First time caller . . . er, passenger: Cunard / QM2 swag in shops

hrhdhd

Hi!

I'm booked on QM2 for her Sept. 15-23 crossing. First time on Cunard, and I was wondering if there is any ship-specific or Cunard brand clothing in the shops. Specifically, I'd be interested in a ball cap (I won't wear it to dinner!) and a shirt. And possibly a magnet. 😊

Thanks,

Deidre

53 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Hi!

I'm booked on QM2 for her Sept. 15-23 crossing. First time on Cunard, and I was wondering if there is any ship-specific or Cunard brand clothing in the shops. Specifically, I'd be interested in a ball cap (I won't wear it to dinner!) and a shirt. And possibly a magnet. 😊

Thanks,

Deidre

Yes there are several shops in one like clothing, logo items like dishes, stuffed animals, tea pots, candies, models of the ship etc....and your magnet you asked about to remember your voyage. Just take you time and wander around for what you are interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s been a while so trying to recall, but didn’t they have a thing about toy bears? The magnets are quite handy for attaching printed cruise itineraries and other notifications etc to the cabin walls. 

Harrods merchandise used to be on sale also? 

11 minutes ago, Petulia said:

It’s been a while so trying to recall, but didn’t they have a thing about toy bears?

Yes, indeed. Here are a couple threads discussing the Cunard bears. There is a different annual bear each year (although there wasn't one for 2021 for obvious reasons). The 2022 bear is Arthur.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2535717-cunard-bears/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2804682-cunard-teddy-bears/

• Like 1

Typically there is also a polo shirt [available in red or blue] sold on crossings at a pop up table in the lobby.

Back in 2008 I purchased a QM2 necktie - the only other person I have seen wearing one was Steve Payne at one his lectures in 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Yes, indeed. Here are a couple threads discussing the Cunard bears. There is a different annual bear each year (although there wasn't one for 2021 for obvious reasons). The 2022 bear is Arthur.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2535717-cunard-bears/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2804682-cunard-teddy-bears/

Uh oh. Now I need the bear, too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

Typically there is also a polo shirt [available in red or blue] sold on crossings at a pop up table in the lobby.

It's been a few years ago on a Caribbean cruise aboard QM2, one of the shops had nice white polo shirts with black lettering and the Cunard logo.  I still wear it at times; it's a quality shirt.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

It's been a few years ago on a Caribbean cruise aboard QM2, one of the shops had nice white polo shirts with black lettering and the Cunard logo.  I still wear it at times; it's a quality shirt.  

I too have bought some nice summer clothing and warm jackets that I will certainly use during this Fall sailing. I very proud to show off the jacket and sailing on the QM2. Will see what new hats they may have.

Sometimes, shirts branded with a previous crossing date are sold at a discount. In 2015, for instance, I bought a polo shirt with 2013 Transatlantic markings for about $10. I also purchased a couple of t-shirts with the 2013 markings that had a price tag showing $5, but rang up as $1 at checkout. Both the clerk and I were surprised.