Check your reserved cabins often before departure

Jeeves299

18 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

The day they set aside the Iconic Suite for quarantine is the day I actively seek getting covid!

They will, exactly the day you make final payment on it!!! LOL

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Do I like how the OP planned to address his/her issues?  No.  But enough has been said about that.

I do think it is Celebrity's responsibility to notify passengers of changes before the sailing, so as to give them time to make a decision to cancel or try to negotiate another cabin.  It's unfortunate that people need to follow cruise boards like these to discover that if they are in a deck 3 or deck 6 cabin (or wherever else depending on the ship) that they may be moved due to quarantine rooms.  If this cabin was changed last minute due to an increase in Covid isolations on the prior cruise(s), then that's just bad luck, but should have been communicated nonetheless even if just a day or two before.  If it was changed some time ago then there is really no excuse for not notifying the passenger.

Travel Agent may have been notified.... and not passed it on.

bon voyage

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Okay, My bad for not recognizing this...

Yet, as a rite of passage on CC (... and I have been hazed here, too!!!), it just shows that often times some of us fail to peruse postings before posting and as such get 'caught' or called out on it all.

I Am sure you know that most of us will go out of our way to help someone who really has a challenge or issue of note with detailed information...

With some of the pejorative phrases, words and whatnot, most of us will likely not show mercy.

Additionally, being E+ AND with TA... Is this really the worst thing that could have derailed the OP's sailing??? Especially a rant such as it was unidentified as such? No request as to how to approach the situation, if it needed to be addressed either before, during or after the sailing???

As I have said before, were I to write what the OP wrote, PLEASE come after me with all brimstone and fire to get me back in line about priorities and principles....

bon voyage

Bo, with that friendly face of yours, even I wouldn’t try it.  I’m not even THAT jaded.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

FWIW....I also see the OP has posted his 'vent' on another thread, word for word, and I never found one reply that wasn't supportive.  Guess when you're actually 'in the soup' together your perspective differs.  Also, don't take my posts to mean I think I, or anyone, should "beat up" verbally on cruise staff or each other.  Wouldn't be my choice of words but when we explain things differently to each other, we sometimes take a different meaning from those words.

Even to the point of going to GS to escalate the complaint... (or something to this effect if not exactly quoted).

You are quite correct, at least one (1) poster was supportive of that move...

bon voyage

20 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Neither of those people on the ship was involved in any way with what happened.  Not sure what good beating up on them would do.

your cruise contract makes it pretty clear that they have the right to adjust the booking if needed.  

The contract does make it clear, however I think most people assume that if they book the same cabin for a B2B, they would be given the same cabin B2B if moved.  I would not be happy either. They could have been given some warning at the very least.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

……….Again, no one is saying that Celebrity is not at fault here....

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Especially when it is entirely possible that the TA received the info and forgot to forward it???

Then again, possibly not.

bon voyage

@mahdnc, you shouldn’t speak for all other posters….I think many don’t see Celebrity is ‘at fault’. @Bo1953 doesn’t appear to; I don’t think so and from the gist of most posts, I’d few do.

Cruse Lines cancel itineraries - mine was 2 weeks prior and the Viking forum explained how it wasn’t Viking’s fault or responsibility; Cruise Lines modify itineraries During a cruise; Cruise Line modify passengers’ reservations, ie SRs, and notify their TA which then could very well overlook it and doesn’t contact the passenger…..the Cruise Line Does Not contact the passenger directly in Many Cases when a TA is involved.

So yes, possible Celebrity messed up and didn't inform them of the change; but Just as possible they informed the TA who didnt catch it. Especially considering many who we call TAs are really just Booking Agents and do squat after getting the booking.

Enough. You do notice the OP hasn’t come back at all. Just a rant to then think Celebrity will give them more because they are complaining and getting all of us up in arms? 

Den

• Thanks 1

Actually, this exact scenario happened to me on reflection in February. I had back to back Cruises with the same cabin booked for both and when I checked in for  the first cruise in the terminal I found that the room had been changed.  My travel agent had not heard, I had not heard. My luggage tags were routing my bags the the room I had booked.  A quick trip to Guest Relations to explain the situation, a few minutes’ wait while they put in a call to Miami, and I had an identical move arranged for the second cruise so that I would once again be in the same room for both.  

It took a few minutes more to locate the luggage and have it placed at the new room.

No need to beat anyone up🥊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Actually, this exact scenario happened to me on reflection in February. I had back to back Cruises with the same cabin booked for both and when I checked in for  the first cruise in the terminal I found that the room had been changed.  My travel agent had not heard, I had not heard. My luggage tags were routing my bags the the room I had booked.  A quick trip to Guest Relations to explain the situation, a few minutes’ wait while they put in a call to Miami, and I had an identical move arranged for the second cruise so that I would once again be in the same room for both.  

It took a few minutes more to locate the luggage and have it placed at the new room.

No need to beat anyone up🥊

But you got the same room, right?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I am mostly ambidextrous but my sexuality is nobody’s business.

Wish I knew who/what a "Derek Zoolander, you're not an ambiturner" was.  Naive in some respects, but sounds interesting.

Edited by Oceangoer2
Google is my friend, but I'm no further ahead, especially with the ambiturner bit and is he a real person or a character in a Ben Stiller movie??

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I ended up in a new room which I was able to keep for both legs

Hope the OP sees your experience and realizes that you catch more flys with honey than with vinegar and decides not to beat up Guest Relations and the CC host/hostess.

36 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I wonder if people understand that not everything should be taken literally?  If you want better behavior from the OP, shouldn’t we model that ourselves?

I took the comment “beat up on” to mean “argue incessantly”, not resort to a fistfight. However, when choosing metaphors it’s wise to avoid those referencing physical violence given todays sensibilities. 

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

The OP didn't pose a question.  They  posted their experience, frustration and how they planned to deal with the situation once on the ship  which  many felt was inappropriate and misdirected.

When reading the title of the thread I’d say it was also posted as a warning or heads up. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

When reading the title of the thread I’d say it was also posted as a warning or heads up. 

I consider it a public service.  Because I’m bored, I’m going to make a list of every poster and any time they wrote something that was a joke or was exaggerated.  That should be a short list, amirite?  /s. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I consider it a public service.  Because I’m bored, I’m going to make a list of every poster and any time they wrote something that was a joke or was exaggerated.  That should be a short list, amirite?  /s. 

I'll save you the trouble of searching, just add me to your list 😀

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Wish I knew who/what a "Derek Zoolander, you're not an ambiturner" was.  Naive in some respects, but sounds interesting.

Poor attempt at humor...Ben Stiller movie called Zoolander from like 20 years ago.  He was a male model who could only turn one way on the catwalk (hence, not an ambiturner).  Akin to Zitsky's inability to 'go back'.  Even less funny now that I've explained it.  ;(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Maybe you can start a "how many times have you been sent to the naughty room" poll.  😨

• Haha 1

Without reading all of the responses thus far, I'm going to take a wild guess and repeat what I believe most people have said:  Yup, sucks that they moved you like that, and I'd be a little upset too, but why on earth would you go beating up on the guest services staff upon boarding?!  You're a guest with a legitimate beef, yes... but if you do that, it just makes you a guest with a legitimate beef who also happens to be a total  a-hole.  You ever hear the phrase "you can catch more flies with honey that you can with vinegar"?  Try applying that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1