Hyatt Place vs. Hyatt House in Dania Beach?

baggal

Can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between the two hotels which are located across the street from each other in Dania Beach?  The Hyatt website description really doesn't distinguish between the two.  And, are there any restaurants within walking distance?  Full disclosure, we stayed at one of these Hyatts 4 years ago and really can't remember where we stayed!  

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baggal said:

Can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between the two hotels which are located across the street from each other in Dania Beach?  The Hyatt website description really doesn't distinguish between the two.  And, are there any restaurants within walking distance?  Full disclosure, we stayed at one of these Hyatts 4 years ago and really can't remember where we stayed!  

Thanks!

Their not across the street from each other. We've stayed at Hyatt Place (just off 17th Street and sitting just behind Embassy Suites)) several times and love the location which is right next to the Harbor Shopping center with a Publix market, shops and restaurants...our favorite Duffy's. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Their not across the street from each other. We've stayed at Hyatt Place (just off 17th Street and sitting just behind Embassy Suites)) several times and love the location which is right next to the Harbor Shopping center with a Publix market, shops and restaurants...our favorite Duffy's. 

There's also a Hyatt Place in Dania Beach.  The Hyatt Place off 17th near the Embassy Suites is "not available" for my date every time I try to book it.

• Like 1

We always try for the Hyatt Place Place off 17th, near Harbor Shops, but couldn't get rooms for our November cruise. Since we've also stayed at Hyatt Place, Dania, I considered booking there. But, since we're 3 adults, I checked out Hyatt House Dania and got a 2 king bedroom suite, 2 baths, with kitchen, etc., for less than 2 separate rooms. Hyatt Place Dania is located at 91 Southwest 18th and Hyatt House is located at 90 Southwest 18th - across the parking lot from each other.  

Darcy

Mostly fast food dining options nearby.  I think there is a Red Lobster about 1/4 mile or more away.  Also a TGIF Fridays and Dave & Busters and a couple of local places.

Edited by DaveOKC

4 hours ago, baggal said:

There's also a Hyatt Place in Dania Beach.  The Hyatt Place off 17th near the Embassy Suites is "not available" for my date every time I try to book it.

Have you tried booking Hyatt Place through ValueTrips?

http://www.valuetrips.com/

We have been using this site for over 5 years now. It is Hyatt Place off of 17th. st. at a very good discount. Just submit a request and usually between 3-5 days you will get an email back if there are rooms available. Have it booked next month pre and post cruise for our Allure 17th trip.

14 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

http://www.valuetrips.com/

We have been using this site for over 5 years now. It is Hyatt Place off of 17th. st. at a very good discount. Just submit a request and usually between 3-5 days you will get an email back if there are rooms available. Have it booked next month pre and post cruise for our Allure 17th trip.

Thanks for adding to my post...I shouldn't have assumed VT was known about.

@baggal We stayed at Hyatt House Dania this past February, had 2 rooms for our annual family cruise.  It is across the street from Hyatt Place Dania. If you read reviews on Hyatt Place, rooms in back are noisy due to highway. We were very pleased with Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port in Dania Beach. Walking distance to Dania Pointe, very large shopping complex with many restaurants. Lunch at Too Jay's Deli and Bakery excellent. We had dinner at Cooper's Hawk which was very good also. Google Dania Pointe to see large selection of restaurants. Rooms at Hyatt are large and clean, it's fairly new. Free breakfast had nice selections. I would recommend Hyatt House, Dania. As a matter of fact, I booked 2 rooms again for March 2023 family cruise (my granddaughter liked the pool).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

@baggal We stayed at Hyatt House Dania this past February, had 2 rooms for our annual family cruise.  It is across the street from Hyatt Place Dania. If you read reviews on Hyatt Place, rooms in back are noisy due to highway. We were very pleased with Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port in Dania Beach. Walking distance to Dania Pointe, very large shopping complex with many restaurants. Lunch at Too Jay's Deli and Bakery excellent. We had dinner at Cooper's Hawk which was very good also. Google Dania Pointe to see large selection of restaurants. Rooms at Hyatt are large and clean, it's fairly new. Free breakfast had nice selections. I would recommend Hyatt House, Dania. As a matter of fact, I booked 2 rooms again for March 2023 family cruise (my granddaughter liked the pool).

Thank you!  Your response is very helpful.  

On 8/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, baggal said:

Thanks!

9 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

We stayed overnight at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach in April before our cruise. We will be staying there again in December pre-cruise.  Everything was good!  As @SUESEABE mentioned, there are good restaurants at Dania Pointe, and there is a Panda Express next door.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

We stayed overnight at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach in April before our cruise. We will be staying there again in December pre-cruise.  Everything was good!  As @SUESEABE mentioned, there are good restaurants at Dania Pointe, and there is a Panda Express next door.  

Where do you pickup wine there?  I don’t see a grocery store or liquor shop at the mall.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 10:52 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Where do you pickup wine there?  I don’t see a grocery store or liquor shop at the mall.  

There is a BJ's across Stirling (no membership needed to purchase alcohol).  There is also a Big Lots across from BJs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1