New Promo Starting 9/1?

mike&elena

Always so many different experiences! I was able to refare w major savings for our 10/23 Mediterranean cruise today. (A special thank you snd shout out to Michelle on live chat who did it all in under 5 minutes. Bam!) No waiting on live chat to connect — immediate.

I checked and 4 of my booked cruises have this offer. As I said, the cruises are already booked but I see that the prices have gone down $100 per person. I would "think" Princess would allow a simple refare with the OBC added on. We've already paid the full deposits. I guess if they won't go for it I could cancel the existing bookings and make new bookings at the lower rate with the OBC included but that seems pretty stupid if they make me go that route.

Not sure what it is like for bookings with 2 people but I priced out a future cruise I have booked under the “Kids (Third Person) Sails Free” promo and the current Love Boat sale comes out to be $600 more than I paid. When I booked, I sensed that I had found a very good deal and I think this is proving to be true. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could someone explain to me what the $100 shore excursion credit expiring 10/31 means.  Do you have to book shore excursions before then or will it apply to anytime after you have booked your cruise?

I am in the process of transferring my bookings to a TA.  I have a B2B coming up on Princess that I booked directly.  However, it looks increasingly that Princess will not be offering meaningful sales.  If they cannot, that is fine.  I will just go to a TA.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I checked and 4 of my booked cruises have this offer. As I said, the cruises are already booked but I see that the prices have gone down $100 per person. I would "think" Princess would allow a simple refare with the OBC added on. We've already paid the full deposits. I guess if they won't go for it I could cancel the existing bookings and make new bookings at the lower rate with the OBC included but that seems pretty stupid if they make me go that route.

Plus, you may not be able to get the same cabin, if that matters.  To me, the risk of losing a cabin I like is not worth it.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:04 PM, jp2746 said:

Would it be for goodwill credits or FCC?  I have heard that people have been able to get their FCC extended but not their goodwill credits.  

I just noticed yesterday that the expiration dates on my FCCs and Goodwill credits have been extended(various dates).

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

I just noticed yesterday that the expiration dates on my FCCs and Goodwill credits have been extended(various dates).

Mine still say they expire 12/22.  It's okay though because I have my heart set on a November cruise.  It they will refund my money that they erroneously took from me I could book this and be done with it!  I finally had to email customer service.  I have not been able to get a person who can help me unless I stay on hold for hours.  I wish I had that time!  Who knows how long it will take customer service to get back to me...

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

I know you’re on that eclipse sailing with me. My CVP refared that sailing for us under this promo. That meant we kept our coupon book from the original booking and we now have $100 pp OBC. The price of the cabin was $1 less pp. (lol). When my CVP refares OR rebooks he has assured me there is never a risk of losing my original cabin. 

FWIW he also refared the 3 day sailing before the eclipse cruise and 3 others I had booked for fall of 2023. 

5 hours ago, suzyed said:

Your post made me go login and check.  Agree, but to be more specific, our base FCC's from canceled voyages are extended to 12/31/24, but the bonus FCC's associated with the base FCC's remain at 12/31/22 expiry.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I know you’re on that eclipse sailing with me. My CVP refared that sailing for us under this promo. That meant we kept our coupon book from the original booking and we now have $100 pp OBC. The price of the cabin was $1 less pp. (lol). When my CVP refares OR rebooks he has assured me there is never a risk of losing my original cabin. 

FWIW he also refared the 3 day sailing before the eclipse cruise and 3 others I had booked for fall of 2023. 

I re-fared/re-booked our four voyages coming up in October numerous times.  Of course, a simple re-fare never can cause cabin to be lost.  But I also never had an issue when it was a cancel/re-book.  And for three voyages, we wanted to keep that cabin of course so no moves involved.  Agree with your post that it shouldn't be a problem.  I'd say the only time might be some degree of risk is if the category is completely sold out, but then you cannot re-fare and would have to re-book into a different cabin category, so it's a moot point anyway (and why did I bother to mention it??).

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Your post made me go login and check.  Agree, but to be more specific, our base FCC's from canceled voyages are extended to 12/31/24, but the bonus FCC's associated with the base FCC's remain at 12/31/22 expiry.

