Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

32 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

It sounds like you mightn’t get to board until tomorrow! 😱☹️

Maybe you need to go exploring and sus out suitable accommodation for tonight? 🤷‍♂️

Good if we could!!! Came down to lobby and met up with about a dozen other cruisers stranded here. There's no accommodation to be had, everywhere is fully booked, including here, so for most of us here who said we wouldn't want to spend another night at this place, it's not even an option. Very frustrated and stressed - I thought the worst of this whole trip was taking kitty to the cattery and avoiding covid. Sigh, dunno what now 😧

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Good if we could!!! Came down to lobby and met up with about a dozen other cruisers stranded here. There's no accommodation to be had, everywhere is fully booked, including here, so for most of us here who said we wouldn't want to spend another night at this place, it's not even an option. Very frustrated and stressed - I thought the worst of this whole trip was taking kitty to the cattery and avoiding covid. Sigh, dunno what now 😧

I suggest you toss the problem back to Princess (if you are able to contact someone). Ask them to find accommodation for you.

One thing I have learned in life is that if any of your activities are in any way dependant on the mercy of mother nature, and you are prone to getting very upset, then change your activities, or learn to cope.

If you ride a motorbike you are going to get rained on.

If you go hiking see riding motorbike.

If you go camping you will get your tent leak, blown down, flooded.

If you play outdoor sports you are going to get rained out.

If you go cruising you are going to be upset by the weather.

If you live on a floodplain you are going to get flooded and really have something to complain about.

Edited by Russell21
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jean C said:

I did a quick check and the Inala Hotel (07 3051 7648) has rooms available for tonight. Inala Hotel

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I did a quick check and the Inala Hotel (07 3051 7648) has rooms available for tonight. Inala Hotel

The Inala Hotel would have to be an absolute last resort. It is on the other side of Brisbane from the airport and the cruise terminal - probably a $100 taxi ride each way. The CBD would be much better however, I suggest checking out accommodation at Hamilton.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Inala Hotel would have to be an absolute last resort. It is on the other side of Brisbane from the airport and the cruise terminal - probably a $100 taxi ride each way. The CBD would be much better however, I suggest checking out accommodation at Hamilton.

Here are some places in Hamilton.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all your helpful advice and suggestions. We have teamed up with a mother and daughter duo and each party has managed to book the Holiday Inn Express at Wharf Street, Springhill Brisbane. We'll share a taxi there and probably in the morning too.

Taking deep breaths and trying not to stress too much 😪

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Jean C said:

Thank you everyone for all your helpful advice and suggestions. We have teamed up with a mother and daughter duo and each party has managed to book the Holiday Inn Express at Wharf Street, Springhill Brisbane. We'll share a taxi there and probably in the morning too.

I hope everything works out well for you. Good luck.

56 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Have you looked on any of the accommodation booking websites? They are often good for last minute bookings, although you might have to go into the city rather than staying out by the airport.

Edit - I just saw you've found somewhere. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

One thing I have learned in life is that if any of your activities are in any way dependant on the mercy of mother nature, and you are prone to getting very upset, then change your activities, or learn to cope.

If you ride a motorbike you are going to get rained on.

If you go hiking see riding motorbike.

If you go camping you will get your tent leak, blown down, flooded.

If you play outdoor sports you are going to get rained out.

If you go cruising you are going to be upset by the weather.

If you live on a floodplain you are going to get flooded and really have something to complain about.

And sometimes you can't get home because the roads are flooded. We ended up staying two nights extra on our way home from our cruise earlier this month due to the weather conditions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hang in there!

It may not feel like it at the moment but you can do this!

I've lived on this planet for over 48 years. I’ve had some pretty rough experiences (although they do pale in comparison to what some people go through) but so far I have a 100% success rate of surviving the day.

Hopefully you will be more comfortable tonight.

Do you have a plan for the rest of today? Why not do something fun with this extra day in Brisbane? I’m not sure what floats your boat but I’d check out the free Museum of Brisbane (in City Hall) and/or find a Max Brenner or San Churros. Chocolate ALWAYS helps!

The late Jeanne Robertson talked about trying to find the humour in difficult situations. She once found herself in an "interesting" situation when she left it to her husband to book accommodation. Perhaps this video may help relieve some tension.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Information from someone on board - The captain has announced that the port is still closed and that passengers who can't book flights for this evening will be able to stay on board until tomorrow morning.

With that info, they obviously expect to be in port until tomorrow.

The initial revised schedule had arrival around midday today. I think they are still hoping to board the pilot sometime this afternoon, hence their smaller loops around and back towards the Sunshine Coast. 

Coral is pointing back towards the pilot station ATM, but also showing 4.8m seas and a 26 knot southerly in her current location, so it looks like a waiting game for an opportune lull.

