Water

preston

Yes you can.   The sell both the canned water under the Classic or San Pelligrino, Evian and Perrier  on Premium for If I recall $5 - 6   They also sell it by the liter in the dining rooms and some of the bars for I believe about 7.50    all these prices would have about a 20% grat added.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, preston said:

Can you buy bottled water on ship ? Looked on web site and only sell water packages by the day  .

If you booked with AI pricing canned water is included. If you didn't and are Elite or above you can get enough free water from 5 to 7 pm to last the next day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

You can also ask your room attendant to bring ice to your room twice daily. As it begins to melt just top up your water bottle. 

We have a large (champagne size ) bucket of ice delivered every night. Leave the top off and as the ice melts it helps to keep room moist. I know others say it doesn't work but, even if it's physiological, it does for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, preston said:

Can you buy bottled water on ship ? Looked on web site and only sell water packages by the day  .

You can purchase  water on the ship for $3 plus added gratuity which will be charged to your account.  You could also bring a case aboard and have it delivered with your luggage to your room.  

If you have either of the drink's packages, they include bottled or canned water. With the Premium drinks package, we always keep our cabin stocked with 1-liter bottles of Evian water. The canned water has a bad metalic taste.  We carry plastic insulated Polar brand 24 oz refillable water bottles and fill them with ice and add the bottled water for going ashore. The Polar bottles will keep water cool for hours and are light weight. They will be used extensively next week for our Reflection cruise form Rome.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

How do you get along with the coffee, tea, ice, and such?

No choice for the coffee and ice. I was in the water filtration business for over 20 years before I retired and I am very picky about the water I drink. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keesar said:

You could also bring a case aboard and have it delivered with your luggage to your room.

I'm not sure that is the case anymore.  Celebrity has their very strong program against single use plastic water bottles which is why all the water they use is either in cans or glass bottles.

I know I read in the early days of Edge sailings that they were not allowing water in plastic bottles to be brought onboard (in bulk).  I don't know for sure what would happen now but don't be surprised if you have to leave it on the dock.

The same topic is being discussed in another thread. No one seems to be able to find an actual policy statement regarding the prohibition of plastic bottles. While Celebrity does use glass and metal bottles for water, they do serve drinks in plastic bottles on the ship, notably vitamin water as one example.  

If anyone can find a statement in the FAQ or website or E docs that says that you are not allowed to bring plastic bottles for sure, it would be appreciated it if you could post a link.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

You can also ask your room attendant to bring ice to your room twice daily. As it begins to melt just top up your water bottle. 

I do that all the time.     I like cold water and also pour it out of the ice bucket for pills in the morning and evening.

• Like 1

I know the water is safe to drink, but the amount of sodium makes my ankles swell. On Regent, they use the Vero system. It was fine, there are fill stations all over the ship, and we were each given our own metal water bottle. Curious, @terrydtxif you are familiar with Vero.

10 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

I know the water is safe to drink, but the amount of sodium makes my ankles swell. On Regent, they use the Vero system. It was fine, there are fill stations all over the ship, and we were each given our own metal water bottle. Curious, @terrydtxif you are familiar with Vero.

Vero is a very good system, very popular with the hospitality industry. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Or bring a refillable bottle and fill it at the water bottle filling stations for free.  

I hate the metal bottles.  Too bloody hard to open without cutting my hands. 

I think this is what I would prefer to do.  Do all the ships have the bottle filling stations or just the new ones? 

11 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

I loved this on Regent.  I thought the Vero water was delicious plus you could choose still or sparkling.  It also came out ice cold. I kept my Vero bottles and hope to use them on my next Celebrity cruise.  

• Like 2

When I was on the Edge in Feb 2020, I had the Premium package and regularly ordered - and was handed - a bottle of water with each drink I got. (No bribery occurred to get that - I'd seen people on here say that they would order a bottle of water with their beverage and get it most of the time.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

I know the water is safe to drink, but the amount of sodium makes my ankles swell.

I believe that sodium in the drinking water is an urban myth which has been repeatedly debunked. The sodium that is affecting you is probably because they salt the food, undoubtedly more than you salt your own food at home.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

It may be safe to drink but it still has chlorine added for sanitation purposes and I do not like the taste.

Terry - the pool water is chlorinated.   Other water is basically distilled water that is put through a UV and filter.  

Understand you do not like the taste.  It tastes flat to me.  I simply add a drop or two of lemon or my wife objected to Irish whiskey. 

9 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

When I was on the Edge in Feb 2020, I had the Premium package and regularly ordered - and was handed - a bottle of water with each drink I got. (No bribery occurred to get that - I'd seen people on here say that they would order a bottle of water with their beverage and get it most of the time.)

I order and drink plenty of bottles of water while drinking alcohol, as well. The bartenders often pick up in that quickly. I find that the ones I frequent just bring up a bottle without me even asking, and it's quickly replaced when empty. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 3:02 AM, keesar said:

You can purchase  water on the ship for $3 plus added gratuity which will be charged to your account.  You could also bring a case aboard and have it delivered with your luggage to your room.  

Is it one case water pp or per room? Thanks!