What is a privasea stateroom? deck 14 on the Epic.

spanishguy1970

We just booked the Epic next April for 15 days, an Eastbound Transatlantic cruise. We booked the inside guarantee at a very reasonable price, 1800 dollars for the two of us, including taxes. We used our Diamond perk and today we were upgraded to a BF Category Privasea Balcony on deck 14. Has anyone stayed in any of these staterooms? if so, how are they? Thank you for any information.

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

envision being trapped in a box with one window. i booked one of these cabins by mistake (my bad, i didnt understand what privasea really meant). big mistake, huge. never again!

If you ever book a standard balcony on the Joy, be aware that some of the cabins are mis-marked as 'Privasea' but are really just standard balcony cabins...

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

envision being trapped in a box with one window. i booked one of these cabins by mistake (my bad, i didnt understand what privasea really meant). big mistake, huge. never again!

thank you, i am finding that out, i did check youtube, there's only one or two videos. We got it as a free upgrade, so can't complain too much but eventually i am sure we will move. Ours looks like it will be very noisy.

Since you're on a trans-Atlantic in April, perhaps you'll find yourself lucky to have one of these enclosed people closets. The seas could be rough and you may be protected from the spray/wind/etc. That's what I'd hope for. I do hope you enjoy your balcony!

I say this selfishly as I sure don't want one of those - but appreciate you asking, so that I know what this category is (and can avoid it). 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Since you're on a trans-Atlantic in April, perhaps you'll find yourself lucky to have one of these enclosed people closets. The seas could be rough and you may be protected from the spray/wind/etc. That's what I'd hope for. I do hope you enjoy your balcony!

I say this selfishly as I sure don't want one of those - but appreciate you asking, so that I know what this category is (and can avoid it). 

thanks, we have done more transatlantics than we can count. LOL in all the years doing transatlantics we have only had one rough crossing.

2 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

thank you, i am finding that out, i did check youtube, there's only one or two videos. We got it as a free upgrade, so can't complain too much but eventually i am sure we will move. Ours looks like it will be very noisy.

The first balcony we ever had was a hull balcony on the Jewel,  a free upgrade last minute when prices dropped.  It was on a New England Canada cruise in the fall and quite chilly while at sea but we were protected from the wind on the balcony and were able to enjoy being out side.  I can't say I would ever book one but it wasn't  as horrible as some are making it out to be and a step up from the ocean view cabin we paid for.  

• Like 3

To be honest, I hardly even noticed the difference!  Enclosed on a warm-weather cruise might not be ideal if you want to sit out on the balcony during the day but most of my cruises are port-intensive so the only time on the balcony is in the evening.  And it was really nice to have coming/going into NYC on some very cold and windy December days.

• Like 3

Some of them have clear glass down the front, but not all, which would make a difference if sitting down in a chair and looking out, in terms of view.  I don't know which has glass and which doesn't, though, I could just see the difference in photos and YouTube videos. 😃

Edited to add: I want that big circle in the ceiling to be a mirror, but obviously it isn't. *laugh*

Edited by Lunesse
  • Like 1

Next marketing gimmick. The Excitin-side TM Cabin with luxurious views of wall paper and wood verneer.

I wouldn't get a hulled balcony cabin unless I was upgrading from an inside and it's cheaper any other balcony.

3 minutes ago, complawyer said:

sorry, id rather spend the little extra money to get a balcony then stay in a privasea cabin. 

yes, you said it twice, thank you. For now, we are stuck, it was a free diamond perk upgrade from an inside guarantee. We will monitor it for now, then decide to make the change.

• Like 1

i was responding to kylenyc #19 post.  by the way, cant  you upgrade to a different cabin as a diamond level latitude member. i thought  you could upgrade  to any next level cabin       by the way, the cabin itself isnt bad, i just didnt like the closed in feeling on the balcony itself.

im about 120 points away from diamond status, but looking at the perks doesnt seem to do much for me

26 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i was responding to kylenyc #19 post.  by the way, cant  you upgrade to a different cabin as a diamond level latitude member. i thought  you could upgrade  to any next level cabin       by the way, the cabin itself isnt bad, i just didnt like the closed in feeling on the balcony itself.

im about 120 points away from diamond status, but looking at the perks doesnt seem to do much for me

No you can't. You can only use your upgrade once, so this is it. Now we have to monitor and see if we want to pay a little or a lot extra to move to another balcony, that's what we are debating right now. Yeah, the perks are not that great. We were lucky i guess. We were platinum plus but when the latitude program changed to this new system we had enough points that we made Diamond. We don't cruise for the latitude points.

3 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i dont cruise for the  points either, but i do like the 2 extra dinners and the free bag of laundry!

hear hear. Us too. I liked it better before when the extra dinners were per latitude person not per stateroom, but c'est la vie LOL

• Like 1