Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

1 hour ago, queenslander said:

Thank you for your uplifting comments. I am much older than you but I have the same positive attitude to life! I lost my husband a few years ago and my only son only a few months ago both to cancer and at an early age.  Compared to that nothing phases me out any longer. I have travelled all over the world, some of it on my own, and realise that so long as you have your health everything else can be fixed. Things usually work out so I tend not to stress out about something like a travel delay.

So sorry to hear of the sad experiences you've had with your hubby and son. My kindest concerned thoughts heading your way through cyber space 🥰

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You have handled the crisis well, have a good evening at the HIE, I have stayed in a few around the world,  they generally include a light breakfast. Good luck and happy cruising tomorrow.🙂

Yes, brekkie included 😋, it'll be just like being on board 🙂 Thank you 😊 

• Like 3

Well, the funniest bit of fiction I have read all day - see the paragraph beginning "A spokesperson for Princess Cruises ..."

You can't say they don't have a sense of humour 😡

Screenshot_20220723-152252_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Jean C
  • Haha 2

Have you seen this update? It was posted on FB a few minutes ago.

"CORAL PRINCESS 6211P EMBARKATION UPDATE
The Port of Brisbane remains closed to the adverse weather conditions and we still do not know when Coral Princess will be alongside in Brisbane. We expect your embarkation will take place tomorrow, Sunday, 24 July, and will update you in the morning regarding your embarkation schedule, cruise itinerary, and compensation. Again, thank you for your patience and understanding. Please do not depart for the pier tomorrow before receiving our update vis email, SMS, or the recorded call-in number below.

For the most up-to-date information, call 1300 367 989 (+61 2 83264580 if calling from outside Australia) 

Please remember to take a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) this evening or in the morning before departing for the pier, as all guests must attest to a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of embarkation in order to board the ship.

We continue to look forward to welcoming you onboard Coral Princess."

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hahaha, that was very funny, yes it could definitely be worse! It made me giggle, thank you.

Well, we're in our room at the Holiday Inn, we didn't pay extra for a room with a view, but we're on L6 (of about 12) and have a lovely outlook - I'd call it a pretty darn good view 😀 On opening our room door it was like opening the door to a very upmarket and flash cabin (don't think Princess here), it's clean, modern, everything in tip top condition and just altogether lovely 🤗 I won't need my flip-flops (sorry, can't say "thongs", hehehe ) in this shower 🙃 All prayers everyone for us boarding tomorrow 🙏 😊

Hi Jean. - so glad you are happy at the hotel and have a room with a good view! I didn’t leave the hotel today- just relaxing! I will need to have a good walk around the deck tomorrow! I had lunch here and have booked in for dinner but unlike the cruise it's not included! 😊

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hahaha, that was very funny, yes it could definitely be worse! It made me giggle, thank you.

Well, we're in our room at the Holiday Inn, we didn't pay extra for a room with a view, but we're on L6 (of about 12) and have a lovely outlook - I'd call it a pretty darn good view 😀 On opening our room door it was like opening the door to a very upmarket and flash cabin (don't think Princess here), it's clean, modern, everything in tip top condition and just altogether lovely 🤗 I won't need my flip-flops (sorry, can't say "thongs", hehehe ) in this shower 🙃 All prayers everyone for us boarding tomorrow 🙏 😊

Definitely we are praying with you and everyone 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1

Just now, queenslander said:

Hi Jean. - so glad you are happy at the hotel and have a room with a good view! I didn’t leave the hotel today- just relaxing! I will need to have a good walk around the deck tomorrow! I had lunch here and have booked in for dinner but unlike the cruise it's not included! 😊

Positive vibes for tomorrow 🙂 We certainly didn't intend to become those people who look for free wifi at every opportunity and spend their holiday glued to their phones, my how we've changed!

Off out now to explire a bit and get some fresh air.  We are now a close knit group of three couples, all shared a maxi van taxi here for just $10 per person, and will do the same tomorrow 🙂

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Positive vibes for tomorrow 🙂 We certainly didn't intend to become those people who look for free wifi at every opportunity and spend their holiday glued to their phones, my how we've changed!

Off out now to explire a bit and get some fresh air.  We are now a close knit group of three couples, all shared a maxi van taxi here for just $10 per person, and will do the same tomorrow 🙂

Hi Jean ,

So pleased to hear that you are exploring the city and having a good time with new cruising friends! Perhaps we could meet up in the Wheelhouse Bar on Monday at 10.30am. If you want to change to another time please let me know! 

