After cruise survey

tx121

Just got back from a cruise on the Oasis and received the survey by email. Now there is a part where it says (in some way)did any crew member influence your score or something like that. Our waiter did say “if you enjoyed our service please remember to give us a 10. It really helps us”. We were going to give them a 10 anyway because they deserved it, but has anyone answered yes to the question when asked if a crew member told you to give them a high score? I didn’t want to get anyone in trouble so I answered no. 

Edited by tx121

While we have had many of the wait staff remind us of the survey and how important it is, we have never had anyone come out and say to give them a 10.  They have explained how messed up the grading system is and that anything other than a 10 adversely affects them but I cannot recall any of them specifically stating to rate them as a 10.  

So, I have always answered the question with a 'No.'   

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It's my understanding that RCCL wants their staff to encourage passengers to fill out the survey so I always answer "Yes" which is truthful.  Usually, it's the dining room staff who makes the request.

That is very interesting.I was just thinking about that and it has only been dining room staff members who asked that we give them a 10.

I always give 100%, honest feedback on the surveys. I someone asks me to give them a 10, and the survey asks if anyone did, I say yes. When they ask about the cleanliness of the ship, or the quality of the entertainment, I give them my honest opinion, good or bad. The surveys are created so the company can a feel for how things are going and what they can do to maybe improve the customers' experience. In my opinion, and I know others will disagree, they do not send these surveys out to punish bad service, they send them out to see if there is room for improvement.

• Like 2

I guess, in my mind, is someone is literally "asking" for a 10 ("please give me a 10") or just reminding you of the importance of the surveys, including the impact of not getting a 10.  I have had a couple of cruises where they were almost "begging" to give them 10's (which was really annoying, because they just didn't do it one time, but like five times), and so I put yes.  Other times, the staff is more subtle, and so I put no.

I actually asked someone on board about this. They said, "yes" to the question about whether or not someone asked you to fill out the survey. But they said no one should be asking you to rank them a 10. The surveys really do want your honest opinion. One other thing, try to remember extremely helpful workers names. If you shout them out on the surveys... they get "points" and a certain number of points can help them get time off. So always note who gave exceptional service if you can 🙂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

…I have had a couple of cruises where they were almost "begging" to give them 10's (which was really annoying, because they just didn't do it one time, but like five times), and so I put yes.  Other times, the staff is more subtle, and so I put no.

There was a time where it seemed like they were always begging for a 10. It was very annoying so I put this on the survey. I’m sure others did too because all of a sudden it stopped.

13 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

One other thing, try to remember extremely helpful workers names. If you shout them out on the surveys... they get "points" and a certain number of points can help them get time off. So always note who gave exceptional service if you can 🙂

I have actually started to take pictures of the server cards on the tables to insure I get the full name and/or table # correct....

• Like 4

I always say yes since they always stress the need to submit it.  However, if the server or Head Waiter starts touting how you need to give a 10 because only giving a 10 counts, I immediately stop them.  A 9 is counted exactly the same as a 10.  I used to analyze surveys for a living. All like businesses use the same survey analysis so they can compare scores. 

Edited by sellwingri

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

I always say yes since they always stress the need to submit it.  However, if the server or Head Waiter starts touting how you need to give a 10 because only giving a 10 counts, I immediately stop them.  A 9 is counted exactly the same as a 10.  I used to analyze surveys for a living. All like businesses use the same survey analysis so they can compare scores. 

That's not always true.  I used to work for a major global auto manufacturer and their dealers were only rewarded with better allocations if they always got all 10's.  Anything less than a 10 and it was considered a fail.  

• Like 1

I traveled directly after my cruise and was disappointed when I got home to fill out the survey for my Oasis cruise…the link said it was too late (this was less 2 weeks after I got off the ship). I definitely had some wonderful RCL workers who went above and beyond that I wanted to name, as well as areas that I wanted to recommend improvement.  Anyone have an email to use? Thank you!

19 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Are you saying that companies share their survey results with other companies? 

Many companies use the Net Promoter survey.  It gauges how satisfied people are with whatever is being rated.  Google “Net Promoter” for info on how it works.

7 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Many companies use the Net Promoter survey.  It gauges how satisfied people are with whatever is being rated.  Google “Net Promoter” for info on how it works.

Do businesses share their survey results with other businesses? You indicated that they "compare scores". 

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Do businesses share their survey results with other businesses? You indicated that they "compare scores". 

They’re published in different business sites.  I imagine one company can see other companies scores.

One thing I didn't like was that we had an extended trip and when we finally got home the survey could no longer be accessed...Time was up!  so I didn't get to make any positive comments for our wait staff like I promised...boo hiss, when RCCL started farming out stuff like the survey and Royal up etc.  it all went to pot.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

They’re published in different business sites.  I imagine one company can see other companies scores.

I'm kind of surprised that this is the case. I would think customer survey results would be closely guarded secrets.