Luminae / Retreat on Solstice

DisneyTech

Hi Everyone,

We just had our MoveUp offer accepted on our 7/22 Alaska cruise on the Solstice. We will be in retreat cabin (Celebrity Suite) for the first time and I’m hoping that everyone can share their tips with us. 

One specific question that I had was regarding dining in Luminae. I am traveling with my wife and daughter (6 y.o.). My wife is a fairly picky eater, so I’m worried there will be nights that the food is too fancy for her. 

Do those dining in Luminae have the option of ordering off of the MDR menu if nothing on the Luminae menu sounds good to them?

Also, I’m assuming that Luminae still offers a kids menu of some sort?

Aside from that, what other tops / secrets should I know? Benefits I should be sure to take advantage of? 

Thanks!!

4 minutes ago, DisneyTech said:

One specific question that I had was regarding dining in Luminae. I am traveling with my wife and daughter (6 y.o.). My wife is a fairly picky eater, so I’m worried there will be nights that the food is too fancy for her. 

Do those dining in Luminae have the option of ordering off of the MDR menu if nothing on the Luminae menu sounds good to them?

Just returned from Solstice this past Friday and stayed in a retreat cabin (Sky Suite) - was also our first time.  We dined in Luminae every day and if you ask for the MDR menu they will bring it to you and you can order from it in addition to the Luminae menu  We had two in our group that preferred the MDR menu.  There is no kids menu at Luminae but there are options on the MDR menu.  The staff is very accommodating and the service is amazing! Enjoy!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DisneyTech said:

Hi Everyone,

We just had our MoveUp offer accepted on our 7/22 Alaska cruise on the Solstice. We will be in retreat cabin (Celebrity Suite) for the first time and I’m hoping that everyone can share their tips with us. 

Aside from that, what other tops / secrets should I know? Benefits I should be sure to take advantage of? 

Thanks!!

We were recently on APEX and there definitely is a children's menu in Luminae as my husband ordered from it. You should be able to find it on the App toward the bottom of the regular Luminae menu. My DH is a non-adventurous eater and on a couple of occasions asked....a day before...if he could have something not on the menu and they were happy to oblige. 

18 minutes ago, 39august said:

There has been a children's menu in Luminae for years. Are you sure there was not one on Solstice?

If there is one, we were not offered it; we also did not ask for one. Everyone was very happy with the options at Luminae and the MDR which has a kids menu printed directly on it.  

24 minutes ago, 39august said:

There has been a children's menu in Luminae for years. Are you sure there was not one on Solstice?

While we normally dont order off the kids menu. Luminae does have a dinner kids menu. I did ask in Luminae on the Edge about a Luminae or kids lunch menu as I wanted the tomato soup. I was told the Edge Luminae does not have a lunch kids menu.

We were B2B on the Solstice in a suite during the last half of June.  

I periodically ordered off the MDR menu, particularly at lunch.  We had kids younger than ten on both sailings and meals for them did not seem to be an issue.

The Retreat/Michael's Club team (Suite Manager, two Retreat Concierges, MC bartender and assistant bartender) is one of the best we have experienced.  The bartenders will concoct non-alcohol drinks for your daughter.  A silent disco event will be held in Michael's Club which your daughter may really enjoy.

The Luminae waiter team was perfect.  You will have a different Luminae maitre' d as Mr. Fernando was leaving on vacation as we were also leaving.

And make sure that you take advantage of priority tender (if you will be tendering at Skagway due to the dock damage caused by a rock slide) offered by the fact you are in a suite.  

We agree, great service in both Luminae and Michael's Club. A couple of other tips. There are no USB plugs in the Celebrity Suite on Solstice and only one U.S. style plug easily accessable in the entire suite. I found a second inside the cabinet under the TV in the living room. There is no coffee maker in the suite but you can ask for a kettle for hot water and you can bring instant coffee, if you don't want room service.

• Like 1

Just returned from the solstice and found sitting in the first section of Luminae was much longer than sitting in the back section. Dinner and lunch would take from one and a half to two hours. This is not acceptable in our opinion for a three course meal. Ask foe Alvin’s section he was the best.

Your wife should be fine.   In addition to being able to order from MDR menu on M and S class ships they have every day items like Salmon, Chicken and Steak.   They also have a Children's menu and we order from it often.

You can also speak with the restaurant manager and she can work with your wife and find meals that work for her - usually a day in advance.