Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Wasn’t icon supposed to be a hydrogen full cell ?

That would be the only practical fuel unless they had a battery pack for entering the fjords.

Imagine the size of the battery!
Anyway, better get back on topic…. Looks like no third ship for Australia.  Royal is annoyed with the NSW government over the lack of progress on a third terminal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Wasn’t icon supposed to be a hydrogen full cell ?

That would be the only practical fuel unless they had a battery pack for entering the fjords.

No, just LNG.

Fuel cells are a long way off from practicality at a larger scale. Viking has them on some new ships, but will be used in limited manners (like the fjords). MSC has a couple larger ships with H fuel cells, but will only be able to use them in ports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Imagine the size of the battery!
Anyway, better get back on topic…. Looks like no third ship for Australia.  Royal is annoyed with the NSW government over the lack of progress on a third terminal.  

I knew that ,NSW government is pretty over stretched.

Thats why I thought Melbourne was a possibility.

I was reading an article the other day about Lelepa, it was only third hand but it quoted Royal as saying it will be serviced from Australia and New Zealand ??

I will try to find it but it was a bit vague though.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Have you looked at the rates Royal Is currently requesting for Northern Europe 2023 and 2024? This is much more than any US (Caribbean, Alaska or Northeast) deployment can bring into their pocket. Yes Baltic season 2022 was very poor with the first time a big ship was based in Copenhagen but the market is back to normal now and other cruise lines from the US and Europe fill big and new ships in the Baltic. 

I had been looking for a short cruise from Europe for early Summer 24 with a Chum for her 1st cruise.

2 nights on Anthem May 24 was £569 pps for an inside with fees, no grats, no drinks.

3 nights on MSC Virtuosa was £449 pps for an inside with fees, and grats and drinks and status match for me.

Sorry RCI but you priced yourself out here! 

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I knew that ,NSW government is pretty over stretched.

Thats why I thought Melbourne was a possibility.

I was reading an article the other day about Lelepa, it was only third hand but it quoted Royal as saying it will be serviced from Australia and New Zealand ??

I will try to find it but it was a bit vague though.

D1CD848C-5B57-404E-B270-8D56DFE22FEB.thumb.png.13f3d6b8727b72623b27e06f3b1dc4eb.png

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

No, just LNG.

Fuel cells are a long way off from practicality at a larger scale. Viking has them on some new ships, but will be used in limited manners (like the fjords). MSC has a couple larger ships with H fuel cells, but will only be able to use them in ports.

Hurtigruten ships can run on battery in the Fjords. Until this is possible gfor more ships LNG is accepted and many of the newer ships are now also equiped to run on external electricity in ports (e.g. Aida and TUI).

4 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I had been looking for a short cruise from Europe for early Summer 24 with a Chum for her 1st cruise.

2 nights on Anthem May 24 was £569 pps for an inside with fees, no grats, no drinks.

3 nights on MSC Virtuosa was £449 pps for an inside with fees, and grats and drinks and status match for me.

Sorry RCI but you priced yourself out here! 

Agree prices for next year are way more expensive from Southampton than previous years. Norwegian Fjords are over £1000 pp for inside cabin, 7 days. I wonder if it's because of their new promotion, 3rd and 4th person in a cabin for £129. May be pushing up the base fare.  

8 hours ago, Ulsteinvik said:

Jewel of the Seas disappeared also from Reykjaviks cruise list on August 2024. Only the 2 calls in May and June remain. So I expect a shorter Northern Europe season for Jewel, last planned cruise could be the 11 night British Isles cruise on 18 July 2024 before heading to the Med.

Then Utopia will do a short Northern Europe season in 2024 from Rotterdam or Southampton with limited port options.

• Like 1

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

I wanted to move an Iceland cruise we have booked from Amsterdam this year to next because we need to stick to Southampton departures this year for various reasons.

But the same cruise for next year is 50% more expensive and I  have only one chance to modify this booking so I am hoping next years prices will drop soon as I need to swap to a new cruise within 6 weeks .

I couldn't justify paying over £3000 pp for a 12 night cruise in a standard balcony.

Still intrigued that we are getting Grandeur here in Boston. Because I was curious, I tried to see where she will be cruising before coming here, and it looks like it is Tampa just like Serenade this year. I wonder if they are planning to do a 12 night Tampa to Boston repositioning on Grandeur. I am booked on Serenade's repositioning this September and I'm very excited. If a similar cruise is offered again next year, it will definitely be worth a look. Excited to see the full itineraries when they are released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gallagher123123 said:

Still intrigued that we are getting Grandeur here in Boston. Because I was curious, I tried to see where she will be cruising before coming here, and it looks like it is Tampa just like Serenade this year. I wonder if they are planning to do a 12 night Tampa to Boston repositioning on Grandeur. I am booked on Serenade's repositioning this September and I'm very excited. If a similar cruise is offered again next year, it will definitely be worth a look. Excited to see the full itineraries when they are released.

That's a nice itinerary.

Vision is doing a similar one out of Fort Lauderdale up to Baltimore this coming May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gallagher123123 said:

I am on the Serenade Repo this year too and looking forward to some new ports for me. 

I too will be interesred to see if Grandeur does the same although Oasis and Liberty are non revenue when they sail up North

On 2/17/2023 at 7:41 AM, TravelTonic said:

Today I booked a GS on the 7night Cabo, Vallarta, Mazatlán 4/18/2025 Navigator sailing for $2,658.12 (2person).  Strange enough the GS1BR is listed for 1,186pp, standard balcony 1,155pp, GS2BR $1,506pp, JR Suite $1,883pp.

Seems like some sort of mess up (on RCL's part) on a bunch of those Navigator sailings - particularly the 2025 listings that are recently listed.

Looks like Royal Caribbean caught the glitch. GS for early 2025 is $3500+ a piece.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

Looks like Royal Caribbean caught the glitch. GS for early 2025 is $3500+ a piece.

Phew!  I’m pretty pleased with the price we got on that one.  Once in a great while my obsessive nature of checking the latest cruise releases pays off.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

Yeah at one point yesterday Suites on all Navigator sailings were showing Sold Out. About 7-8yrs ago Royal did an Oops like this and when they caught it they gave everyone a choice, Pay higher the correct Rate or Cancel. Doubt happen this time

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah at one point yesterday Suites on all Navigator sailings were showing Sold Out. About 7-8yrs ago Royal did an Oops like this and when they caught it they gave everyone a choice, Pay higher the correct Rate or Cancel. Doubt happen this time

I sure hope that doesn't happen.  We booked four side-by-side rooms.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, hope not.  Booked the 2 bdrm GS for less than a spacious ov balcony.   Was surprised but not giving them more money.  They took my deposit. 

The Royal Caribbean Blog (royalcaribbeanblog.com) posted an article with short Caribbean/Bahamas sailings.  

There have been lots of questions on what ship would be sailing the 3 and 4 nighters to Coco Cay and Nassau.  This post confirms that Allure of the Seas will sail this itinerary from late April 2024 through through the end of January 2025.  I don't see any sailings from Feb. through April.  2025.  I wonder when RCI will post these cruises or if another ship will be sailing this itinerary.