Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

Just now, Niquein99 said:

I haven't read through the whole thread because there's so many pages, but does anyone know where Symphony of the Seas will be in Winter 2024/2025?

Based on last week's test load, it looks like Symphony is going to be doing 7-night cruises out of Miami. I can't remember which day of the week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toad455 said:

Waiting on the Odyssey sailings out of Cape Liberty for the Winter 2024-25 season.

Is this confirmed? Hopefully not!!!!

For colder season Anthem with indoor pool and solarium is perfect!

On Odyssey families won't have own pools (kids will be in Solarium)... and because covered area won't be next to Solarium it will be colder in Solarium. 😞

We need Quantum, Spectrum, Ovation ... or Anthem.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Lots of port bookings for Odyssey referencing homeporting in Cape Liberty and also appeared in test loads last week. It looks to be pretty much confirmed, just waiting for the official release any day now.

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tatka said:

On Odyssey families won't have own pools (kids will be in Solarium)... and because covered area won't be next to Solarium it will be colder in Solarium. 😞

Yes it is confirmed 

• Like 2

@Ourusualbeach

Question for you.  I am looking to book a cruise this week (Odyssey baby!).  I have a Next Cruise certificate that was purchased on 12/25/2022.  I have 2 months to use it and receive some OBC.  Do I have to use it by 2/25/2022 or 60 days from 12/25/2022?

Edited by soremekun

40 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I hope they keep the Solarium as adults (16+) only.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, soremekun said:

@Ourusualbeach

Question for you.  I am looking to book a cruise this week (Odyssey baby!).  I have a Next Cruise certificate that was purchased on 12/25/2022.  I have 2 months to use it and receive some OBC.  Do I have to use it by 2/25/2022 or 60 days from 12/25/2022?

The certificate clearly states 2 months and not 60 days

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Tatka said:

The only downfall would be not having an indoor pool. The SeaPlex on Odyssey has Playmakers and they don't have the four separate main dining rooms. Odyssey also has the Lime & Coconut/El Loco Fresh. 

18 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I hope they keep the Solarium as adults (16+) only.  

Yes!!!

But even then... air in solarium will be colder. When you go through Indoor pool closer to outdoor area it feels.

Just now, toad455 said:

The only downfall would be not having an indoor pool. The SeaPlex on Odyssey has Playmakers and they don't have the four separate main dining rooms. Odyssey also has the Lime & Coconut/El Loco Fresh. 

It will be felt during Thanksgiving, Christmas cruises as well as February vacation.

I do not have kids, but after 9 times on Anthem I can predict effect.

Also on colder days we used to come up to warm Indoor pool area, grab towels and go into Solarium... now it will be cold walk.

5 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Then where will the children be able to swim???

In one of the two outdoor pools, once you get far enough south where it's warmer?  The solarium 'pool' is more of a 'stand and chat while holding a cocktail' sort of a pool'. 

I'm guessing they 'might' have a certain time of day when kids can go in there, like on some of the ships with only outdoor pools on an Alaska sailing.  But many adults see the solarium as their space--their own 'Adventure Ocean'--and wouldn't be happy if it turned into a giant kiddie pool area.  

Edited by rockmom

14 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Then where will the children be able to swim???

When in warmer climates I guess. That's why I think Anthem or similar should have stayed. I do not have children, but I see some issues what 1300+ kids won't have indoor pool during colder days

This is how Solarium pool looks

Solarium - Picture of Anthem of the Seas, World - Tripadvisor

13 minutes ago, rockmom said:

In one of the two outdoor pools, once you get far enough south where it's warmer?  The solarium 'pool' is more of a 'stand and chat while holding a cocktail' sort of a pool'. 

I'm guessing they 'might' have a certain time of day when kids can go in there, like on some of the ships with only outdoor pools on an Alaska sailing.  But many adults see the solarium as their space--their own 'Adventure Ocean'--and wouldn't be happy if it turned into a giant kiddie pool area.  

Exactly. Many sail due to this amazing Solarium...

I am looking for the Odyssey sailings...but more importantly our group is looking for a round trip from Cape Liberty to Greenland in 2024. There is one sailing on September 14, 2023 on the Jewel out of Cape Liberty to Greenland for 14 days.

Would anyone know which deployment release date Greenland would be under? I haven't seen any information on another 14 Day.

Also would love to see, like there used to be, longer Caribbean sailings out of Cape Liberty in October and November. Our group of friends always booked those. Now they only seem to be available in January and February.

50 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Well, I see some pissed off people on this cruise.. either parents who have no where to bring their kids to swim, or the adults who have an issue with kids in "their space" for half of this cruise.. No thanks..

Just now, Scoobydobe7 said:

Well, I see some pissed off people on this cruise.. either parents who have no where to bring their kids to swim, or the adults who have an issue with kids in "their space" for half of this cruise.. No thanks..

Explorer, which does not even have one indoor pool, sailed from Cape Liberty for many years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

My plan had been to do a January 2025 longer sailing out of NJ when they usually have itineraries down to eastern/southern Caribbean.  No longer my plan for this exact reason. I've sailed on Odyssey, and really enjoyed it, especially the solarium. I don't want to share that space with a bazillion kids.  I have kids and grandkids that I love dearly, but I look forward to the solarium on pretty much every ship since it tends to be a much more peaceful place.  So now I have a new plan, we'll see what shows up in the releases this week.