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And sometimes you can't get home because the roads are flooded. We ended up staying two nights extra on our way home from our cruise earlier this month due to the weather conditions.

Wow

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I suspect they didn't collect the luggage on the original schedule. It would be a nightmare to return luggage as the cases no longer have the cabin number of them, just an embarkation group number.

Embarkation has now been moved to Sunday morning. ☹️

They did collect luggage on the original schedule. An experienced cruiser would resist, suspecting further possible delays. Friends chose not to put their luggage out.

• Like 2

From aboard, Captain has just announced they are planning to board the pilot at 5pm.

I also think that message translates into we are not going to board a pilot before 5pm, so anyone hoping to fly home tonight needs to make other plans.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Have you looked on any of the accommodation booking websites? They are often good for last minute bookings, although you might have to go into the city rather than staying out by the airport.

Edit - I just saw you've found somewhere. 

I think she was staying at Ibis Budget Hotel at Windsor on a busy road.  Spring Hill will be a definite improvement, where they can visit Brisbane Museum or museums and art galleries at Southbank.  

46 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Wow

Luckily the place we were staying at in Coffs Harbour had availability for the extra two nights. We had a good trip home on the Friday  in dry conditions with only a bit of flooding at the sides of the road near Newcastle. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I think she was staying at Ibis Budget Hotel at Windsor on a busy road.  Spring Hill will be a definite improvement, where they can visit Brisbane Museum or museums and art galleries at Southbank.  

And the Travelodge should be a bit better than an Ibis Budget.

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

Hang in there!

I've lived on this planet for over 48 years. I’ve had some pretty rough experiences (although they do pale in comparison to what some people go through) but so far I have a 100% success rate of surviving the day.

Do you have a plan for the rest of today? Why not do something fun with this extra day in Brisbane? I’m not sure what floats your boat but I’d check out the free Museum of Brisbane (in City Hall) and/or find a Max Brenner or San Churros. Chocolate ALWAYS helps!

The late Jeanne Robertson talked about trying to find the humour in difficult situations. She once found herself in an "interesting" situation when she left it to her husband to book accommodation. Perhaps this video may help relieve some tension.

Thank you for your uplifting comments. I am much older than you but I have the same positive attitude to life! I lost my husband a few years ago and my only son only a few months ago both to cancer and at an early age.  Compared to that nothing phases me out any longer. I have travelled all over the world, some of it on my own, and realise that so long as you have your health everything else can be fixed. Things usually work out so I tend not to stress out about something like a travel delay.

Edited by queenslander
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Thank you for your uplifting comments. I am much older than you but I have the same positive attitude to life! I lost my husband a few years ago and my only son only a few months ago both to cancer and at an early age.  Compared to that that nothing phases me any longer. I have travelled all over the world, some of it on my own and realise that so long as you have your health everything else can be overcome! 

So sorry to hear your story, 😢 but your attitude sounds fantastic. 😁

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Luckily the place we were staying at in Coffs Harbour had availability for the extra two nights. We had a good trip home on the Friday  in dry conditions with only a bit of flooding at the sides of the road near Newcastle. 

That’s good 

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Hang in there!

Hahaha, that was very funny, yes it could definitely be worse! It made me giggle, thank you.

Well, we're in our room at the Holiday Inn, we didn't pay extra for a room with a view, but we're on L6 (of about 12) and have a lovely outlook - I'd call it a pretty darn good view 😀 On opening our room door it was like opening the door to a very upmarket and flash cabin (don't think Princess here), it's clean, modern, everything in tip top condition and just altogether lovely 🤗 I won't need my flip-flops (sorry, can't say "thongs", hehehe ) in this shower 🙃 All prayers everyone for us boarding tomorrow 🙏 😊

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hahaha, that was very funny, yes it could definitely be worse! It made me giggle, thank you.

Well, we're in our room at the Holiday Inn, we didn't pay extra for a room with a view, but we're on L6 (of about 12) and have a lovely outlook - I'd call it a pretty darn good view 😀 On opening our room door it was like opening the door to a very upmarket and flash cabin (don't think Princess here), it's clean, modern, everything in tip top condition and just altogether lovely 🤗 I won't need my flip-flops (sorry, can't say "thongs", hehehe ) in this shower 🙃 All prayers everyone for us boarding tomorrow 🙏 😊

Pleased things are starting to look up accommodation wise.  Enjoy your good view.  Hope you have a nice sunny afternoon,  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jean C said:

You have handled the crisis well, have a good evening at the HIE, I have stayed in a few around the world,  they generally include a light breakfast. Good luck and happy cruising tomorrow.🙂

• Like 1