Brochures - ENOUGH!

Ride-The-Waves

Received another glossy brochure today.  Goes straight to the recycle bin after removing my address.  Have requested Oceania to stop inundating us with brochures to no avail.  Its like they are a used car lot begging people to "buy here, pay here:" the worst and sleaziest used car brokerage.  PLEASE STOP!  Spouse and I have sailed the world and we know what we like and where we want to travel.  Inundating us with brochures is not only costly, adding to the overall expense of sailing with Oceania, it is polluting the environment, contributing to planet warming, and generally unsanitary.  PLEASE STOP!

• Like 4

I filled out something a while ago on line asking for reduced mailings.  No Luck!!  I get one (sometimes two) every other day.  I'm still getting plenty of Regent mail too and I haven't sailed with them since 2010.   I think it's engrained in the NCLH mindset that O and RSSC cruisers are old school and will not respond to email solicitation.  That's probably why O has no app.  Get with it.  JMO.

• Like 1

I was also receiving many brochures from Oceania. Called them and had to arrow down several options.........but talked to the brochure department or something to that effect. Asked them to stop sending information and have not received any since I made the request. You can make it stop but was a slight hassle. Sorry, but do not remember the exact department I talked to that stopped this waste.

Lyn, I never thought of asking our TA to get us off the list.  Worth a try!

We are being deluged with cruise brochures ... and emails as well from lines that we haven't used in more than 20 years ... Generally I just toss them.

• Like 1

I don't mind the brochures, I actually read them, I have one sitting by me right now I need to leaf through. Amazing what you might learn from them that you won't online. 

I'm more concerned about the daily deluge I get from all the political candidates running for two open rep districts here. Our election is this coming Tuesday, and it's nonstop, along with the TV ads. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I don't mind the brochures, I actually read them, I have one sitting by me right now I need to leaf through. Amazing what you might learn from them that you won't online. 

I agree  I like  the big brochures  but the daily sales etc.. not so much

I can view some of them online   so not going to open that can of worms by signing up for them again 😄

On 7/28/2022 at 5:28 PM, Ride-The-Waves said:

Received another glossy brochure today.  Goes straight to the recycle bin after removing my address.  Have requested Oceania to stop inundating us with brochures to no avail.  Its like they are a used car lot begging people to "buy here, pay here:" the worst and sleaziest used car brokerage.  PLEASE STOP!  Spouse and I have sailed the world and we know what we like and where we want to travel.  Inundating us with brochures is not only costly, adding to the overall expense of sailing with Oceania, it is polluting the environment, contributing to planet warming, and generally unsanitary.  PLEASE STOP!

I agree., no need to for expensive brochures when you can find all the information you need on the website. I’m sure you already sent your request in as I have, but it does take a month or so for it to stop. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/changeofaddress/

Received 8 this week alone.  We have never sailed on Oceania and have been receiving them for years.  We finally did book 2 cruises with them in the last month and the number seems to now have increased.  😱😱

I can count on one hand the number I have received from Celebrity in the last several years.  A couple of hands for ones from Viking and Regent.  I could fill a warehouse with the ones from Oceania.  There is a definite disconnect going on somewhere in the marketing department.

51 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Received 8 this week alone.  We have never sailed on Oceania and have been receiving them for years.  We finally did book 2 cruises with them in the last month and the number seems to now have increased.  😱😱

HMMM Maybe your TA added you to the mailing list  if you did not sign up for them

Look on the address label  to see if your TA  is listed

31 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

HMMM Maybe your TA added you to the mailing list  if you did not sign up for them

Look on the address label  to see if your TA  is listed

Booked direct...just transferred to TA 2 days ago......

3 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Have done this once before.  The link says to give them 8 weeks to make the change.  8 WEEKS!

The addresses printed on the brochures are pre-printed at the publisher, hence the delay.

21 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So you have not cruised any other lines before  this?

We've cruised about 30 times.  More on Celebrity than any others, but also HAL, Princess, Royal.  They just don't send out brochures the way Oceania does. I don't remember the last brochure I received from any of them frankly.  I do get a quarterly bulletin from Princess from their loyalty club, Celebrity now sends that out digitally and pretty sure we've never gotten anything from HAL, but we only cruised with once. 

Don't get me wrong, aside from the massive waste of paper it creates, I really don't care.  It is helping to fill up the landfills.

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We've cruised about 30 times.  More on Celebrity than any others, but also HAL, Princess, Royal. 

OK I guess the point I was trying to make but failed

Have you used a TA in the past?

They could have added your name to Oceania's mailing list  if you did not  someone did  because I doubt they go through  the streets looking for people to mail their brochures to

Just now, LHT28 said:

OK I guess the point I was trying to make but failed

Have you used a TA in the past?

They could have added your name to Oceania's mailing list  if you did not  someone did  because I doubt they go through  the streets looking for people to mail their brochures to

Only TA we have used in the past was with the "big box" store. Because we have looked at Oceania over the years, I'm sure at some point over the last 20 years I must have probably clicked on something on the website that said "send me a brochure" and the avalanche began... lol🤪

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, marieps said:

I filled out something a while ago on line asking for reduced mailings.  No Luck!!  I get one (sometimes two) every other day.  I'm still getting plenty of Regent mail too and I haven't sailed with them since 2010.   I think it's engrained in the NCLH mindset that O and RSSC cruisers are old school and will not respond to email solicitation.  That's probably why O has no app.  Get with it.  JMO.

Tell the post office you don't want anything other than first class mail.

While we are deluged with Oceania and Regent brochures (for many years now) we also get tons of them from Viking, and while we are regulars on Oceania (although haven't sailed since Covid struck) our last cruise on Viking was 9 years ago.

Maybe they didn't get the message ...

Mura

I am amazed at the Plethora of Mailings I get from O !😜

Many are for the same cruises and all for the same prices as they "Never have Sales" although I did take advantage of a Category Upgrade they offered a while back.

Maybe the head marketing person owns a publishing or glossy paper company?

On 7/30/2022 at 4:09 PM, Queen of DaNile said:

New personal record - three today!!!

We got 4 today, all for a different region.  I don't mind too much, and browse many of them. 😆

• Like 1