Atlas bar cocktail menu

AJCM

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

Looks like the menu is quite Vodka heavy.  I’m a bourbon and tequila fan, so not very enthusiastic about the menu.

Maybe they can make you something special blending those two!  Kentucky Sunrise...

• Haha 2

On the Onward now & I've kept my eye on the Atlas Bar

Seems to have been fairly well used. Cocktails are very good.

I'm not sure the concept will work at all in the Den. Keep in mind it's a concept not just a bar. 

If you aren't interested in a nice cocktail bar or think it's just the drinks that matter I understand you will not agree with this

There is a quiet corner in the Living Room with a number of books. It is designed as separate to the rest. Fair to say just on my evidence in passing it has not really been used.

During the day given most people are off the ship it is very quiet

These are just my observations & of course others will differ.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:40 AM, boxman52 said:

On the Onward now & I've kept my eye on the Atlas Bar

Seems to have been fairly well used. Cocktails are very good.

I'm not sure the concept will work at all in the Den. Keep in mind it's a concept not just a bar. 

If you aren't interested in a nice cocktail bar or think it's just the drinks that matter I understand you will not agree with this

There is a quiet corner in the Living Room with a number of books. It is designed as separate to the rest. Fair to say just on my evidence in passing it has not really been used.

During the day given most people are off the ship it is very quiet

These are just my observations & of course others will differ.

Well said! 

My own view?  The Atlas Bar will be hugely expensive to retrofit so I don't see them happening on the Azamara ships that don't have them. Unless the extra revenue generated on Onward is huge. 

I do like the idea of offering Atlas items in the Den, but I really hope that the faffing around to prepare them doesn't impact the service there. It will be interesting to see. . 

Phil 

• Like 4

I believe (and have suggested it on board) that there is a place for the Library in its unaltered form as an evening venue serving coffees and after dinner drinks to guests who wish a quieter venue.  It needs one server accessing facilities in the speciality restaurant, that is all.  

I would also prefer if in the specialities the waiters offered guests an alternative choice - the more European approach by offering not to serve coffee or tea with the dessert but to do so after the meal and to allow tables to turn around to offer "tea or coffee in the Library"  And yes for additional revenue for those not on packages " and would you like a liquer or something else special with that".

I am sure many would love to end an evening in the specialities that way over a coffee/special drink and others wanting a quieter venue to sit and chat with others would gravitate to there after a dinner elsewhere.  

I hope Azamara hears and seriously considers this suggestion.

Edited by uktog
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, uktog said:

I believe (and have suggested it on board) that there is a place for the Library in its unaltered form as an evening venue serving coffees and after dinner drinks to guests who wish a quieter venue.  It needs one server accessing facilities in the speciality restaurant, that is all.  

I would also prefer if in the specialities the waiters offered guests an alternative choice - the more European approach by offering not to serve coffee or tea with the dessert but to do so after the meal and to allow tables to turn around to offer "tea or coffee in the Library"  And yes for additional revenue for those not on packages " and would you like a liquer or something else special with that".

I am sure many would love to end an evening in the specialities that way over a coffee/special drink and others wanting a quieter venue to sit and chat with others would gravitate to there after a dinner elsewhere.  

I hope Azamara hears and seriously considers this suggestion.

I like that suggestion !  Was it well received?

I don’t think the Atlas drinks are going to work, being served at Spirits in the Den, unless they add at least two more bartenders there during busy times.  The drinks are very time intensive compared to regular cocktails.  Huge backup last evening once the show let out.

• Like 2

Given that they were going to staff up a bar for Atlas, its unrealistic to test the concept with the existing staff.  Im sure they will work that out though and move the equivalent headcount to The Den - otherwise its a biased trial which is not valid

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If the business plan relied on profits from the Tapas, it is already clear that it will fail...

The Tapas did seem like an add on rather than a core strategy, given that the Atlas Bar is the ideal pre dinner venue for those dining in speciality restaurants it’s highly unlikely that anyone would want to spend on extra food beforehand.

• Like 7

How does asking for a change with the Atlas Cocktails from vodka to gin go down? 
Have employed mixologists in the past whom were a little too obsessed with their creations and refused to make substitutions without a few cross words.  Experienced the same in bars across the world.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RW75 said:

How does asking for a change with the Atlas Cocktails from vodka to gin go down? 
Have employed mixologists in the past whom were a little too obsessed with their creations and refused to make substitutions without a few cross words.  Experienced the same in bars across the world.

Wasn’t a problem on Onwards maiden, we changed a few and Artem was happy to do so. 
The menu is not limited to the specialty cocktails so anything is possible but it only stocks spirits from the Ultimate package and above.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2022 at 11:33 AM, Mackdogmolly said:

I think we are all accustomed to the free tapas in the Living Room, so why pay extra for appetizers in the Atlas Bar?

Actually no.  I guess I didn’t spend much time in the living room in the 60 days we were onboard.   Is it always/only  certain times?  

8 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Actually no.  I guess I didn’t spend much time in the living room in the 60 days we were onboard.   Is it always/only  certain times?  

They are from 1700-2000 and are lovely appetisers if you want that sort of thing. One day, having had an extensive and excellent lunch on a ships tour, they were all we ate that evening whilst listening to the band and watching a beautiful sunset. It was a perfect end to a memorable day 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, uktog said:

They are from 1700-2000 and are lovely appetisers if you want that sort of thing. One day, having had an extensive and excellent lunch on a ships tour, they were all we ate that evening whilst listening to the band and watching a beautiful sunset. It was a perfect end to a memorable day 

Thanks.  I remember Le Voyage parties up there and the band, but that was before the Living room, it seemed easier to maneuver around back then.