All of mine have 2023 or 2024 expiration dates now...various months though.

Edited by suzyed

11 minutes ago, suzyed said:

All of mine have 2023 or 2024 expiration dates now...various months though.

I am guessing the new dates must be dependent upon which voyages generated the FCC's (as in which Pause phase), or the circumstances behind the FCC's.  Who knows?  The new dates are fine if for some reason we were going to cancel at this very late date.  But the base FCC's were also refundable, so the date extension doesn't mean a lot.  

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

I am guessing the new dates must be dependent upon which voyages generated the FCC's (as in which Pause phase), or the circumstances behind the FCC's.  Who knows?  The new dates are fine if for some reason we were going to cancel at this very late date.  But the base FCC's were also refundable, so the date extension doesn't mean a lot.  

The FCCs we are using for our NYE cruise have a 2/8/23 exp. date. so we had to sail  then to finally use up our FCCs which were initially earned from 04/2020.  Since they extended the expiration dates we don't HAVE to use them now.  But DH wants to do the NYE cruise anyway...we had such a great cruise  NYE last year so hope this one is just as fun!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, kiwimum said:

Nope it was a current promotion.  Looking for something to do in August 2023.   Love the fjords.

A12E7257-33AF-4D45-86E0-845D075B73A9.png

Where exactly did you find this promo, or was it by chance thru searching various cruises.  I note that you live USA/NZ.  Any chance this is a promo for you folks in the southern hemisphere?

45 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Where exactly did you find this promo, or was it by chance thru searching various cruises.  I note that you live USA/NZ.  Any chance this is a promo for you folks in the southern hemisphere?

Nope,  we live in San Diego.  Just happened to search on the Northern Lights cruise based on reviews I had seen.  We were a little hesitant on booking a cruise out of Southampton based on our May cruise experience, but when I was able to book our favorite cabin decided it was worth the risk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I re-fared/re-booked our four voyages coming up in October numerous times.  Of course, a simple re-fare never can cause cabin to be lost.  But I also never had an issue when it was a cancel/re-book.  And for three voyages, we wanted to keep that cabin of course so no moves involved.  Agree with your post that it shouldn't be a problem.  I'd say the only time might be some degree of risk is if the category is completely sold out, but then you cannot re-fare and would have to re-book into a different cabin category, so it's a moot point anyway (and why did I bother to mention it??).

It’s actually good that you mentioned it. My cabin category is sold out on 80% of my bookings when a new promo starts. My CVP can and does refare me to a better promo regardless. He occasionally has to rebook me (if it’s in my best interests).
People need to know that a knowledgeable CVP can do this. A few years ago he did give me the comeback of “well your category is sold out I can’t do anything”. I rebutted with 

the fact that S0, S1 and S2 category cabins have only 1 or two cabins hence are immediately sold out so why is Princess penalizing me for booking them?  
This has now transitioned to other categories I’ve booked being re-fared after being sold out. I don’t always sail in the upper suites. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:46 PM, Happiest when cruising said:

Your son should have received 100.00, even if he only had the 1.00 deposit. That is what we received on a cancelled cruise with that 1.00 deposit. 

Each cancellation has had its own set of rules.

Early on the cancellations had a minimum FCC of $100 even if the actual deposit had been less.

Lately the cancellations have just had FCCs for the actual deposit with no minimum. So if the deposit was just $1, then the FCC would be just $1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

But the base FCC's were also refundable, so the date extension doesn't mean a lot.  

It means that people are more likely to keep the FCC and use it for a future Princess cruise instead of getting the $$$ back and using for a cruise on another cruise line.

Thus it is the best interest of Princess to extend the use of those FCCs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Each cancellation has had its own set of rules.

Early on the cancellations had a minimum FCC of $100 even if the actual deposit had been less.

Lately the cancellations have just had FCCs for the actual deposit with no minimum. So if the deposit was just $1, then the FCC would be just $1.

That makes sense. Thanks… there have been a couple of cancellations this year for us. It’s hard to keep track. I see I received 100.00 OBC from the most recent cancellation instead. The cancellation letter offered that deal,  if I booked another cruise before May 31… which I did.