Internet question

plucasana

I do not understand: who decides what package I get?

It says: Suites get

Complimentary Internet minutes (240 minutes or up to a 100% off the unlimited internet package) per guest

If it was the guest's decision - who would chose 240 minutes and not the unlimited? There must be something I am missing here???

tia!

the up to 100% off is dependent on your Circle Membership status, if Discoverer or above then indeed the 100% would apply in a CC suite

If someone has no status they would get 50% off the voyage fee ($19.95 per day) and may just decide to use the included minutes rather than pay the other 50%

You will choose when you first log your device on whether to take the included minutes or full voyage (if the latter, the second screen will show the adjusted cost)

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, plucasana said:

If it was the guest's decision - who would chose 240 minutes and not the unlimited? 

Thank you for asking the question!  And the explanation that Scots Caz gave clarifies the question for those who are not loyalty members.  

However, the Circle combined benefits chart has the same wording (this for CC suites at Discoverer level): 

100% towards a full voyage unlimited package
or
330 free Wi-Fi minutes

Since the chart defines the loyalty level and the cabin type, why would anyone opt for the limited number of minutes vs 100%?  Or can the limited minutes be split between devices?

17 minutes ago, harrodsfan said:

The internet is pretty bad no matter what you do. Don’t expect too much of it. 

Depends where you are. In Norway it’s pretty much non-existent for part of the cruise due to the topography of the land, in other areas it’s mixed - goes from poor to reasonable - certainly never fast. That’s why it’s worth buying a full cruise package - otherwise you take up precious minutes logging on and off.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 5:46 PM, LoneMoose said:

However, the Circle combined benefits chart has the same wording (this for CC suites at Discoverer level): 

100% towards a full voyage unlimited package
or
330 free Wi-Fi minutes

yes and: I still don't understand why they would chose this cryptic wording.

the explanation given by @Scots Caz seems perfect in case of the CC Suites (where one gets 50% off or 240 minutes) but for the Owner's Suite they write 240 minutes or 100% off - that is just confusing.

Does this apply to both pax in the cabin or just for one?

Edited by plucasana

10 minutes ago, plucasana said:

yes and: I still don't understand why they would chose this cryptic wording.

the explanation given by @Scots Caz seems perfect in case of the CC Suites (where one gets 50% off or 240 minutes) but for the Owner's Suite they write 240 minutes or 100% off - that is just confusing.

Does this apply to both pax in the cabin or just for one?

Both, that’s how it’s been for our last 3 cruises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

In some places it has been really good, recently! It depends on the ship and the area. 

B4B48617-1760-4C2A-A6CF-F0E927558AB9.jpeg

This is really good to see. I've been keeping an eye on posts about Onward's wifi speed. I understand one of the other ships (Quest?) is having the same system installed too. Game changer as far as onboard internet is concerned. 

Phil 

• Like 3

EDITED - I JUST SIGNED ONTO MY AZAMARA ACCOUNT AND IT SAYS I AM "DISCOVERER WITH 660 POINTS (FROM CELEBRITY).  

I have read through this, and I am still confused.

When I board the Journey for my first cruise I am guessing that this means that I can upgrade to Unlimited WiFi for zero dollars.

This makes me happy.

Edited by Heartfelttraveler
  • Like 2

Are you in a suite? Combinable benefits would mean upgrade for free to unlimited for Discoverer in suite, 75% discount if in Veranda Plus or 50% discount for other cabin types

BUT....

It would be nice if it happens however the status/points may disappear before your cruise. It may be that it will not be till the website change next month that things will update (or it could be delayed further and still shows status at the time of your cruise) 

from the transition FAQs on website

• As a Captain's Club member, will I continue having status and points with Azamara if I have only ever sailed with Celebrity?

Yes. Celebrity past guests will continue to have status points with Azamara if they only sailed with Celebrity until February 1, 2023.

After February 1, 2023, Celebrity Cruises-acquired points will only be protected and transferred to our new program if you have sailed on and completed a sailing with Azamara by that date.

5 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

EDITED - I JUST SIGNED ONTO MY AZAMARA ACCOUNT AND IT SAYS I AM "DISCOVERER WITH 660 POINTS (FROM CELEBRITY).  

I have read through this, and I am still confused.

When I board the Journey for my first cruise I am guessing that this means that I can upgrade to Unlimited WiFi for zero dollars.

This makes me happy.

I'm glad for you.  Hope this means they are granting some grace period.  But as @Scots Caz noted above, be prepared for it to evaporate then the website split fully kicks in.  😞

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 3:38 PM, BuddyR said:

So, exactly how does the full-voyage benefit work for Discoverer Plus in a regular cabin…not a suite or veranda plus?  Do I get 75% off the daily rate?

We got 75% off the package rate.  I opted to only do the end of the cruise though. 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

7 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

Are you in a suite? Combinable benefits would mean upgrade for free to unlimited for Discoverer in suite, 75% discount if in Veranda Plus or 50% discount for other cabin types

BUT....

It would be nice if it happens however the status/points may disappear before your cruise. It may be that it will not be till the website change next month that things will update (or it could be delayed further and still shows status at the time of your cruise) 

from the transition FAQs on website

• As a Captain's Club member, will I continue having status and points with Azamara if I have only ever sailed with Celebrity?

Yes. Celebrity past guests will continue to have status points with Azamara if they only sailed with Celebrity until February 1, 2023.

After February 1, 2023, Celebrity Cruises-acquired points will only be protected and transferred to our new program if you have sailed on and completed a sailing with Azamara by that date.

I saw that on the website.  It is February 19.  That is why I am confused.

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Maybe it got held up by the overall website delay:

They were careful with their wording "Celebrity Cruises-acquired points will only be protected and transferred to our new program ..."

You're assuming the new program kicks in on 1 Feb.  It doesn't actually say that.  All it says is that 1 Feb is the cut-off, and that to get any points carried into the new program you have to have at least one Azamara sailing by that date.

Edited by fruitmachine

On 2/19/2023 at 9:17 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

This is really good to see. I've been keeping an eye on posts about Onward's wifi speed. I understand one of the other ships (Quest?) is having the same system installed too. Game changer as far as onboard internet is concerned. 

Phil 

Ryszard said that Starlink is going in on Quest during the current voyage, Fremantle to Hong Kong.

Trish

• Like 3

On 2/18/2023 at 10:17 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Hi Phil

Do you happen to know when Quest is being upgraded with the new system? We board  on March 19th in Japan.

Hope you are well, fabulous to hear your news 🥰

Vicki

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

Do you happen to know when Quest is being upgraded with the new system? 

post directly above yours

On 2/21/2023 at 9:45 PM, Baynanno1 said:

Ryszard said that Starlink is going in on Quest during the current voyage, Fremantle to Hong Kong.

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 1

My wife and I are currently on the Onward voyage from Lima, Peru to Miami that began on February 12. I have to say that the internet speed is the best I have encountered on any prior cruise with any cruise line. 

2 minutes ago, PaulS said:

My wife and I are currently on the Onward voyage from Lima, Peru to Miami that began on February 12. I have to say that the internet speed is the best I have encountered on any prior cruise with any cruise line. 

great to hear, board next week for a B2B.....It is only because they have upgraded that I booked the transatlantic part...would not have done if old system (they were cabling during my December cruise so not experienced it yet)