Any tips for sailing on Beyond

Harrisonkid

If you search the forum you'll find many threads on what to look for on E-Class ships. But a quick recap of the things that are not found on the other classes of Celebrity ships are:

*Eden Cafe for breakfast and lunch. The concept is sorta like a quick serve restaurant and is an alternative to the buffet, (Generally not open on port days). It's a limited menu for both meals but what they do serve is fresh and tasty. Of note is the brownies and cookies served during lunch that can only be found at the Eden Cafe and nowhere else on the ship.

*Eden nooks and crannies along the spiral. Critics of the E-Class ships seem to imply there's no quiet places to sit and read, nap, or be away from the crowds. That is so far from the truth by looking at the seating spaces that line the walking ramp in Eden. These spaces face Aft and look out at that amazing multistory window wall. 

• Like 2

From 2 EDGE cruises

Lunch at the Cafe/ Bistro..sorry for got the name. ( upcharge) 

Great views, ambiance,  menu,  food ( esp soups) ,  desserts,  service and wine.

Our go to lunch place if not going to Eden cafe.

Can also do take out for lunch ( upcharge)  rolls and pastries too.

Cruising on BEYOND in Nov..can't wait!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

All good suggestions from previous posters. I believe that hcat in post #4 is referring to Le Grand Bistro on deck 4. Also, if you're assigned to one of the four MDR's for your evening meals, try to have dinner in at least one other, they are all different and very nice. 

Overall, be prepared for a completely different presentation experience, inside and outside. The X Class ships are not just a slight deviation from those gone before. They are a close encounter of the third kind, modern and very avant-garde. Admittedly, designed and built to attract Gen-Xers and Millennials, as a pre-boomer I was very impressed and enjoyed my Edgier experience.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

Have dinner in Eden.

Not only this but also the complimentary cookies and brownies during lunch on sea days.  I'm fairly happy with food on X, except for the baked desserts including the awful chocolate chip cookies at the OV/MDR.  The Eden Cafe cookies and brownies are outstanding, even beat out Crystals.  Pic from another CC member:

Eden Cafe - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community

34 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

All good suggestions from previous posters. I believe that hcat in post #4 is referring to Le Grand Bistro on deck 4. Also, if you're assigned to one of the four MDR's for your evening meals, try to have dinner in at least one other, they are all different and very nice. 

Overall, be prepared for a completely different presentation experience, inside and outside. The X Class ships are not just a slight deviation from those gone before. They are a close encounter of the third kind, modern and very avant-garde. Admittedly, designed and built to attract Gen-Xers and Millennials, as a pre-boomer I was very impressed and enjoyed my Edgier experience.  

Thanks for  the assist.could not remember the Le Grand Bistro name.  On EDGE they also did le petit chef there at night..we did not go to that.

We fully  enjoyed all 4 mdrs but preferred the 2 smaller ones....Greek and Tuscan,

We preferred the 4 mdr plan to BLU on Edge...

I loved EDGE..so modern, great art collection, lots to do., EDEN is a great space, state of the art theater and fun at the Club.....not a youngster by any means so it's appeal is widespread! 

Preferred the  sunset balcony ( aft)  to the  infinite veranda, but it was ok.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Not only this but also the complimentary cookies and brownies during lunch on sea days.  I'm fairly happy with food on X, except for the baked desserts including the awful chocolate chip cookies at the OV/MDR.  The Eden Cafe cookies and brownies are outstanding, even beat out Crystals.  Pic from another CC member:

Eden Cafe - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community

We were on the Apex for 4 weeks.   We would visit the Eden Cafe for the Cookies and brownies and for lunch.    One day the cookies were different.   They either changed the chef or recipe. They were bad.  They weren’t even as good as those in Cafe al Bacio.   Everyone complained.   The workers weren’t very happy either.  A few days later they were back to their normal regular cookies.  

Incidents like that is why I hesitate on recommending something.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jwlane said:

Have dinner in Eden.

Another vote for dinner in Eden.  If you plan to do that, book it well in advance.  On the 14-night Apex TA last fall, many who waited to book once onboard never made it off the waitlist.   We also enjoyed lunch in Eden Cafe (not the same as the restaurant) and heard passengers who were coming by to check their status on the waitlist.  Granted they were only seating about 50-60% capacity in Eden, but we also only had 1200 passengers.  For our Beyond cruise, we currently have 2 nights booked in Eden.

Don’t miss Caravan in The Club.

Edited by bama4cruisin

Just a heads up on lunch at Le Grand Bistro, the service charge is now $30 plus $6 gratuity per person for lunch (at least on my January 2023 cruise); that seems pretty steep since you already paid for meals with your cruise. 

Also, I've been following the entertainment calendar on Beyond and I don't think they have Caravan at the Club like they do on Apex unless they just haven't been offering to the last few cruises.

They offer three production shows in The Theatre:

• Stage Door

• Elements

• Arte

and three production shows in Eden:

Wonder at Eden: Paradise
Wonder at Eden: Decadence
Wonder at Eden: Dreams

• Thanks 2

Dreamer 321, you are right about the prices. Now they are getting $60 for Le Petit Chef. The ship tour is now $139, we paid $99 before Covid. If I understand it correctly, the upgrade for the standard drink package to premium has gone from $11.80 per day to $18. 

Eden was delicious. DON'TMISS THE AZTEC DESSERT.

Not to worry, with all the higher prices at the specialty restaurants, the MDR's are still great. I will second the recomendation of the Eden Cafe. On prime rib day, they will give you just a slice of meat if that is what you want. I didn't care for the Ruben, it was too mushy. A lot of people do not see the extra seating outside of the Cafe.

Oh, and the Pizza is good day or night. You can order custom pies, which we did with another couple about 1100 one night.

If you see it, grab the Mac & Cheese in the Oceanview. It is a amazing mix of cheeses.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

Just a heads up on lunch at Le Grand Bistro, the service charge is now $30 plus $6 gratuity per person for lunch (at least on my January 2023 cruise); that seems pretty steep since you already paid for meals with your cruise. 

Also, I've been following the entertainment calendar on Beyond and I don't think they have Caravan at the Club like they do on Apex unless they just haven't been offering to the last few cruises.

They offer three production shows in The Theatre:

• Stage Door

• Elements

• Arte

and three production shows in Eden:

Wonder at Eden: Paradise
Wonder at Eden: Decadence
Wonder at Eden: Dreams

any idea what time would work for dinner to be able to go to shows?  wondering if the 8 pm dinner slot will still work...

The current European sailing is running the main shows at 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm. The previous cruise they only ran a 9:00pm show.  I think Celebrity schedules the shows based on the port call times.  

The best thing to do is check if there is the same itinerary as yours at an early time and look at that schedule.  For example, my Jan. 22, 2023 itinerary also runs on November 22, 2022  so that week I will pay very close attention to the daily planner in the Celebrity App.  That gives a good idea of what time shows are and what the menu rotation will be.  There's no guarantee that won't change things for your cruise from a similar previous cruise but that will give you the best idea of what to expect.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, renji said:

any idea what time would work for dinner to be able to go to shows?  wondering if the 8 pm dinner slot will still work...

We ate dinner every night about 7p and made it to the 9pm show.  We also made reservations for the four different dining rooms and sometimes showed up a little early and we’re seated. 

58 minutes ago, mauimary said:

We ate dinner every night about 7p and made it to the 9pm show.  We also made reservations for the four different dining rooms and sometimes showed up a little early and we’re seated. 

The specialty dining haven’t had any 7 or 730, our preferred times.  We’ll deal!