Canaletto sharing

Bea3

The Canaletto menu says best enjoyed when shared and there is no mention of an additional charge for an additional entree. Does that mean a group can get a couple extra entrees to share around the table at no charge? 

9 minutes ago, Bea3 said:

The Canaletto menu says best enjoyed when shared and there is no mention of an additional charge for an additional entree. Does that mean a group can get a couple extra entrees to share around the table at no charge? 

In 2019 we were able to get extra entries at no extra charge to share with our table and they were delicious.  Enjoy!!

Edited by doone

There’s not many dishes that my husband and I would share. Will they prepare smaller portions if requested? Does anyone have photos of their meals? Someone recently shared a picture of their antipasto plate, and it looked good.

2 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

There’s not many dishes that my husband and I would share. Will they prepare smaller portions if requested? Does anyone have photos of their meals? Someone recently shared a picture of their antipasto plate, and it looked good.

Most of the shares are appetizers, antipastos and salads.  Yes, all are available as individual plates and you can always ask for a smaller entree portion. 

• Like 1

The portions are huge and I always order half portions.  I don't know how much other people can eat, but that's more than enough for me. But, I do see people eat ALOT on cruise ships and I'm glad we don't love food that much.  Hah!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, albingirl said:

The portions are huge and I always order half portions.  I don't know how much other people can eat, but that's more than enough for me. But, I do see people eat ALOT on cruise ships and I'm glad we don't love food that much.  Hah!

Yes some of the portions are large but not all.  I’ve had fish many times and that is not a huge portion.  I eat pretty sensibly during the day.  When I hear of the burgers, fries, cookies and sweets that people eat during the day I don’t know how anyone can eat supper after that. I don’t eat like that so tend to have bigger meals at dinner. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes some of the portions are large but not all.  I’ve had fish many times and that is not a huge portion.  I eat pretty sensibly during the day.  When I hear of the burgers, fries, cookies and sweets that people eat during the day I don’t know how anyone can eat supper after that. I don’t eat like that so tend to have bigger meals at dinner. 

I agree. The pasta dishes seem to be large but we usually opt for the veal dishes which tend to be reasonable and close to the sizes of the normal MDR entree. The lasagna is gigantic and enough for a family 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I agree. The pasta dishes seem to be large but we usually opt for the veal dishes which tend to be reasonable and close to the sizes of the normal MDR entree. The lasagna is gigantic and enough for a family 😀

I don't think I've ever had pasta there so I wouldn't know.  I usually do the fish because I feel hal does fish really well for the most part.  I do have osso bucco special from time to time and that is large.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 7:41 PM, crystalspin said:

May I say two words: Gnocchi and Shortribs.

And if anyone wants to tell me either are no longer available: Please don't! I would rather live in my little dream world.

My favorite is the Gnocchi and shortribs. Second is the crab risotto 

PXL_20210927_041702379.jpg

PXL_20210927_034711830.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Red Hat Cruise Cat said:

Are multiple Small  and Large Plates  and multiple desserts included in the additional cost surcharge?

No extra charges in the Canaletto.  Just order what you want off the menu.  IMHO the large plates will feed two people but you can request half portions.

I did see a mother and daughter order numerous small plates and desserts while just sampling most of them.  Here is the latest menu:  Canaletto Menu

I ordered a half portion of chicken parmesan and it was the perfect size for me. My stepfather wanted the veal meatballs as an entree, but it was an appetizer. The waitress brought him an entree size portion. All our food was delicious and the service was great. I like the fact that the daily specials are posted on the wall outside the 

restaurant.  

• Like 3

I believe the shared intention is each person orders an entre and its brought out on "serving" plates instead of to an individual. We did that in July but we did individual ordering last week. Word of caution, Pinnacle Grill just started imposing a surcharge on extra appetizers (Rotterdam) unless one of your appetizers is in place of entre. Hopefully the other dining venues don't follow protocol. 

I had the short ribs and gnocchi on the  Nieuw Amsterdam a few weeks ago - always delicious but a lot of food after appetizers and bread. I think I will order a half portion on the Rotterdam at the end of this month. Thanks for the suggestion.

DH and I often share the antipasto appetizer. When eating at a specialty restaurant we have breakfast, but no lunch so we bring our appetites to them and enjoy the food. Some of the selections can be too much, like at the Pinnacle Grill. Wish some of their steaks were smaller.