Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

35 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Enjoy, and don't miss the On the Bayou show, it surpassed excellent 👍 

Thanks for coming back with your comments about your cruise. I'm so glad you enjoyed it after all the hassles and delays. I'm really looking forward to seeing On the Bayou again, hopefully this time from a better seat.

7 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Do you need to book that show?

No, just turn up. I think you have about 1,500 passengers for your cruise, we had less than 1,000. It's set up in one of the smaller lounges, the 2 level Universe Lounge, so it would pay to get there early for a good seat. Sight lines in the lounge are good. We managed to sit in second row and had clear view between bodies on a two seater couch 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

I was overcharged three times on a three day cruise, each time I called them and it was fixed up immediately.

Did not intend to spend what little time I had onboard standing in a queue.

Cheers Carole

I had the same experience in getting an overcharge resolved via email.  Happy with service provided and resolution.

12 minutes ago, BobbyD-retiree said:

I had the same experience in getting an overcharge resolved via email.  Happy with service provided and resolution.

Welcome to the mad house.

3 hours ago, Jean C said:

Part 2 - long walk from terminal to ship, not a problem for us but a not so young lady, who should have known better, was wearing heels and started to struggle along the long airbridge. Might have been good if wheelchairs were parked periodically or staff were there to assist (maybe a firemans lift?).

Okay, delayed boarding, I've said all I need re that previously. I think everyone was a bit tired and flat, as lots of grizzling from passengers at compensation offered - 2 days of fare refunded for 2 missed cruise days, pro-rated according to what we paid, plus the princely sum of, wait for it - drumroll - are you ready? - $50 for incidental costs.

Disappointing enough but when the amount came through to our folio a/c the next day, we were grossly underpaid - we'd paid fare in NZ dollars and refund was in AUD. Even allowing for exchange rate difference, we were each about $50-$60 short, grrrr, Guest Services couldn't help, said we weren't the only ones to say that and to put in claim form after cruise. So that put another dampener on things, facing the prospect of battling with Princess. However, yesterday the $50-odd appeared on our accounts, being refunded taxes and Port charges, whew, no need to go into battle, can relax again (on lady full day)!

MDR staff excellent, we had same table each night with Henry and his offsider Peter - Henry a wonderfully entertaining character  Peter a quieter sort of guy. Our cabin steward was also a little shy and we didn't see him for a couple of days but cabin was serviced beautifully.

Cabin door handle very stiff and hard for weakling me to open at times. Lock on divider between our cabin balcony and next door's broken and had been wedged shut with MDR teaspoon. Came adrift one day, reported to maintenance but they never showed up. Next door re-wedged spoon to hold shut. Guess next occupants will report same problem too 🙁

Would I sail again with Princess after this experience? Dunno, will have to wait and see how I feel later. If cruise had all gone to plan and Mother Nature hadn't thrown a hisdy fit then definitely, once on board it was as good as we hoped.

PS, never got to afternoon tea but one day was walking past and I put a wee bit of cream on a plate to test it - it was fresh cream. Having said that, also saw staff with aerosol cans of cream on their trays, which I'd never seen before, so the artificial stuff is there.

Lots of mask wearing throughout, some sat bars etc with them off. A few wore them under their nostrils and even fewer wore none at all.

Hope something here is of interest or enlightenment 🥰

Already have my teaspoon packed for 3 weeks time. Thanks for the tip.

I find your review being very even handed, considering you didn't just fly overseas for a cruise shortened by two days, taste some ordinary weather, missed a couple of days in the sun then scored a bit of a runaround to boot. I am glad that during your limited days aboard, that at least the ship tried to make the most of it for you. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Just checked with the pursers desk, 1350 passengers on board.

That'll be Henry the waiter put me wrong, or 150 pax dawdled to the ship and missed it 😪 I'm envious of you eating all our food, watching our shows and sleeping in our comfy bed 😄 Enjoy every minute of your holiday 🌞

Sad to be home again, but on the plus side Kitty is happy to see me and hasn't given me the cold shoulder 😺 🥰

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Ships passing in the night.

Just watching Pacific Explorer sailing past.

Awesome. I was too busy watching for Encounter to pass Explorer that I didn't notice.

You actually watched Pacific Encounter cruise past. Explorer is heading from Cairns to Willis Island.

Edited by arxcards
Ship jumble, just too many ships here now ;)
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I read on some reviews that MDR is currently not open for breakfast or lunch, is that correct?

That was only for a short time while so many of the crew had Covid. Apparently it's back to normal now.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I read on some reviews that MDR is currently not open for breakfast or lunch, is that correct?

The MDR was open for breakfast and lunch (lunch only on sea days as usual) on our 26th June cruise, but on the next cruise where a large number of crew were in isolation, the dining room was only open for dinner. I don't know what is happening on the current cruise.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The MDR was open for breakfast and lunch (lunch only on sea days as usual) on our 26th June cruise, but on the next cruise where a large number of crew were in isolation, the dining room was only open for dinner. I don't know what is happening on the current cruise.

I've seen posts elsewhere saying it's back to normal now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Have you found the service up to Princess' usual standard? How is the food?

Yes. Everything is fine. As good as any previous Princess cruise.

Buffet is up to Sun/Sea standard, but not quite Ruby/Diamond and definitely not Majestic.

I haven't been in the MDR as yet. Will go tonight. Last June it was excellent.

• Like 1