Instant Latte recommendations (Mocha or Caramel)...

tweak89

For those that bring their own instant coffee does anyone have any recommendations for a decent instant latte mix?  We don't drink enough soda or alcohol to justify the drink packages (my wife doesn't do coffee at all) so I was wanting to bring some instant latte packets or powder to have latte or two with breakfast. 

There are so many different brands and since I mostly drink foo-foo Starbucks iced/hot lattes (lol) I don't have a "go to" brand.  We have a ton of random k-kups at home, so we are not brand loyal, lol.

2 hours ago, tweak89 said:

For those that bring their own instant coffee does anyone have any recommendations for a decent instant latte mix?  We don't drink enough soda or alcohol to justify the drink packages (my wife doesn't do coffee at all) so I was wanting to bring some instant latte packets or powder to have latte or two with breakfast. 

There are so many different brands and since I mostly drink foo-foo Starbucks iced/hot lattes (lol) I don't have a "go to" brand.  We have a ton of random k-kups at home, so we are not brand loyal, lol.

If you like the Starbucks lattes, why not buy their powdered latte mixes?  It probably won’t taste as good, but might be close if you add milk or cream.

36 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

If you like the Starbucks lattes, why not buy their powdered latte mixes?  It probably won’t taste as good, but might be close if you add milk or cream.

Can I find this in Starbucks or is it a particular store that you can find it in as I have not seen this anywhere.

Update:. So far none of the Starbucks I stopped at have the latte instant just the regular blends.  

Edited by tweak89

1 hour ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Amazon has a great assortment.

You are correct, but I'm looking for specific recommendations from people who have tried them because there's just so many on Amazon I really don't know which one to choose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

I also cannot justify the purchase of beverage packages.  If I want a fancy coffee, I just purchase it on-board.  

Seconded - trying to economize on fancy coffee just does not work.  If you want to treat yourself, don’t scrimp. If you don’t want to pay the price, live with regular coffee - which isn’t hard to make well.

8 hours ago, tweak89 said:

Can I find this in Starbucks or is it a particular store that you can find it in as I have not seen this anywhere.

Update:. So far none of the Starbucks I stopped at have the latte instant just the regular blends.  

I've heard people say they like the Starbucks Via instant, though I've never tried it.  

I hope you let us know what you find. 

Since we are talking coffee -- After a trip to Spain drinking their Americanos, I now think my Kcups are too weak.  I hoped to find k-cup Americanos. No luck so far.   

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ldubs said:

Since we are talking coffee -- After a trip to Spain drinking their Americanos, I now think my Kcups are too weak.  I hoped to find k-cup Americanos. No luck so far.   

see if you can find espresso  then add hot water to taste

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:26 PM, ldubs said:

I've heard people say they like the Starbucks Via instant, though I've never tried it.  

I hope you let us know what you find. 

That’s what I tried, the Starbucks VIA. I thought it tasted fine. It all depends on the person.  I’m also in Canada so distribution may vary from your location.

• Like 1

As IRMO12HD suggested, the purchase of a coffee card may be a good idea too. I’ve bought the cards and have enjoyed the coffees they make. My favourite is a Mochacchino (sp) with a half shot of expresso. Personally, I find a whole shot to be too strong for me. They’ll adjust things to make the coffee how you like it. A little extra chocolate syrup doesn’t hurt either..for my taste anyway.   Hope you find something you like.  😊

I understand wanting to bring it but in my experience, they don’t taste like a latte. I have had the ones in the grocery store, International  Coffee. While they used to be fine for an occasional drink at work, they by no means taste like a latte! Maybe put aside a latte budget for the cruise, the real latte is so very worth it!

• Like 1

I've never heard of a "Coffee Card" on Carnival.  As far as bringing the packets, I don't do regular coffee (for some reason I just never cared for the taste).  But mocha/caramel/pumpkin spice flavored coffees work for me.   Just something to have with breakfast. 

16 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Though I am not a big fan of Starbucks ground coffee they do make a very decent instant coffee.    Try some now and see if it is for you 

I have not been able to find the Latte version of their VIA Instant coffee anywhere!  I think they may have discontinued that flavor.

So I cam up with a solution to my foo foo coffee problem, lol.  Tasters Choice Hazlenut packets ($3.50 for 15) mixed with hot cocoa=delicious!  No cream or sugar needed above whatever is already in it.

Edited by tweak89