Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

Maybe they will let us on board earlier than 4pm but just not in our cabins? 

I wouldn't count on boarding before 4pm. If you arrive at the terminal early, there is plenty of seating on the ground floor. They should let you in even if they are not ready to start the check-in process. It is carried out upstairs (up the escalator or lift).

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I wouldn't count on boarding before 4pm. If you arrive at the terminal early, there is plenty of seating on the ground floor. They should let you in even if they are not ready to start the check-in process. It is carried out upstairs (up the escalator or lift).

Thanks 😊 They've always stressed that there is little seating at the terminal so don't arrive early, but when we arrived yesterday they took us upstairs to what had been set up as the check in area, a huge cavernous area that was full, row after row after row of seating! Will hang around at the hotel until we're sure that the ship has docked and won't do 🐀 until docking is confirmed. Have to cross fingers again for a negative result 🙃 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Brisbane forecast for tomorrow sunny 9-22c.  So it will be a beautiful warm winter's day, but cool in the evening.  

Thanks, hopefully in the evening we'll be tucking into a 3 course hot dinner 😋 Yesterday was takeaway Indian and tonight a salad from Woolies with some extra shredded chicken. Sounds a light meal but currently sitting with my feet up looking at the twinkling lights view, including good water view, just waiting to be served coffee and Belgian chocolate cake slices courtesy again from Woolies 😊

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thanks 😊 They've always stressed that there is little seating at the terminal so don't arrive early, but when we arrived yesterday they took us upstairs to what had been set up as the check in area, a huge cavernous area that was full, row after row after row of seating! Will hang around at the hotel until we're sure that the ship has docked and won't do 🐀 until docking is confirmed. Have to cross fingers again for a negative result 🙃 

There is also seating downstairs, to the right of the escalator.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There is also seating downstairs, to the right of the escalator.

7 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thanks, hopefully in the evening we'll be tucking into a 3 course hot dinner 😋 Yesterday was takeaway Indian and tonight a salad from Woolies with some extra shredded chicken. Sounds a light meal but currently sitting with my feet up looking at the twinkling lights view, including good water view, just waiting to be served coffee and Belgian chocolate cake slices courtesy again from Woolies 😊

Great! Sounds as though you are relaxing now and enjoying your day in Brisbane! I’m from the Gold Coast but decided to come up to Brisbane the night before but usually come up the same day! Wrong choice as it’s turned out as I could have stayed at home longer and saved my money! 
Like you -  I won’t do the RAT test until I get boarding details! I have priority boarding so I’m hoping to get on early! 
I feel sorry for everyone who has flown in from other places as this must be so disappointing 

• Like 3

Just found this summary of an article in the Courier Mail - can't see the whole thing as it's behind a pay-wall

"2000 passengers stuck on board Covid-hit ship for another night

Rough weather is preventing more than 2000 passengers from being able to disembark the Covid-riddled Coral Princess as its forced to remain off the Queensland coast overnight."

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Just found this summary of an article in the Courier Mail - can't see the whole thing as it's behind a pay-wall

Rough weather is preventing more than 2000 passengers from being able to disembark the Covid-riddled Coral Princess as its forced to remain off the Queensland coast overnight."

Oh, no, say it isn't true 😮

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, boeckli said:

It’s pretty sad reporting eh! 😩😩😩

• Like 1

11 hours ago, queenslander said:

Great! Sounds as though you are relaxing now and enjoying your day in Brisbane! I’m from the Gold Coast but decided to come up to Brisbane the night before but usually come up the same day! Wrong choice as it’s turned out as I could have stayed at home longer and saved my money! 
Like you -  I won’t do the RAT test until I get boarding details! I have priority boarding so I’m hoping to get on early! 
I feel sorry for everyone who has flown in from other places as this must be so disappointing 

I am sorry you came up to Brisbane the night before scheduled embarkation when you could have been  comfortable in your home on the Gold Coast.  It is good that you have booked B2B cruises so you can enjoy a longer cruise. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, queenslander said:

Hi Jean - Lovely day so I might not need my grey rain jacket! I'll probably wear a white cotton jacket and pale blue jeans so if you see me come up and say hi! I will look out for you in the grey shorts and top!

I have a late checkout today at 1.00pm. I was thinking of the late checkout on Friday not today when I mentioned the BtoB  as I am hoping to stay on the ship then. What time is your check out! 

57 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I am sorry you came up to Brisbane the night before scheduled embarkation when you could have been  comfortable in your home on the Gold Coast.  It is good that you have booked B2B cruises so you can enjoy a longer cruise.

