Platinum check in...

vakamalua

48 minutes ago, vakamalua said:

Been a while--is there a dedicated Platinum line at the terminal for check in?  Can non-Platinums who are traveling with us use that line?  Thanks

Hopefully not..you can use their check in though !!

Many people have spent a huge amount of money to gain Platinum status and should not have to wait for those who haven’t. If everyone who is P/E took friends through with them, no wonder it is a long line..please don’t make it longer !!!!!!!!!!!

However, sometimes the non Platinum/ Elite line is shorter than the P/E line.

I think it depends on how you are using the term "traveling with us."  My wife and I are Platinum.  Our daughter won't be until she completes her next cruise.  But we are all booked in the same cabin under the same cruise booking number.  We will all check in together using the Platinum line.  But if we were traveling on the same cruise as our BFFs who have their own cabin and own booking number, we would not expect them to be able to pull the "We're with them" card.  Otherwise an entire Roll Call could try that, claiming that they are all traveling together.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 4

My boys travel in a different cabin than us and I take them with me through the line.  

As to the PES boarding line...Depending on where you cruise out of, you still have to get in the long line just to get in the door, then you find a separate line.  With this new boarding system that no one pays attention to, the check in situation has slowed down.  Fort Lauderdale appears to be the most well organized.  

3 hours ago, vakamalua said:

Been a while--is there a dedicated Platinum line at the terminal for check in?  Can non-Platinums who are traveling with us use that line?  Thanks

I am not so sure it was dedicated for check-in.  I think combined with Elite.  However, once cleared thru check-in, there were separate seating areas for the pre-board waiting and Suites & Elites are let on first, followed by Platinums (and I think Club Class who are not already Elite).

4 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Hopefully not..you can use their check in though !!

Many people have spent a huge amount of money to gain Platinum status and should not have to wait for those who haven’t. If everyone who is P/E took friends through with them, no wonder it is a long line..please don’t make it longer !!!!!!!!!!!

However, sometimes the non Platinum/ Elite line is shorter than the P/E line.

Not a huge amount...  remember, platinum starts at cruise no. 6.  No special line for platinum, no taking other passengers who are not traveling in your cabin with you.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:37 AM, suekel said:

My boys travel in a different cabin than us and I take them with me through the line. 

But same booking number? I think that would be the difference.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:25 AM, vakamalua said:

I thought this Medallion app thing was eliminating lines? Am I not understanding?

On 7/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, Reina del Mar said:

If everyone who is P/E took friends through with them, no wonder it is a long line..please don’t make it longer !!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't read the question as "friends", but more like non-platinum family members. Our grandkids aren't P/E, but I certainly expect them to come through with us.

19 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Nothing at Southampton, same long line for everyone. Once checked in platinum / Elite could got straight to security but then so could everyone else so no benefit in that.

Exactly what I was about to post. We are Platinum but although everything was orderly at Southampton there were no separate lines, check ins, waiting areas, or anything. Not that I cared. I was just happy to have passed my Covid test and was actually able to board.

• Like 2