the engineers in the ECR have a monitor for the surveillance cameras, I had to keep on top of whether they were paying attention to the plant, or watching the "free shows" or zooming in on passengers walking off the gangway.

As long is the crew is doing their jobs, I hope you let them have some mindless fun. 😊

On 7/6/2022 at 8:40 PM, complawyer said:

Hmmmmm....oops! Definitely forgot the robe on more than one occasion when I went on my balcony!

On 7/6/2022 at 8:40 PM, complawyer said:

it's advisable not to try and  do it on your balcony either. people can look up or down. if she wants to go topless, do it  in your cabin with the drapes closed.

This doesn't make sense.  If she is willing to go topless in public, why would it matter if people can peep on her balcony?