Can't get double Capt.'s Club points from double point promotion ?

CapeLibertyGirl

Cruise was 5/4/22 9 night Bermuda, Charleston and Newport (cancelled do to rough seas) did not get any OBC do to this but stayed in Charleston 2 nights. I have called 5 times with assurances I'll get the additional 72 points (should have been 144) and have been hung up on 3 times with no call back. The last call said after he read all the notes from 4 other calls the prior agent did nothing. He  put me on hold then stated I would get an email and possibly phone call to rectify the points. We are Elite+ and have stayed in a Suite on all our 15 Summit cruises. This cruise cost $12,000+ . Any input on this issue would be appreciated.

Agree.  Would write a letter - 1 page - and mail it to the executive offices.  Clearly an succinctly explaining the details with just the facts. I would expect a reply in about 8 weeks.  This is not a situation a CSR can solve.

FWIW being Elite+ will make no difference- nor should it (we are Elite+ too)

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Them, you, us and about 10,000 others.  

Just curious, do you or does anyone have a good count of how many Elite, Elite+ or Z there are? It didn’t take me all that long to get to E+ and I assume there are many many of us, but don’t really know…

I don’t have a count but those who are Diamond on Royal get Elite benefits.  750 points For E.+ must be earned but sail Concierge, Aqua and throw in a few suites then add in PUP points, double point promotions and Go Green.  Having been on some TAs   7-8 years ago, before AI, and the Sky Lounge could not hold all the Elites for Happy Hour so by now most of those, including us are E+ and nearing Zenith.

• Like 1

I know the program is going to change as they have too many people becoming Zenith members.  In the beginning there were a handful.....100-200 members and I hear that has increased 20X to 2-4K zenith members..... Though Celebrity is mum on the numbers.  We did have a Triple Zenith on our last cruise who had earned their points the hard way....200+cruises in inside cabins.....over the last 20 years....

Edited by cruiseerf

1 hour ago, cruiseerf said:

I know the program is going to change as they have too many people becoming Zenith members.  In the beginning there were a handful.....100-200 members and I hear that has increased 20X to 2-4K zenith members..... Though Celebrity is mum on the numbers.  We did have a Triple Zenith on our last cruise who had earned their points the hard way....200+cruises in inside cabins.....over the last 20 years....

I don;t doubt your numbers but is it more prevalent in the Carabean. We sail mostly in Europe and out of Southamton at that, On four cruises on Silhouette there were not more than four or five Zenith couples on any one sailing and mostly they were in suites anyway.

We are currently on Reflection in the Med and the ship is according to Captain Nikolaos the fullest capacity sailing to date, 2360 or so pax. That said there are no zenith members on board and we are top cruisers and are a little shy of 3X elite+. Zenith is 4x elite+. 

I had not realy taken any note of how many or few zenith cruisers there were before the pandemic as Michaels has never seemed croweded beyond its capacity. but since the pandemic I have got to know a number of zenith crusers on our sailings, all in suites, and had the impresion that there are fewer european zeniths than US. Now that people are crossing back from the US to the Europe I haven't noticed an increase in zenith numbers arriving on our shores. I wonder if especialy on the revolutionised Silhouette if the lack of an exclusive lounge and apparent reduction in perks has made the distance to travel less atractive.

This post was not about Capt. Club status, Suite or times sailed it was about the poor service and response from Celebrity. After holding  on up to 2 hrs. 5 times and being cut off  3 times is the point of this post. I was only asking if anyone had any other ideas how I could resolve this issue. Some of the posts are so far from what I was asking I could care less about numbers or status and don't think I should get preference because of it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The number of zeniths seems to be around 500.  One member was keeping an unofficial count and when he stopped there were around 350.  With no new zeniths during the shutdown it hasn’t grown much.

There have been many reaching Zenith since the restart.  There have been PUP and double points promotions which have helped those close accelerate.  Some are getting there pretty quickly now sailing upper suites.

Power ups were a point here and a point there , maybe 100 or so to date.  Someone would have to be nearly to 3000 for that to matter.  

there can’t have been more than a handful of people that close.

some may have gotten a whole bunch of points by staying in top level suites but again, probably not more than a handful who achieved zenith since the startup a year ago.

11 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

Interesting perspective.  I suspect it is the exact opposite.  The conversion from the old system allowed a lot of people to gain many points  even when sailing short cruises in less expensive inside cabins.  There used to be 1 point  for a 14 day cruise in a balcony cabin, the same as 1 point for a 3 day cruise in an inside cabin.  I believe the points converted at 25 new points system  for 1 point under the old system.

Now if you  book a longer cruise in a high level suite, you receive significantly  more points.  I would think it would almost be impossible to obtain a Zenith level from sailing short  cruises in an inside cabin.  

The irony is that passengers that cruise in high level cabins for longer periods, may not get much value out of the benefits associated with a higher level Captain Club level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Power ups were a point here and a point there , maybe 100 or so to date.  Someone would have to be nearly to 3000 for that to matter.  

there can’t have been more than a handful of people that close.

some may have gotten a whole bunch of points by staying in top level suites but again, probably not more than a handful who achieved zenith since the startup a year ago.

I can prove I had  Zenith television years ago so how many points do I get?