Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

Somewhat related article with John Murray, CEO of Port Canaveral.

He talks about ships plugging into shore power and some of the challenges with that particularly for PCN.   Then he mentions the idea of plugging in an LNG ship into shore power and why that concept is strange since Florida's grid is only ~75% gas.  

So, we have 2 LNG ships out of our 13 at Port Canaveral. We will have another one coming in '25 that's already known, Disney Wish. Two others are coming that aren't already known. But they'll be LNG powered too.

Disney Wish and Mardi Gras are LNG powered. 

Two more are coming.   

One of those is probably another DCL new build that hasn't been named yet.  Maybe both of the future LNG ships are DCL new builds but that would place all DCL new builds into PCN.

Maybe one of the future LNG ships is from another line, like Royal.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/a-conversation-john-murray-ceo-and-director-of-port-canaveral

Edited by twangster

15 hours ago, springaussie said:

Anthem could do Tokyo or Hong Kong!

Another possibility is Australia if the Private Island opens late 2024.

Cancelling the home port for Wonder in Asia (which was built for the Asian market) is just one thing.   But we are happy to have her here in Port Canaveral now.  🙂 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Somewhat related article with John Murray, CEO of Port Canaveral.

He talks about ships plugging into shore power and some of the challenges with that particularly for PCN.   Then he mentions the idea of plugging in an LNG ship into shore power and why that concept is strange since Florida's grid is only ~75% gas.  

So, we have 2 LNG ships out of our 13 at Port Canaveral. We will have another one coming in '25 that's already known, Disney Wish. Two others are coming that aren't already known. But they'll be LNG powered too.

Disney Wish and Mardi Gras are LNG powered. 

Two more are coming.   

One of those is probably another DCL new build that hasn't been named yet.  Maybe both of the future LNG ships are DCL new builds but that would place all DCL new builds into PCN.

Maybe one of the future LNG ships is from another line, like Royal.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/a-conversation-john-murray-ceo-and-director-of-port-canaveral

Or from NCL, or from MSC…

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Cancelling the home port for Wonder in Asia (which was built for the Asian market) is just one thing.   But we are happy to have her here in Port Canaveral now.  🙂 

Remember Wonder was built with some Chinese money.

I would love to know what agreement Royal came up with the people or companies from China who provided the cash before Covid. 

52 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I would love to know what agreement Royal came up with the people or companies from China who provided the cash before Covid. 

RCI’s ships are usually financed via European banks. The ship may have been destined for China but pretty sure there was no direct Chinese financing involved. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, springaussie said:

It was built with German money (credits from Gernan banks and guarantees from German government) but not from China.

I did read years ago there was Chinese financial backing but if there was ,they are probably glad the money has moved out of china.

I’m not a commercial banker But looking at this the money came from everywhere and anywhere.

Wonder of the is owned by Wonder of the seas LLC .

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000088488722000028/a2022q2exhibit1028.htm

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I did read years ago there was Chinese financial backing but if there was ,they are probably glad the money has moved out of china.

I’m not a commercial banker But looking at this the money came from everywhere and anywhere.

Wonder of the is owned by Wonder of the seas LLC .

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000088488722000028/a2022q2exhibit1028.htm

Bank of Nova Scotia is Canadian.   This loan was their part of the debt they accumulated during the pandemic to stay afloat and it lists virtually every ship in the RCG fleet.  That's different from the financing used to do the initial new ship build.

Most ships are single LLCs.  This is used across the shipping industry, not just cruise ships.  It limits liability when major accidents occur.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, springaussie said:

Want to hazard a guess as to how much of the U.S. property is financed through China?  😉 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Want to hazard a guess as to how much of the U.S. property is financed through China?  😉 

They are currently holding more than $1 trillion of U.S. Treasury debt, for what that's worth...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

A rumour getting around about Utopia.

0321AFEE-9298-47BD-825A-38EC6D9FC6F0.thumb.png.d2130e5a2af4c837b6dbf13bafab6559.png

A rumor is right.  This person that posted that quote can't even get their facts straight. 🧐

Wonder is here in Port Canaveral...not Port Everglades.  We were on for her first entry into her new home port here while on her TA last fall coming from Barcelona.  Wonder will be here right on through 2025.  

I would not believe much of what cruiseexplorer posts.  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DrewFoundLander said:

Just an FYI incase anyone else was waiting. 22 night Serenade westbound TA for Aug 24 opened today, suites and balcony already sold out.

True, Bunch the smaller legs available on Royal now, Figure there isnt many Balcony/Suite Cabins and many sold on the longer World Cruise

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

True, Bunch the smaller legs available on Royal now, Figure there isnt many Balcony/Suite Cabins and many sold on the longer World Cruise

Looks like all Balcony/Suite sold out yesterday or early this morning.

I booked the first 1/4 leg (now a series of 3 legs) early in the morning the day they first came out.  Had next cruise on Odyssey watching it and immediately put a hold on balcony cabin for me at 2 am.    

Even at that early time...if you did not get in for whole cruise, (they delayed 1/4 leg bookings) all the suites from JS and up were sold out.  I have been stuck at balcony ever since.  Can't upgrade, nothing available.  

Not sure why anyone would think the suites would suddenly open up now.  

• Like 2