When can I choose my boarding time? 37 days out

ShelleyQT

Long time cruiser here, new to Celebrity.  We are booked for the Solstice Sept. 24th, and we are now at 37 days to departure.  I was able to fill out the check-in process at day 45, but I still can't choose a boarding time.  I called Celebrity at day 44, and she told me I should be able to choose at day 45.  I told her that we were now at day 44, and I was still not able to choose.  She told me to wait a few days and then try again, but now here we are, still with no boarding times available.  The website and app both say, "Not quite ready for you."

Is this normal?  Am I missing something?

We were originally booked on the Millennium, and Celebrity changed us to Solstice.  Since then, there have been tons of waiting (cabin assignment, notifications, etc.).  It has been stressful.  As a new Celebrity customer, it has also made me rethink sailing with them again.

It's not normal, but it does happen from time to time.  With the ship changing, I'm not surprised that things are a bit wonky when it comes to checking in at this point.

Just keep checking on it, and it'll be there at some point.  No one here will be able to predict when.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ShelleyQT said:

Long time cruiser here, new to Celebrity.  We are booked for the Solstice Sept. 24th, and we are now at 37 days to departure.  I was able to fill out the check-in process at day 45, but I still can't choose a boarding time.  I called Celebrity at day 44, and she told me I should be able to choose at day 45.  I told her that we were now at day 44, and I was still not able to choose.  She told me to wait a few days and then try again, but now here we are, still with no boarding times available.  The website and app both say, "Not quite ready for you."

We were originally booked on the Millennium, and Celebrity changed us to Solstice.  Since then, there have been tons of waiting (cabin assignment, notifications, etc.).  It has been stressful.  As a new Celebrity customer, it has also made me rethink sailing with them again.

Not really normal, we are on the Millennium for Sept 16 to Alaska & 45 days out and we were able to choose our check in time. 

Edited by If only

1 minute ago, If only said:

Not really normal, we are on the Millennium for Sept 16 to Alaska & 45 days out & we were able to choose our check in time.

It seems to be on the cruises which were originally scheduled to be on the Millie and then the ship was changed to the Solstice.  For our December sailing the app isn’t available yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ShelleyQT said:

Be patient, they cancelled the Japan/Asian cruises for the third year in a row due to Covid concerns and are trying to do their best in repositioning ships. Celebrity is a fabulous cruise line and the onboard employees will bend over backward to make your vacation special.

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It seems to be on the cruises which were originally scheduled to be on the Millie and then the ship was changed to the Solstice.  For our December sailing the app isn’t available yet.

Not so Sure of that.  Cruising on Milly repositioning on Sept 30.  15 day Panama Canal cruise and we are able to check in but no arrival selection available. 

I am doing a BTB on the Solstice.  I was able to complete check in (select boarding time) for the Sep9 cruise nearly 2 weeks ago.  I had thought that one week after that, I would be able to select a boarding time for the Sep16 cruise-- but still no.  Even though they keep sending me emails telling me to complete my check-in!  

Lisa

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eight_Paws said:

I am doing a BTB on the Solstice.  I was able to complete check in (select boarding time) for the Sep9 cruise nearly 2 weeks ago.  I had thought that one week after that, I would be able to select a boarding time for the Sep16 cruise-- but still no.  Even though they keep sending me emails telling me to complete my check-in!  

Lisa

We're also on the 16 Sept cruise and can't get a boarding time. Many people on our roll call are saying the same thing. There must be a glitch. X's IT is forever a problem. Also, there are some people on that roll call saying that US law may prohibit the B2B because Vancouver is not considered a foreign port. 

6 minutes ago, luv2cruisemore said:

We're also on the 16 Sept cruise and can't get a boarding time. Many people on our roll call are saying the same thing. There must be a glitch. X's IT is forever a problem. Also, there are some people on that roll call saying that US law may prohibit the B2B because Vancouver is not considered a foreign port. 

If I understand correctly, this B2B begins in Seattle and terminates in Los Angeles?  That is not a permissible combination for cruisers under PVSA.  Vancouver is a foreign port, it's just not a 'distant foreign port'.

