Magnetic hooks on Summit

sdnich

We are cruising on the summit in September and I remember reading  that the magnetic hooks don’t work in the rooms of the revolutionized ships. I’m curious if there is metal in the bathroom so they could be used in there?? I don’t want to  bring them if we cannot use them in our room . We are in a sky suite if that makes a difference.

44 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We are cruising on the summit in September and I remember reading  that the magnetic hooks don’t work in the rooms of the revolutionized ships. I’m curious if there is metal in the bathroom so they could be used in there?? I don’t want to  bring them if we cannot use them in our room . We are in a sky suite if that makes a difference.

Not our experience. We've cruised on the Summit pre and post revolution (September 2019) and the magnetic hooks worked just fine. Plan on using them again on the Summit this September. Staterooms category has nothing to do with it. Same material used in all staterooms, fleetwide. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sdnich said:

Ok great ! Thanks for the info I wasn’t sure if  and where I read that information. Thanks for clarifying. 
davekathy looking forward to our cruise in Sept. See you onboard 

Check out my post on our Roll Call forum. Any thoughts? 

We were in S1 6145 on Summit and the magnets don't work on the walls but do on the ceiling.   We use them on the ceiling to hang the heavy robes they provide in the suites.   On the walls where the magnets work they tend to slide down with heavy articles.

20 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

We were in S1 6145 on Summit and the magnets don't work on the walls but do on the ceiling.   We use them on the ceiling to hang the heavy robes they provide in the suites.   On the walls where the magnets work they tend to slide down with heavy articles.

Agree, we were in a SS suite in May and the only place the hooks worked was on the ceiling.  I did not try in the bathroom.

I've been in AQ and SS on Summit and after revolution the walls would not even hold he Do Not Disturb Magnet.   It would slide down the wall but connected well to the back of the door.  

I didn't have a heavy magnet to try hanging anything on it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

2019 Summit stateroom 7020 (packing). 

Curious looking at your picture -   during revolution did they change the wall panels to the driftwood colored walls.    I believe that is what made them not very happy with magnets?  In your picture the walls look like the older white.

image.png.af777c42fd139ee2e40a243bdd1850f4.png

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious looking at your picture -   during revolution did they change the wall panels to the driftwood colored walls.    I believe that is what made them not very happy with magnets?  In your picture the walls look like the older white.

Yes, but not all walls. Agree the magnet's wouldn't work on the drift wood colored walls only on the older white walls. 

459_Moment.jpg

376_Moment.jpg

Edited by davekathy

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

That may be the reason that some report Magnets working while others aren't successful.  We learn new stuff every day here on CC.

Agree. I would wager to say all the stateroom ceilings are the same and the magnets work on them also.

4 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

I purchased and used an over-the-door hanger with two prongs and placed it on the framing structure aroud the drawers and cabinets. Great for holding totes, pursses, cameras, jackets, etc.

Great idea.   I had a couple magnets I used in the past for golf hats.  

• Like 1

Just got off the summit on Sunday and used heavy duty hook magnets and they worked fine cabin 8086. They work on the cream color walls but I did notice that you have to move them around on the wall a bit as some parts of the wall don’t hold as well as other parts. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Glad I found this topic.  

Going on Summit in an Aqua Class Balcony and was not certain that the magnetic hooks would stick to the wall or not.  Sounds like chances are very good they won't, but I'll bring the hooks anyway.

• Like 1

In AQ chances are very good they will.  It's the suites that are the issue.   You can always use them on the ceiling.   We use them to hang robes and they work much better (don't slide down the wall) when used on the ceiling.   Was in a SS 2 weeks ago and didn't work on walls but ceiling was fine.

• Like 2