CDC ends all restrictions as of July 18th (TODAY!!)

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Same here. Require testing until I've used all of mine. 🤣

Aren't there still some islands and other countries Royal goes to still require people to be vaccinated?

Bermuda requires vaccination and testing...........and charges for a Travel Authorization at $40 PP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Same here. Require testing until I've used all of mine. 🤣

Aren't there still some islands and other countries Royal goes to still require people to be vaccinated?

I am fully vaxed, as my DW and boys.  Unfortunately, Puerto Rico, Labadee, St Marteen do NOT require Vaccine to to enter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Princess announced that they are allowing 10% of adults passengers to be unvaccinated. No having to qualify just have to get in before the 10% fills up.

How are they going to offer that?  First Buy First gets.... First Checkin First gets...???

31 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Nooooooo!!!!!!!  I still have three more emed tests to use up!

This morning I ordered emed tests for our cruise in August. If the testing requirements goes away prior to August 6, I think all of you can thank me for making what I hope will be an unnecessary purchase.

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

I wonder if they will go back to handing out colored wrist bands to denote vaccinated / unvaccinated?

I don’t think they’ll treat the unvaccinated any differently than the vaccinated. Why would they? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Acruisingperson said:

This morning I ordered emed tests for our cruise in August. If the testing requirements goes away prior to August 6, I think all of you can thank me for making what I hope will be an unnecessary purchase.

So would I have but I am more nervous about this ^&&%#$ BA.5 in NJ hitting sooooo many that are already vaxed!!!!!  Not serious but, like a teenager in High School sitting next to his girlfriend... DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT SECOND BLUE LINE!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hurrah!

Unvaccinated and have flown on over 250 flights since January 1, 2020 — including dozens of international flights.

I was happy to play the secret “yes unvaccinated folks can still legally cruise” game, but what a headache to play it with the secret policies and forms and justifications.

I’m  booking a lot of cruises the rest of 2022!  I expect RCCL to drop this nonsense quickly.

if you’re afraid to leave your house because of me, just stay home.

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, Project-College said:

So would I have but I am more nervous about this ^&&%#$ BA.5 in NJ hitting sooooo many that are already vaxed!!!!!  Not serious but, like a teenager in High School sitting next to his girlfriend... DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT SECOND BLUE LINE!!!!

Do people really want others to board who would test positive?

• Like 1

Just now, dada2199cc said:

Hurrah!

Unvaccinated and have flown on over 250 flights since January 1, 2020 — including dozens of international flights.

I was happy to play the secret “yes unvaccinated folks can still legally cruise” game, but what a headache to play it with the secret policies and forms and justifications.

I’m  booking a lot of cruises the rest of 2022!  I expect RCCL to drop this nonsense quickly.

if you’re afraid to leave your house because of me, just stay home.

Most people feel that the vaccine requirement will be the very last thing to go.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Do people really want others to board who would test positive?

No but if I thought that way I would never get off the ship and I would not want anyone else to get off at any ports (as they could bring it back).

Right now the stats are so skewed since so many do NOT report when they are positive and the Proctored testing is really a joke.  The inconsistent methods they apply are so rediculous . 

The ones that are honest appear to be in the minority~!

20 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Princess announced that they are allowing 10% of adults passengers to be unvaccinated. No having to qualify just have to get in before the 10% fills up.

Inclusive of unvaccinated kids🤔

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

.Over the past two years, CDC has worked closely with the cruise industry, state, territorial, and local health authorities, and federal and seaport partners to provide a safer and healthier environment for cruise passengers and crew.

CDC has determined that the cruise industry has access to the necessary tools (e.g., cruise-specific recommendations and guidance, vaccinations, testing instruments, treatment modalities, and non-pharmaceutical interventions) to prevent and mitigate COVID-19 on board.

Therefore, CDC’s COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships is no longer in effect as of today.

Going forward, CDC will continue to publish cruise-specific guidance so cruise ships can continue to provide a safer and healthier environment for crew, passengers, and communities. Individual cruise lines will determine their own specific COVID-19-related requirements for cruise travel, as well as safety measures and protocols for passengers traveling on board based on CDC recommendations for reducing the risk of COVID-19.

Cruise travelers should contact their cruise line directly for more information regarding the protocols and procedures for COVID-19 safety, which may vary among cruise lines.

While cruising poses some risk of COVID-19 transmission, travelers can make their own risk assessment when choosing to cruise, much like they do in other settings. CDC continues to recommend that cruise travelers remain up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines and get tested for COVID-19 before and after they travel, and after any known exposure to a person with COVID-19.

CDC also continues to recommend mask wearing in indoor travel settings.

Cruise lines are still required to meet the requirements regarding, vaccines, testing etc from every other port they operate from/to worldwide. Testing may well be stopped but I believe vaccination will be required for some time.

• Like 1