Edited by queenslander

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

All the best to you al 🥰🥰🥰🥰

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Have you seen this update? It was posted on FB a few minutes ago.

"CORAL PRINCESS 6211P EMBARKATION UPDATE
The Port of Brisbane remains closed to the adverse weather conditions and we still do not know when Coral Princess will be alongside in Brisbane. We expect your embarkation will take place tomorrow, Sunday, 24 July, and will update you in the morning regarding your embarkation schedule, cruise itinerary, and compensation. Again, thank you for your patience and understanding. Please do not depart for the pier tomorrow before receiving our update vis email, SMS, or the recorded call-in number below.

For the most up-to-date information, call 1300 367 989 (+61 2 83264580 if calling from outside Australia) 

Please remember to take a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) this evening or in the morning before departing for the pier, as all guests must attest to a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of embarkation in order to board the ship.

We continue to look forward to welcoming you onboard Coral Princess."

And Brisbane Ports has updated to 8am pilot, 11:45aam arrival at BICT

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Hi Jean ,

So pleased to hear that you are exploring the city and having a good time with new cruising friends! Perhaps we could meet up in the Wheelhouse Bar on Monday at 10.30am. If you want to change to another time please let me know! 

Sounds good 👍 Will be there, boarding permitting 😊 City lovely and felt safe. We observed an altercation yesterday, just shouting and foul language and not directed at us, but hurried along pronto, and looked back a couple of times to make sure we weren't being followed 😧

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Looks like passengers waiting to board should request a late check-out on Sunday.

Oh dear, it's not getting better quickly. And to top it all we have to do a fresh 🐀 tomorrow 😧

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Based on anticipated arrival time, what time would you guess boarding of new passengers will commence?

On those updated times, 4pm at the earliest as a guestimate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree. 4pm at the earliest if they arrive as scheduled. Everything has to be cleaned.

Brisbane forecast for tomorrow sunny 9-22c.  So it will be a beautiful warm winter's day, but cool in the evening.  

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Brisbane forecast for tomorrow sunny 9-22c.  So it will be a beautiful warm winter's day, but cool in the evening.  

Let's hope everything goes as planned - the pilot boarding at 8am and tying up before midday. 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree. 4pm at the earliest if they arrive as scheduled. Everything has to be cleaned.

Maybe they will let us on board earlier than 4pm but just not in our cabins? 

36 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Looks like passengers waiting to board should request a late check-out on Sunday.

Yes, have done that, thanks for the heads up. Maybe Princess will notify us too at some stage?

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

… We are now a close knit group of three couples, all shared a maxi van taxi here for just $10 per person, and will do the same tomorrow 🙂

I’m reminded of my first trip to the UK back in my single days. Flying home I had to change planes in Brunei and the flight from there to Brisbane was delayed and the cancelled. The airline looked after us in as much as they bussed everyone to a 4 star hotel and gave us all complimentary meals in the restaurant. (There were issues around communication and miss communication from the airline but that’s another story.)

As a youngish single man I made friends with two young ladies also on the same flight and had a great time. 😱😁🤷‍♂️

But there was a great sense of solidarity between all of us on the flight. We became a close knit group for that short time; people from all over the world who had never met before or since. Although I am still FB friends with one of the girls. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

All the best for you all 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I’m reminded of my first trip to the UK back in my single days. Flying home I had to change planes in Brunei and the flight from there to Brisbane was delayed and the cancelled. The airline looked after us in as much as they bussed everyone to a 4 star hotel and gave us all complimentary meals in the restaurant. (There were issues around communication and miss communication from the airline but that’s another story.)

As a youngish single man I made friends with two young ladies also on the same flight and had a great time. 😱😁🤷‍♂️

But there was a great sense of solidarity between all of us on the flight. We became a close knit group for that short time; people from all over the world who had never met before or since. Although I am still FB friends with one of the girls. 

We had a similar experience when our flight was diverted from Buenos Aires to Montevideo, Uruguay due to a storm.  Our plane sat on the tarmac with no English announcements.  We made friends with a couple of Australian boys who ended up being on our table on our cruise to Antarctica.  They became good friends on board.  It is good that the three couples have palled up for support.  

• Like 1