17 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

If I understand correctly, this B2B begins in Seattle and terminates in Los Angeles?  That is not a permissible combination for cruisers under PVSA.  Vancouver is a foreign port, it's just not a 'distant foreign port'.

Sorry, I'm confused -- wouldn't this be the same as taking a RT cruise from Seattle to Alaska, with the 'foreign port' requirement criteria being satisfied by a stop in Victoria or Vancouver?  (Both cruises do include a stop in Victoria, in addition to the end/beginning being in Vancouver..

Thanks,  Lisa

3 minutes ago, Eight_Paws said:

Sorry, I'm confused -- wouldn't this be the same as taking a RT cruise from Seattle to Alaska, with the 'foreign port' requirement criteria being satisfied by a stop in Victoria or Vancouver?  (Both cruises do include a stop in Victoria, in addition to the end/beginning being in Vancouver..

Thanks,  Lisa

Well, it would be.  This is why I asked whether the end point of the B2B is Los Angeles.

Well -- I had been booked on this BTB pairing (Sep9 and Sep16) and after finding this information, asked my TA to verify.  She called Celebrity brought it to their attention.  Rather than send her my options, they just cancelled the second cruise (which is the one I would have preferred to keep!!)   

And they acted like they were doing me a FAVOR by giving me a refund for that one, when they are at fault for their systems allowing it.

What flabbergasts me is -- why wouldn't they have gone through ALL their bookings once this violation was identified, to proactively identify any other customers who would be impacted?  

Grrr!   Now trying to figure out what to do for the second part... when I had a been looking a month or so ago, flights from Vancouver to Phoenix were not cheap...  😞

16 minutes ago, Eight_Paws said:

Well -- I had been booked on this BTB pairing (Sep9 and Sep16) and after finding this information, asked my TA to verify.  She called Celebrity brought it to their attention.  Rather than send her my options, they just cancelled the second cruise (which is the one I would have preferred to keep!!)   

And they acted like they were doing me a FAVOR by giving me a refund for that one, when they are at fault for their systems allowing it.

What flabbergasts me is -- why wouldn't they have gone through ALL their bookings once this violation was identified, to proactively identify any other customers who would be impacted?  

Grrr!   Now trying to figure out what to do for the second part... when I had a been looking a month or so ago, flights from Vancouver to Phoenix were not cheap...  😞

You do have the option of Bellingham airport in Washington state. We are on your Sept 9 cruise. After docking in Vancouver BC. We are taking a bus to the US. While we are only going to Bellingham Airport the bus does go to Seattle and Seatac airport. Traffic can be bad down I5 to SeaTac.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Eight_Paws said:

Take a look at Westjet.  There is a flight from YVR to PHX (via YYC) that leaves at 1400 and is priced at less than 300 CAD.

13 hours ago, Eight_Paws said:

I believe someone on these itineraries is keeping them but they have to disembark in Victoria and then reboard the next day in Vancouver at their own expense.

I'd blame your TA, not Celebrity. My TA warned me back when I was looking at Sept 9 Solstice followed by Sept 16 Millennium/Sept 22 Millennium that it might be an illegal cruise. As it happens, the ship change would have made it legal, but once Celebrity swapped Solstice in for the Millennium sailings it would not have been. Fortunately we decided only to do the second and third legs so we are OK.

14 minutes ago, SusieV said:

I believe someone on these itineraries is keeping them but they have to disembark in Victoria and then reboard the next day in Vancouver at their own expense.

I'd blame your TA, not Celebrity. My TA warned me back when I was looking at Sept 9 Solstice followed by Sept 16 Millennium/Sept 22 Millennium that it might be an illegal cruise. As it happens, the ship change would have made it legal, but once Celebrity swapped Solstice in for the Millennium sailings it would not have been. Fortunately we decided only to do the second and third legs so we are OK.

Good point, but I still think the Celebrity systems should have red-flagged it and not allowed the bookings in the first place.

Lisa

3 hours ago, Eight_Paws said:

Good point, but I still think the Celebrity systems should have red-flagged it and not allowed the bookings in the first place.

Lisa

I'm sure it got complicated with the itinerary changes and the ship swap. The system might not be programmed to catch those kind of mistakes since the bookings were made when it was a legal itinerary.