Miami port question

We are leaving on Freedom from Miami tomorrow and hotel front desk said there are multiple ports and we would need the address of the one we are going to for the Uber. 

Anyone know where I can find the address of the port? I don't find anything in my cruise papers. 

Edited by linerode

4 minutes ago, linerode said:

We are leaving on Freedom from Miami tomorrow and hotel front desk said there are multiple ports and we would need the address of the one we are going to for the Uber. 

Anyone know where I can find the address of the port? I don't find anything in my cruise papers. 

image.thumb.png.9f841d6f010e6b61285a290830df368f.png

14 minutes ago, linerode said:

Miami has only one port -- PortMiami but several terminals. 

• Terminal AA/AAA – MSC Cruises (2023)
  • Terminal A – Royal Caribbean | The Crown of Miami
  • Terminal B – Norwegian Cruise Line | The Pearl of Miami
  • Cruise Terminal C – Norwegian, Disney Cruises
  • Terminals D & E – Carnival, Princess Cruises, P&O, Holland America Line
  • Terminal F – MSC Cruises
  • Terminal G – Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises
  • Terminal J – small vessels and luxury cruises (Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven Seas)
  • Terminal K – Disney Cruise Line (2023)
  • Terminal V – Virgin Voyages | Palm Grove

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

We're on Explorer starting 6 August, anyone know if she will be out of terminal A or terminal G?

Look for any other RCI ship sailing that day - if there’s on an O class that day, you’ll be at G. 

• Like 1

Explorer is using G regardless of the presence/absence of an Oasis-class ship. 

Otherwise, the people who drove to the port would be let off with all their luggage at a different terminal than the one where their car is located, and Royal would have to arrange to shuttle them down the road.  

17 hours ago, crazyank said:

We're on Explorer starting 6 August, anyone know if she will be out of terminal A or terminal G?

I'm on the same sailing. Also expect it to be out of G. Come on over to the roll call and say Hi!

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Explorer is using G regardless of the presence/absence of an Oasis-class ship. 

Otherwise, the people who drove to the port would be let off with all their luggage at a different terminal than the one where their car is located, and Royal would have to arrange to shuttle them down the road.  

Maybe it’s different in Miami but I used to live across a block away from Port Tampa Bay and while the ships usually used the same terminal every time occasionally they would pull up at different one on rare occasions

23 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

Maybe it’s different in Miami but I used to live across a block away from Port Tampa Bay and while the ships usually used the same terminal every time occasionally they would pull up at different one on rare occasions

Under very rare circumstances, it might be necessary due to damage/maintenance at the expected terminal.  When hurricane Dorian screwed up schedules, Majesty had to debark at a different terminal in Port Everglades, but that was an extreme exception, not the normal situation.  Royal had to shuttle everyone who drove to the other terminal, and it was a big PITA for those involved.

But as a rule, Explorer has been using Terminal G since moving to Miami from San Juan this spring, even when Symphony wasn't at Terminal A.  Explorer has been doing a 6/8 itinerary, and Symphony has been doing a 7/7 itinerary, so every other weekend Explorer is in on a Sunday when Symphony isn't in port and Terminal A is empty.  

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Under very rare circumstances, it might be necessary due to damage/maintenance at the expected terminal.  When hurricane Dorian screwed up schedules, Majesty had to debark at a different terminal in Port Everglades, but that was an extreme exception, not the normal situation.  Royal had to shuttle everyone who drove to the other terminal, and it was a big PITA for those involved.

But as a rule, Explorer has been using Terminal G since moving to Miami from San Juan this spring, even when Symphony wasn't at Terminal A.  Explorer has been doing a 6/8 itinerary, and Symphony has been doing a 7/7 itinerary, so every other weekend Explorer is in on a Sunday when Symphony isn't in port and Terminal A is empty.  

That's right -- terminal A is usually reserved for Oasis Class ships and G is for all the rest. Since I live on the north side of Miami and go south on I-95 I can usually see which RCI ships are at which terminals but I really think there should be digital signs indicating which ships are at which terminals. I know that many passengers on my last Jewel cruise were dropped of at A and had to take another Uber for $10 to get to G.  

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

That's right -- terminal A is usually reserved for Oasis Class ships and G is for all the rest. 

Last fall, they were doing Freedom out of Terminal A, because it was doing a 3/4 and was in port on Mondays and Fridays, so Terminal A was available.  I was expecting G, so was happily surprised with A instead!

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Last fall, they were doing Freedom out of Terminal A, because it was doing a 3/4 and was in port on Mondays and Fridays, so Terminal A was available.  I was expecting G, so was happily surprised with A instead!

Yes - I took Freedom out of A back then as well but I think that's an exception now.. Best to double check.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:54 PM, Sea Dog said:

Sailing on Symphony on September 16th. Anyone know what terminal she will be out of?

Symphony has its own terminal but I don't remember the number.  The taxi driver knew exactly where to take us.  This was our first time our of Miami.  Be prepared for aggressive porters telling you your luggage may get "lost" if you don't tip them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shofer said:

Symphony has its own terminal but I don't remember the number.  The taxi driver knew exactly where to take us.  This was our first time our of Miami.  Be prepared for aggressive porters telling you your luggage may get "lost" if you don't tip them.

Thank you. I always tip the porters but being threatening will make me go to another porter.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:48 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Miami has only one port -- PortMiami but several terminals. 

• Terminal AA/AAA – MSC Cruises (2023)
  • Terminal A – Royal Caribbean | The Crown of Miami
  • Terminal B – Norwegian Cruise Line | The Pearl of Miami
  • Cruise Terminal C – Norwegian, Disney Cruises
  • Terminals D & E – Carnival, Princess Cruises, P&O, Holland America Line
  • Terminal F – MSC Cruises
  • Terminal G – Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises
  • Terminal J – small vessels and luxury cruises (Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven Seas)
  • Terminal K – Disney Cruise Line (2023)
  • Terminal V – Virgin Voyages | Palm Grove

This is extremely helpful.