Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

When and where did they add dining tables to the CS suites on the Solstice class ships?   We had no table on the Silhouette, just a coffee table by the sofa in a very tight living room.   The bedroom fit little more than a bed.    The only nice thing is we had a suite on the slant so we had a large balcony.   The suites on that class of ship are small with no dining table.

Your correct.  After revolution they replaced with a cocktail table that raises to a dining table level. 

Thank.  I forgot about it

13 hours ago, mauimary said:

I love reading all your updates each day. Ollie’s Trolley was a fun tour when we did it. It was nice to be in the open air and Acadia is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful time. 

We are taking the 4 hour tour.  It gives you 30 minutes at each stop instead of 15 minutes 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Maine has the BEST blueberries!  They are small, but delicious!  Be sure to have a blueberry dessert, like blueberry pie…..it’s blueberry season there in August!  There should still be plenty.  West side cafe makes a good blueberry pie! 

I second the shore path walk, to the left as you exit the tender pier, if you have any time left over…..beautiful seaside mansions and homes looking out to Frenchman’s Bay.  Have fun in beautiful Bar Harbor….a place near and dear to my heart!  If you are adventurous or just a glutton for punishment, try the lobster ice cream at the Chocolate Emporium.

Will give a try. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

I remember seeing Ollie's Trolly when my husband/I visited Bar Harbor/Acadia over the years.  I hope you'll have beautiful weather.  The view from Cadillac Mtn. is amazing.  Maine blueberries is out of this world and if you like martinis... must try a blueberry martini/blueberry coffee.  There are plenty of restaurants along Main Street if y'all would like to get a bite to eat/drink. Don't forget lobstah! 🙂  

Can't wait to read about your day tomorrow!  

We have again been given a perfect day.  Just in case we brought puffers. A shop keeper told us it poured yesterday. 

• Like 1

Just now, venicecruiser said:

I really love seeing your photos!  That tub looks deadly - can't believe there are no grab bars.  Suite is beautiful, though.

Claudia

We had a friend, Sandy and Joe, that were in The CS on the first cruise.  The brought her a stool to help get in and out. 

Sandy. Iain said it’s is probably easier to go from a SS to a CS instead of the reverse like you. 

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Safe journey.  We had a fast walkout disembarkation.  US CBP was faster that we thought possible.  Staying in Maine for a week just north or Portland.   Wonder if our BnB owner will be doing trivia or cleaning our apartment each day.

If anyone if on Summit on deck 7 say hi to Savio from Susan and Joss

Will miss you.  Have a great stay in Boston.  So much to do. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your correct.  After revolution they replaced with a cocktail table that raises to a dining table level. 

Thank.  I forgot about it

Thanks. I was wondering where to have room service meals. Balcony has a table too.

Hi Jim,

I have been silent since my first post on page 1 post #2.   What are your plans when you visit my Island and Charlottetown? Do you guys have an excursion booked or are you just doing your own thing around my city?  

Regards,

Kevin Reid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FRMPEI said:

Hi Jim,

I have been silent since my first post on page 1 post #2.   What are your plans when you visit my Island and Charlottetown? Do you guys have an excursion booked or are you just doing your own thing around my city?  

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin.  I, of course, am not Jim, but will be boarding the Summit a week from Sunday and will get to spend two days in Charlottetown.  Do you have any suggestions in things to do/see, places to go/eat?

6 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Thanks. I was wondering where to have room service meals. Balcony has a table too.

I need to correct -- I just looked at this video.   I must be thinking of a different Cs.   As I recall when in the CS on Silhouette the butler setup breakfast on the cocktail table.   It definitely is  another Kelly Hooper failure

Apologies for the sim-information.   Trying to figure which room had the cantilevered cocktail table

4 hours ago, peanut head said:

When you get a chance, could you post a picture of the balcony?

Thanks.

It isn’t the biggest but originally the CS didn’t have a balcony and it was added as a retrofit. 

It wraps around is equal to 1/2 the width of the glass elevator o. The opposite side of the ship 

986F2FFA-1CFE-4AB1-971A-603843BF1D96.thumb.jpeg.b3049c3792a6f1753fc7c2037b8c121c.jpeg

8B5762A2-30CF-4B68-982D-DBB481AD4419.thumb.jpeg.10e608e7c9367a5f7d6f496e7aa10ca5.jpeg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I need to correct -- I just looked at this video.   I must be thinking of a different Cs.   As I recall when in the CS on Silhouette the butler setup breakfast on the cocktail table.   It definitely is  another Kelly Hooper failure

Apologies for the sim-information.   Trying to figure which room had the cantilevered cocktail table

Could it have been the sky suite? I have used one before, but can’t remember which ship. Maybe I’ll try a move up bid for a RS. That will give us a dining table AND a separate shower!