No more COVID-19 testing for most cruises??

pauly

YOUR HEALTHY SAILING UPDATE

Updated Protocols for Bermuda 2022 Sailings 

While requirements for sailing have changed for some destinations, most of Bermuda’s local regulations and requirements are still in place.

This means your vaccination and pre-cruise testing requirements remain unchanged.

The good news is we've removed boarding day testing, and any debark testing for sailings that end in the U.S.

Due to the fluidity of this situation, our protocols are subject to change, and we are committed to keeping you informed if they do.

Check out our Healthy Sail Center for our full sailing protocols

VIEW HEALTHY SAIL CENTER

Ok, I understand the testing requirements for entry into Bermuda, but what does this vague email actually  say? I have read it three times. The "Healthy Sail Center" still indicates that passengers on cruises 6 nights or more still need to be tested....?

1 minute ago, pauly said:

The "Healthy Sail Center" still indicates that passengers on cruises 6 nights or more still need to be tested....?

Are you looking for something other than the obvious plain reading of that message?

+6

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pauly said:
YOUR HEALTHY SAILING UPDATE

Updated Protocols for Bermuda 2022 Sailings 

While requirements for sailing have changed for some destinations, most of Bermuda’s local regulations and requirements are still in place.

This means your vaccination and pre-cruise testing requirements remain unchanged.

The good news is we've removed boarding day testing, and any debark testing for sailings that end in the U.S.

Due to the fluidity of this situation, our protocols are subject to change, and we are committed to keeping you informed if they do.

Check out our Healthy Sail Center for our full sailing protocols

VIEW HEALTHY SAIL CENTER

Ok, I understand the testing requirements for entry into Bermuda, but what does this vague email actually  say? I have read it three times. The "Healthy Sail Center" still indicates that passengers on cruises 6 nights or more still need to be tested....?

It says your testing requirements for our trip to Bermuday have not changed

Seems pretty clear

29 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Hello Royal Caribbean...time to end all testing!!!

Tell that to the countries that RCL sails to that still require it. RCL won't change their requirements until the ports of call change theirs.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Tell that to the countries that RCL sails to that still require it. RCL won't change their requirements until the ports of call change theirs.

What countries other than Bermuda and Canada require testing for vaxxed indviduals?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Yea it pretty much is except for a very few counties that would effect a limited amount of sailings such as mentioned above.... like Bermuda and Canada. 

If that was indeed a true statement, then the itineraries visiting eastern Caribbean ports would have received the same treatment as those sailing from Los Angeles, Galveston, and New Orleans this week.

As it appears, your assesment of Bermuda and Canada being the only roadblocks does not appear to be accurate. 

Sailing next month to Bermuda.  When it comes to pre-cruise Covid testing, Royal's rules differ from the requirements of the Bermuda Travel Authorization (a requirement for all entry into Bermuda).

• Royal (as per my pre-cruise email received today) - "Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day."

• Bermuda Travel Authorization -  Chart: "Fully Vaccinated Cruise Ship Passengers for Cruise voyage where ship takes 4 days or less to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation port:

COVID-19 NAAT test (PCR, LAMP or TMA) up to 4 days before embarkation

OR

Supervised antigen up to 2 days before embarkation

When it comes to PCR test, which is it, 4 days or 2?  Won't call Royal as I have little faith that whomever I reach really knows. 

1 minute ago, jerrib said:

Sailing next month to Bermuda.  When it comes to pre-cruise Covid testing, Royal's rules differ from the requirements of the Bermuda Travel Authorization (a requirement for all entry into Bermuda).

• Royal (as per my pre-cruise email received today) - "Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day."

• Bermuda Travel Authorization -  Chart: "Fully Vaccinated Cruise Ship Passengers for Cruise voyage where ship takes 4 days or less to arrive to Bermuda from embarkation port:

COVID-19 NAAT test (PCR, LAMP or TMA) up to 4 days before embarkation

OR

Supervised antigen up to 2 days before embarkation

When it comes to PCR test, which is it, 4 days or 2?  Won't call Royal as I have little faith that whomever I reach really knows. 

Irrelevant, because RCL's requirement for Bermuda cruises is two days, and the people clearing you at the gates will only follow RCL's rules.

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Irrelevant, because RCL's requirement for Bermuda cruises is two days, and the people clearing you at the gates will only follow RCL's rules.

I had read elsewhere that destination requirements superseded cruise ship rules.  The problem I have is that rapid antigen tests are hard to come by in my area, and PCR tests can take up to 48 hrs. (too close for comfort).

2 minutes ago, jerrib said:

I had read elsewhere that destination requirements superseded cruise ship rules.  The problem I have is that rapid antigen tests are hard to come by in my area, and PCR tests can take up to 48 hrs. (too close for comfort).

I am sure that is true, but the people staffing the entrances to RCL's terminals are part time workers paid by RCL to adhere to and enforce RCL's rules. No follow, no work.

47 minutes ago, jerrib said:

The problem I have is that rapid antigen tests are hard to come by in my area

I'm confused. You can get tests from any major retailer (if you don't have any free government tests lying around) and online proctoring is available for $20pp or less from sites like rapidtestandtrace or onpoint.

What makes rapid antigen tests hard to come by in your area?

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, BND said:

What countries other than Bermuda and Canada require testing for vaxxed indviduals?

I'm on the Allure Sept. 4 sail to Aruba and Curacao and still requires testing for vaxxed Paxs, albeit a 3-day window.

51 minutes ago, jerrib said:

Testing timeline has been changed from 2 to 3 days.

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm on the Allure Sept. 4 sail to Aruba and Curacao and still requires testing for vaxxed Paxs, albeit a 3-day window.

Two ports that aren't on most itineraries, especially out of NJ or MD.  Just like they've done with Bermuda and Canada, they could easily put exceptions for those ports as they're always on the same itinerary (in my experience having been to both a few times).  Our Jewel b2b this fall goes to Cozumel, Costa Maya, San Juan, St. Maarten, Puerto Plata and Nassau.  As far as I know none of them have that requirement so hopefully by Nov we don't have to worry about it.

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If that was indeed a true statement, then the itineraries visiting eastern Caribbean ports would have received the same treatment as those sailing from Los Angeles, Galveston, and New Orleans this week.

As it appears, your assesment of Bermuda and Canada being the only roadblocks does not appear to be accurate. 

The new info on sailings from LA, Galveston and NOLA are in regards to vaccination status...not testing protocols....they still require testing....so not sure your comparison.

I've been precluded from discussing "testing", last time I got in trouble.

But, we like the testing, keeps at least some people off "our" ships. A recent cruise we took had lots of Covid friendly folks present on day 4 and 5, nothing is perfect. Cruise and enjoy.