Azamara 2024 Itineraries

Host Jazzbeau

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

The two category upgrade is only for inside cabins and verandah - - no suites and is a short term sale. 
Is there a time coming up that typically offers suite or all cabin pricing sales?  I believe there was one earlier this summer where the second person sailed at a reduced fare. 

Looks like they just jacked the price of the interiors and ocean views to the same as the verandahs. And called that an upgrade. Venture Capital doing it's finest work.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, inspired10 said:

Looks like they just jacked the price of the interiors and ocean views to the same as the verandahs. And called that an upgrade. Venture Capital doing it's finest work.

Well, this sale looked like a sale and smelled like a sale so I called Azamara.  And for a mere 92 minute hold time, I was able to take advantage and save quite a bit of cash on our 16-Night Norway Intensive for next summer : )   Ergo, happy to report that sometimes, for some fortunate cruisers, a sale truly is a sale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Well, this sale looked like a sale and smelled like a sale so I called Azamara.  And for a mere 92 minute hold time, I was able to take advantage and save quite a bit of cash on our 16-Night Norway Intensive for next summer : )   Ergo, happy to report that sometimes, for some fortunate cruisers, a sale truly is a sale.

Hi Ithikan,

I found the same as I have been watching the Norway Intensive on the Journey for some time now, it was a little out of our price range and I had been checking the pricing regularly.  I finally was able to book based on this sale as the price was down significantly.  I hope to see you on board 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, inspired10 said:

Azamara has been doing this exact same upgrade sale for many years.  Sometimes a good deal, sometimes not.

It has nothing to do with Sycamore Partners.

• Like 3

on the Azamara site... thru Nov 24.... at first glance not impressed with new itineraries, although have not looked at ports along the way... next task to try to follow each ship and see if a good multi cruise itinerary is available...

49 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Already booked b2b!  Best itineraries I’ve seen in a long time, mostly new to us ports.

There was an early booking bonus on the web site for 2023 and 2024 sailings, but it expired 8/31.  Are there any promos for booking 2024 now?

Edited to add:  oh wait!  Just looked and the date to book by is 8/31/23, so the offer is still good!

Edited by takemewithyou
Addition
  • Thanks 2

I suppose the curse of sailing a lot is very little new to us.  I recognise with not being able to go into St Petersburg or the Black Sea there was always going to be a lot of similarities between the itineraries offered, theres only so much of the Med they can do and they are getting more and more restricted in where the boats can go in Norway and probably in the UK soon

Disappointed that they have not re-offered the Norway Lonygearben cruise that was cancelled in 2020.  The Norway itineraries are eye waveringly expensive compared to similar offered elsewhere for 2024.  

We were offered a chance to book early last week but did not take it up.  I think I will wait until nearer the time to book

2 hours ago, uktog said:

I suppose the curse of sailing a lot is very little new to us.  I recognise with not being able to go into St Petersburg or the Black Sea there was always going to be a lot of similarities between the itineraries offered, theres only so much of the Med they can do and they are getting more and more restricted in where the boats can go in Norway and probably in the UK soon

Disappointed that they have not re-offered the Norway Lonygearben cruise that was cancelled in 2020.  The Norway itineraries are eye waveringly expensive compared to similar offered elsewhere for 2024.  

We were offered a chance to book early last week but did not take it up.  I think I will wait until nearer the time to book

I was so impressed with your recent Norway cruise report that I immediately checked out those 2024 itineraries.

And yes, those elevated prices brought tears to my eyes. I actually reread the terms to confirm that the charges were per person not per stateroom. 🙀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, uktog said:

Disappointed that they have not re-offered the Norway Lonygearben cruise that was cancelled in 2020.

Longyearbyen has been in the news with plans to severely restrict cruise ships, limiting both size of ships (as low as 500 passengers max, and only 200 in protected areas):

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/cruise-lines-prepare-major-changes-coming-svalbard

The lower limit would exclude Azamara.  They would just sneak in if the upper limit of 750 is adopted, but they may be waiting to see the final regulations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Longyearbyen has been in the news with plans to severely restrict cruise ships, limiting both size of ships (as low as 500 passengers max, and only 200 in protected areas):

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/cruise-lines-prepare-major-changes-coming-svalbard

The lower limit would exclude Azamara.  They would just sneak in if the upper limit of 750 is adopted, but they may be waiting to see the final regulations.

Interesting Viking who have itineraries there were not in their conversations.  I think Azamara's issue might also be about fuel types and accessing shore power as much as their size.  Some of the others have new ships built with the latest "green" technologies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Interesting Viking who have itineraries there were not in their conversations.  I think Azamara's issue might also be about fuel types and accessing shore power as much as their size.  Some of the others have new ships built with the latest "green" technologies

Especially since it was the Viking Sky power-loss off Norway in March 2019 that raised the issues about sea rescue for the Svalbard authorities.  But the Viking cruise ships are 930 passengers, which puts them completely out of the running, and their expedition ships are only 378 which puts them in the clear (except for the 'protected areas').

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

My understanding is that Norway is getting stricter with certain ports and the age of Azamara ships and their green credentials means they have precluded them from certain stops. Geiranger and Flåm are two. Looks like Longyearbyan is another casualty. 

Phil 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

My understanding is that Norway is getting stricter with certain ports and the age of Azamara ships and their green credentials means they have precluded them from certain stops. Geiranger and Flåm are two. Looks like Longyearbyan is another casualty. 

Phil 

That does raise some long-term worries.  But Windstar's ability to completely replace the engines on the 'little sisters' they bought from Seabourn may give hope that the R-ships can be updated for a few more decades of life [although I don't think I would like the look if they added a new center section like Windstar did – the R-ships would look like dachshunds!]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Yes, Flam would not even make an exception this year when due to the road closures due to a landslip docking at Vik would have meant no one booked on the railway would be able to get to their excursions.  Even then (and there was no other ship in port) the authorities would not let Azamara dock there.  I think although Im sure a local expert will update us, there are potential issues now emerging with Alesund to do with the shore power arrangements

So glad we were on the July 25 Norway intensive if the new prices are eye watering!  I was disappointed by the exclusion of Flam and Geirainger, both of which were on the cancelled Celebrity Silhouette Aug 2021.  We paid over $1100 USD for the 2 tours to those places.  Didn't think the Flam excursion was worth it but Geirainer was lovely.

• Like 1