Splendor - Help me pick a suite!

Hi, This is my first time on Splendor. I have sailed on Voyager, Deluxe Veranda Suite, category  F, deck 7 and was happy. I am now looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise next spring. I'm trying to decide between:

Deluxe Veranda G1 - deck 6 rms 678 - 83. Plus is it has a large balcony. Minus is it's close to the fitness center. I'm concerned abut the noise.

Deluxe Veranda G2 - deck rms 619 - 41. Plus is it is mid to front of ship. Minus is the smaller balcony 

I'm disappointed that the Deluxe Veranda suites on Splendor are Queens. We had a King on Voyage. Do we splurge for a a Superior Suite (F2) which gets us the king and a larger room? It also moves us up to deck 7-9.

Any thoughts and experiences welcome.

We are happy with any of the suites in grades D, E & F on Splendor & Explorer.

IMO, F2 are the best value.

(On voyager we are more than happy with G, but not on Splendor or Explorer)

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 3

On 7/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, IotaEtaPi said:

Hi, This is my first time on Splendor. I have sailed on Voyager, Deluxe Veranda Suite, category  F, deck 7 and was happy. I am now looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise next spring. I'm trying to decide between:

Deluxe Veranda G1 - deck 6 rms 678 - 83. Plus is it has a large balcony. Minus is it's close to the fitness center. I'm concerned abut the noise.

Deluxe Veranda G2 - deck rms 619 - 41. Plus is it is mid to front of ship. Minus is the smaller balcony 

I'm disappointed that the Deluxe Veranda suites on Splendor are Queens. We had a King on Voyage. Do we splurge for a a Superior Suite (F2) which gets us the king and a larger room? It also moves us up to deck 7-9.

Any thoughts and experiences welcome.

We book a Superior Suite (F2) and absolutely love it. Love how the bed faces out. There is a huge walk-in closet. The bathroom has a tub and separate shower. There are two sinks. There is lot of storage in the suite. Go for it! 

Edited by Carol From California
  • Like 4

On the pre-Explorer Regent ships, we’ve always been happy with the lowest level cabin we can snag—including window suites on Navigator.  But the first time we booked Explorer, our TA (who knows Regent and knows us) warned us away from the Veranda suites if there’s 2 people and toward the Superior suites. And we’ve enjoyed that type of cabin ever since. A friend who also usually goes for the least expensive cabins did get a Veranda suite and said she and her husband felt cramped in it.

I would expect that if you’re sailing solo, the Veranda suites would be fine. 

• Like 3

We've not been on the new ships yet, but also have had the Superior suites recommended to us.  As it turns out, our January Splendor cruise will be in a Concierge (which is the same configuration), but that's just because it's what was available when we booked.  I don't mind a well laid-out small cabin but love the bigger one if I can get it.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

We've not been on the new ships yet, but also have had the Superior suites recommended to us.  As it turns out, our January Splendor cruise will be in a Concierge (which is the same configuration), but that's just because it's what was available when we booked.  I don't mind a well laid-out small cabin but love the bigger one if I can get it.

You'll love it Wendy.

For us, the F2 is the sweet spot in cabins on Explorer and Splendor (and the upcoming Grandeur as well).  Great layout, plenty of space, not much more $$ than a G1.  We're looking at a cruise next spring that only has G cabins available and we're probably going to pass on it if we can't get into an F or above.

There really is a noticeable difference, IMO.

• Like 2