Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

I would actually rather not have Utopia in PC.

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Come on  give us a voyager class in Australia,don’t be so greedy,my favourite ship 

I would rather not have Utopia here in PC...you can have her if you would like.  😉 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I know we have thrown this idea around on the ANZ forum but ?

What if Anthem goes to Los Angeles for the northern winter and does Alaska during the summer?

That would give 3 Quantum class in Alaska, the big cash cow $$$

Navigator could do a trans pacific to Australia October to March and return to Los Angeles to replace Anthem.

sounds good to me.   

14 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Yup, looks like alternating 3 and 4 night nassau and coco cay cruises for Utopia, as expected. Nice catch. How'd you find the link?

just in time for Nassau's new RCI beach club too.   Imagine getting to do Coco Cay and the new beach club on sa,e cruise.

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Come on  give us a voyager class in Australia,don’t be so greedy,my favourite ship 

"Greedy" We've waited much to long to get Navigator here. Not interested at all in Anthem.

😀🙃😘

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

I would actually rather not have Utopia in PC.

I would rather not have Utopia here in PC...you can have her if you would like.  😉

Just curious, why don't you want it here? I don't expect you to be going on short cruises, so what is your reasoning? Just making the port and Terminal 1 more crowded?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just curious, why don't you want it here? I don't expect you to be going on short cruises, so what is your reasoning? Just making the port and Terminal 1 more crowded?

If she is thinking like me I dont want another brand new expensive ship out of PC. I'd like something low $$$$. So I can stay on longer without guilt. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If she is thinking like me I dont want another brand new expensive ship out of PC. I'd like something low $$$$. So I can stay on longer without guilt. 

I only asked b/c knowing her a bit, she's more likely to spend 3-4 weeks on Wonder (which I know she already did) than go near a 3 or 4-night cruise.

I'm with you except that the prices for Indy are already high for the 3/4 cruises and if Utopia wasn't coming, I think we'd just have kept Allure that will be doing them for a little while. Would Allure be cheaper than Utopia? Probably, but I'm not sure by how much. I guess my general feeling is that the short cruise prices are going to be pretty awful no matter what going forward. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Those aren't our typical cruises either but we did a few on Indy back in July and October just b/c of the price at the time. And one was a 3/4 B2B just to spend time on the ship and go to Cococay twice b/c we love it there.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yup, but mostly parking at the terminal.   😮  They are already having problems even getting pax to be able to use the parking outside, let alone inside the garage.  Even the "grass" parking is getting full.  When we arrive for Wonder, the parking pax from Utopia will already be settled in.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I only asked b/c knowing her a bit, she's more likely to spend 3-4 weeks on Wonder (which I know she already did) than go near a 3 or 4-night cruise.

I'm with you except that the prices for Indy are already high for the 3/4 cruises and if Utopia wasn't coming, I think we'd just have kept Allure that will be doing them for a little while. Would Allure be cheaper than Utopia? Probably, but I'm not sure by how much. I guess my general feeling is that the short cruise prices are going to be pretty awful no matter what going forward. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Those aren't our typical cruises either but we did a few on Indy back in July and October just b/c of the price at the time. And one was a 3/4 B2B just to spend time on the ship and go to Cococay twice b/c we love it there.

Yup, no way I would consider a 3/4 night cruise. Geezz...even a one week is too short for us.   I do have a one week Wonder coming up next spring...but that is just using up a freebie cruise.  😉 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, but mostly parking at the terminal.   😮  They are already having problems even getting pax to be able to use the parking outside, let alone inside the garage.  Even the "grass" parking is getting full.  When we arrive for Wonder, the parking pax from Utopia will already be settled in.  

Took a friend up to Seaside a few days ago.  The drop off and parking at T6 (Seaside) and T10 (Getaway) was a mess.  In 30 minutes we went 100' at best.   Ended up dropping him at the empty T5 drop off and he walked over from there. 

The days of driving to the port are over for me.  Rideshare all the time now.   

MCO isn't any better.  All parking is routinely full.  

I don't know what it is or where everyone is going but everyone is going somewhere.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Took a friend up to Seaside a few days ago.  The drop off and parking at T6 (Seaside) and T10 (Getaway) was a mess.  In 30 minutes we went 100' at best.   Ended up dropping him at the empty T5 drop off and he walked over from there. 

The days of driving to the port are over for me.  Rideshare all the time now.   

MCO isn't any better.  All parking is routinely full.  

I don't know what it is or where everyone is going but everyone is going somewhere.  

I hear ya.   We have a local shuttle service we use to take us to MCO.   She lives in our community and is very reliable.  No way want to deal with parking there any longer, and have done the shuttle ride for years now.  

