The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 23rd, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Love daffodils! 
@Vict0riannHappy birthday 

@HAL Sailer sending prayers for a good recovery for your DS
@summer slopeyum that drink sounds great., 

@kazu nice to see the dogs in your home

giggling at all the dogs on couches! 
@aliaschief I think the park is Vigeland park we loved the one of the crying baby, the sculptor apparently literally took candy away! 

image.thumb.jpeg.6332f760a7ee60a37b0fdcac6b45162b.jpeg

20B31E4E-B0C9-4FA1-A673-BAD800ED4637.jpeg

What a cute dog.

Graham.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning - actually almost afternoon here. I was away early this morning for my dermatologist appointment and all is well. Will return in 6 months. There is a small spot she is watching, but it is on my noise and she thinks my noise has had quite enough trauma with my fall a few weeks ago. I do have some rather interesting new bumps (internal) on it. 

Little news from here. I did visit today's destination on the QE2 years ago and I loved it. I also am hoping to return on the Grand Australia in '24. While there, a lady I was walking with tripped and fell. Two huge men got her to her feet - she says before she even knew she had fallen. She was ok and very grateful for the assist. No pictures of the visit available, but like others we visited the palace and the blowholes and we walked from town back to the ship. Look forward to a return although I know the damage has been extensive.

@kazuGlad you are enjoying your canine visitors - they look very sweet and because they are trained and come from a loving family, much easier on you both physically and mentally. I too hope Little Shadow is happy and settled with her new foster family and that they are strong enough to give her the help she needs. If you hear about her, please let us know.

Susan

Great news at your dermatologist Susan that you are all clear.

Graham.

• Like 11

@Horizon chaser 1957  OR, perhaps @jphkshas been reading us, and finally realized that with all the wealth of knowledge you all have, it's a good group to ask the question of.

So my answer would be never.  Unless they are in dry dock, but I am used to cruising on Carnival.  A ship returns to the port after a cruise.  They throw every one off, and tell them it's over-go home.  Then immediately, the beds are changed, the floors are vacuumed, the ship takes on fresh food, and the ship is refueled.  Once every one is off, then they start boarding the new folks for the next cruise.  They leave that night, so you get thrown off by 9, and the ship sets sail again around 4-7 hours.  I cant even get my laundry done in 7 hours.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 11
  • Haha 9

Good afternoon, just back from the vet with Fluff. She’s doing good, drainage tubes removed and she’s now wearing her onesie, so her cone is removed for now. She goes back on Friday to get the pain patch off and next Thursday to get the sutures out. Then it’s a 2 week break till Ninja goes for more blood work. 
I hope everyone has a great evening ❤️🙏

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

I'm back, and thank everyone for more birthday wishes!  I had an email from my DSIL this morning;  she got my age wrong , and I'm not going to correct her...

I had my haircut, my hairdresser had sent me to a co-worker last time, I think I told you, because she had laryngitis, although she was feeling fine.  I was not happy with the new cut and fussed with it the whole cruise.  I told my regular today that I would not be switching hairdressers, and she was happy about that - then she told me she had actually discovered the next day that she had Covid.  So her thoughtfulness saved me, I imagine!  No one in the beauty parlour was masked today except the two of us.

• Like 22

Good news on a couple of fronts. First, I finally received the path report from my colonoscopy, which was on July 26. Nothing of interest, so next one can wait 10 years.

Second, I put the new registration sticker on my car windshield, necessary because it would expire while I'm cruising around Norway. In New York the sticker goes on the inside of the windshield, and quite a few people, no matter how long they have lived here, don't know how to remove the old one. They scrape and scrape and scrape with a razor blade, but the correct tool is a wet sponge.

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Good news on a couple of fronts. First, I finally received the path report from my colonoscopy, which was on July 26. Nothing of interest, so next one can wait 10 years.

Second, I put the new registration sticker on my car windshield, necessary because it would expire while I'm cruising around Norway. In New York the sticker goes on the inside of the windshield, and quite a few people, no matter how long they have lived here, don't know how to remove the old one. They scrape and scrape and scrape with a razor blade, but the correct tool is a wet sponge.

I'm really pleased to hear your news today.

Graham.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Ann, are you starting to feel better.  Is a bland diet helping?  I hope you can hold out and still enjoy your cruise.

Roy

Thanks, Roy, I am determined to eat food tonight.  I have a piece of halibut out and will have mashed potato and green beans.  And Jell-o.  It is my birthday!  I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes, or maybe you don't want to know....

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

We made it to Dallas and back in one piece, but traffic was heavy in places.  It was particularly slow on I-35W coming home.  We took I-30 to Ft.Worth with some slow downs and then the toll road to Cleburne and home from there.  It was longer, but not as crazy as the other way. 

The MRI showed a couple of problems that need checking out and one that will probably need surgery before the nph is addressed.  At least, it looks like we'll be headed in the right direction.  Keeping our fingers crossed 🤞 the are no more surprises.

We had some rain going and coming, but saw no flooding.  Last time, the Trinity River bed was grass.  Today it was a river.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We made it to Dallas and back in one piece, but traffic was heavy in places.  It was particularly slow on I-35W coming home.  We took I-30 to Ft.Worth with some slow downs and then the toll road to Cleburne and home from there.  It was longer, but not as crazy as the other way. 

The MRI showed a couple of problems that need checking out and one that will probably need surgery before the nph is addressed.  At least, it looks like we'll be headed in the right direction.  Keeping our fingers crossed 🤞 the are no more surprises.

We had some rain going and coming, but saw no flooding.  Last time, the Trinity River bed was grass.  Today it was a river.

Lenda

Lenda.. where do you live exactly?,

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Lenda.. where do you live exactly?,

On Lake Whitney, but not on the lake.  We're near the Katy Bridge, which was the old railroad bridge that was made into a road bridge.  We're about 4 or 5 miles outside of Whitney.  In other words, we're about 2 1/2 hours north of Austin.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I’m guessing this question was meant for a different thread?

No, I meant for it to be in this thread as it would appear someone knows much more about where the ships are and when.

• Like 6