Yes that's turned out to be an expensive mistake! 😉

13 hours ago, Jean C said:

I haven't cruised out of the new terminal yet, but sincerely doubt they will allow access to the escalator upstairs until check-in is open.

Authorities need to clear the ship before anyone can disembark, then they have to wait for the stragglers to depart. Very different to an airport where most boarding passengers are checked-in before the plane arrives. 

Generally, when a cruise is a delayed, the terminal becomes a mad house, and that is why they give that discouraging message. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I haven't cruised out of the new terminal yet, but sincerely doubt they will allow access to the escalator upstairs until check-in is open.

Authorities need to clear the ship before anyone can disembark, then they have to wait for the stragglers to depart. Very different to an airport where most boarding passengers are checked-in before the plane arrives. 

Generally, when a cruise is a delayed, the terminal becomes a mad house, and that is why they give that discouraging message. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

In the new terminal, there is an area of seating downstairs. Upstairs where check-in located, disembarking passengers don't walk through the check-in area.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for all your helpful suggestions and information. Princess havej now announced that boarding will be today from 5.30pm by deck number. We are Caribe so our time is 6.30pm. Finally some certainty as to what the day holds, will be able to store our bags (hopefully) and have the day to explore with a relaxed mind and 🤗

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jean C said:

Thank you everyone for all your helpful suggestions and information. Princess havej now announced that boarding will be today from 5.30pm by deck number. We are Caribe so our time is 6.30pm. Finally some certainty as to what the day holds, will be able to store our bags (hopefully) and have the day to explore with a relaxed mind and 🤗

Great. I can understand that the uncertainty was very stressful. You can be confident that boarding will happen today. The Coral is heading into Moreton Bay at the moment and is only a couple of hours away from docking.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jean C said:

All the very best to you on your belated cruise.  Once on board I hope the challenges of the last few days are forgotten as you get in to 'cruise mode' :classic_biggrin: and your happy holidays commence.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

In the new terminal, there is an area of seating downstairs. Upstairs where check-in located, disembarking passengers don't walk through the check-in area.

Yes. But they like to control passenger flow, and the terminal staff will only turn to setting up the terminal for embark once disembark is complete. It is just easier for them to restrict access.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Yes. But they like to control passenger flow, and the terminal staff will only turn to setting up the terminal for embark once disembark is complete. It is just easier for them to restrict access.

That was how it was at Portside - the space used for the luggage of disembarking passengers was later used as a seating area for passengers after checking and before embarking. However, the new terminal is designed better. From what I saw on our cruise, passengers could go upstairs and check in while the last of the disembarking passengers were still coming through. Obviously the new passengers couldn't go any further than the check-in lounge.

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

However the check in is up the escalators and it’s a huge building whereas downstairs when you first enter the building is much smaller. 
Just  wondering re your comment re authorities clearing the ship? Won’t it just be same as usual disembark?

10 hours ago, boeckli said:

8:30 Today Show news has added some other shocking details.

- 2000 passengers are stuck below deck,

- Passengers are hoping to come ashore,

- Brisbane are sending a pilot to the ship in the hope they can help get the ship to dock. 

What an absolute outrage, this cruise must be nasty and very unsafe.

OK, translation. Open decks have been closed due to strong winds. The weather has subsided this morning, and the port pilot has been able to board safely, they are now in Moreton Bay and will dock in Brisbane in the coming hours.

They are so bad at getting the facts right, that they must be intentially trying to inflame. Nobody could possibly be that clueless.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

8:30 Today Show news has added some other shocking details.

- 2000 passengers are stuck below deck,

- Passengers are hoping to come ashore,

- Brisbane are sending a pilot to the ship in the hope they can help get the ship to dock. 

ht, that they must be intentially trying to inflame. Nobody could possibly be that clueless.

the C9 hysteria....

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1550963802207813633?s=20&t=2Iqg4xdPyNWw7zKG1hk7OA

water sloshing out the pools.....  wondering if you had a drink packaging as to that was still being sloshed ??  

Best of luck those leaving / boarding today.......

Edited by shireboi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

However the check in is up the escalators and it’s a huge building whereas downstairs when you first enter the building is much smaller. 
Just  wondering re your comment re authorities clearing the ship? Won’t it just be same as usual disembark?

Authorities need to clear every arrival. Officials come aboard to check and signoff on entry documents, including health reports.

• Like 2