Parking at T#1, arriving very early to drop bags, park and walk over to Grills for those Bloody Marys...makes it worth the effort now.  😄 

So, is it a done deal we are getting Utopia here at PC I assume?  

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I hear ya.   We have a local shuttle service we use to take us to MCO.   She lives in our community and is very reliable.  No way want to deal with parking there any longer, and have done the shuttle ride for years now.  

Parking at T#1, arriving very early to drop bags, park and walk over to Grills for those Bloody Marys...makes it worth the effort now.  😄 

So, is it a done deal we are getting Utopia here at PC I assume?  

Nothing is official until it's announced, but if I were a gambling man, I wouldn't put my money anywhere other than PCN.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Nothing is official until it's announced, but if I were a gambling man, I wouldn't put my money anywhere other than PCN.

If she wasn't coming to PC they certainly wouldn't have moved Allure out and left no ships doing the 3/4 day sailings.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You can take a Voyager class ship from Florida. Don't take the only Royal ship on the west coast! 😂

4 minutes ago, eel said:

You can take a Voyager class ship from Florida. Don't take the only Royal ship on the west coast! 😂

It would only be for 6 months of the year and you could have Anthem for that 6 month.

We in Australia are pretty sick of Quantum class , just something different.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

The port authority is actively working on that issue. They are adding a whole new lot with new spaces across the street from CT-1 before Allure arrives in the fall. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

PCV 😉

pcv.JPG.35a9e6b0e858c1d4c8b46ff093b948c0.JPG

21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I know we have thrown this idea around on the ANZ forum but ?

What if Anthem goes to Los Angeles for the northern winter and does Alaska during the summer?

That would give 3 Quantum class in Alaska, the big cash cow $$$

Navigator could do a trans pacific to Australia October to March and return to Los Angeles to replace Anthem.

I think Miami is probably just making the deployment up on the go for Anthem.  

10 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I think Miami is probably just making the deployment up on the go for Anthem.  

Yep ,probably the same as Lelepa no real plans ,no real idea.

But L.A for Anthem does have its merits. Another Quantum ,more capacity for Alaska and something a bit better to compete with carnival in L.A. 
Maybe Navigator to Melbourne, for our season ,there plenty of port bookings available and it’s just as big as Sydney now.

Not sure if Anthem has shore power capability required for California CARB regulations. 

The problem with 3 Q class in Alaska is that they have to use Seattle as the home port which limits itineraries and potential embarkation day of the week.  Seattle is a busy home port in the summer for multiple cruise lines with limited berths.  

Radiance class uses Vancouver and the BC Inside Passage, another waterway off limits to Q class due to power line height restrictions.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Radiance class uses Vancouver and the BC Inside Passage, another waterway off limits to Q class due to power line height restrictions.

Do they get exemptions, they said on board Ovation last week that she would be doing the inside passage from Vancouver on her first Alaska sailing of the season.  Vancouver to Seattle. 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Not sure if Anthem has shore power capability required for California CARB regulations. 

The problem with 3 Q class in Alaska is that they have to use Seattle as the home port which limits itineraries and potential embarkation day of the week.  Seattle is a busy home port in the summer for multiple cruise lines with limited berths.  

I haven’t thought about shore power but isn’t up for a dry dock.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Do they get exemptions, they said on board Ovation last week that she would be doing the inside passage from Vancouver on her first Alaska sailing of the season.  Vancouver to Seattle. 

The power lines can't be raised but they are in the part of the BC Inside Passage North of Vancouver.

Most cruisers associate the BC Inside Passage as being the route North of Vancouver on the way to or from Alaska.    Large ships can't go this way so it's a good reason to book smaller ships like Radiance class from Vancouver. 

If you consider the lower part of the Strait Of Georgia and the Strait of Juan de Fuca where Victoria is located to be part of the Inside Passage you can argue that to get from Vancouver to Seattle you use the Inside Passage.  Anything between the mainland and Vancouver Island I guess is technically part of the Inside Passage.

C-MAP.com:

image.thumb.jpeg.81e9acacbc0da4affa66c203be267398.jpeg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I haven’t thought about shore power but isn’t up for a dry dock.

I think Anthem dry docked in 2020 just as the pandemic began.  I was supposed to be on the Anthem transatlantic to Europe right after sailing on Allure's TA to Spain but that was Spring 2020 right when the world went mad.  

Maybe they added shore power to Anthem in 2020.  I was surprised to see Radiance accept shore power in California a few weeks ago.  Who knew little old Radiance had shore power capability?  

Edited by twangster