Labor Day Sale Key went down to $16.99

27 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:
  • Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1.This means absolutely nothing because we all get that (within booked arrival time)
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.  We pay a porter $10 for the same thing
  • Private time at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more.NAH!
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore. Uh ugh
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu.  OK Maybe but you can get this for $21.99
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70 (reservation is needed). Already got that as D+
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet. Already got that as D+
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.Again

I think it’s pretty clear that it’s not worth the expense if you’re D+ or in a suite. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Thank you. I guess I had access to that description if I'd bothered to login to my cruise planner and read it 😂

Since the priority access is only into the terminal, and not onto the ship, and since the VIP seating still needs to be reserved, I'm seeing less value in The Key now. 

Private time at the flow rider would benefit my daughter, but not enough to pay the extra money for the key. I think my "buy" price is gonna be $18/person, and it doesn't appear that it will go that low for my cruise so I'm out. 

"Private" along with all the other purchasers of "The Key". Could be busier than normal times. 

• Like 1

Agree with you @BecciBoo. The reserved sections of the venues are not worth it for any cabin type IMHO - we’ve been on large and small ships in the past six months and on all (and all venues) there were plenty of seats available up until very close to showtime. Even the suites/D+/P reserved seating isn’t particularly better than any other place in the theater as I see it  (and on most sailings that reserved section was in the balcony area. Plus, that reserved area and is opened to everyone about 15 min before showtime. If you aren’t in a suite/D+/P, it seems the only reason to buy the Key is if it is very, very close to the price of Voom /stream and you intended to get that anyway.

Edited by AlohaLivin

2 hours ago, blueslily said:

Thanks for sharing the math and that The key is about which inclusions matter to each person. 

One note about "early boarding". I've seen people use that language a lot when talking about The Key. The language in The Key inclusions is a little different than that. It does not actually reference early boarding of the ship. Just wanted to share that so you and others might not be disappointed when it comes to that. 🙂 Sure, it helps with boarding, but the language is just a bit different. 

I will continue to watch for any price drops for The Key. It's good for one device,  but we want two. I check daily. 🙂

I watched videos about the key before I booked it. And yes you are one of the first to board. You board with the pinnacles and diamond plus passengers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Mine is still on '30% off sale' but the base price went back up so again at $24.99. Glad I grabbed it for $16.99 when it was down.

I think when you see a price like that that's so much lower than normal you have to grab it fast and ask questions later. 😂

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sillygirl82 said:

The Key on my sailing just went up from 19.99 to 28.99.  Glad I got it at the cheaper price.  Should i just carry on all my luggage and drop it off to be delivered?  

Thanks!  

Same here. I think that was a mistake that was finally caught.

• Like 1

Just now, love2crews. said:

Can prices changes throughout the day?  Or does it "refresh" at midnight (or whatever time) and stay that price for the remainder of the day?

They can change throughout the day. I have seen it happen a couple of times with different sailings.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, love2crews. said:

Can prices changes throughout the day?  Or does it "refresh" at midnight (or whatever time) and stay that price for the remainder of the day?

They can change. When I posted earlier today, my cruise planner showed $20.99/day. I just looked again and now it's $30.99/day. The "sale" countdown claims there's still 5 hours left of the current sale. I'm sure in 5 hours it'll re-set itself to say "sale extended" and it'll just be the same prices fluctuating for the next 36 hours. 

The other thing that can change within the same day is the price of your actual cruise. I got 3 price drops within 24 hours a couple months ago. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

They can change. When I posted earlier today, my cruise planner showed $20.99/day. I just looked again and now it's $30.99/day. The "sale" countdown claims there's still 5 hours left of the current sale. I'm sure in 5 hours it'll re-set itself to say "sale extended" and it'll just be the same prices fluctuating for the next 36 hours. 

The other thing that can change within the same day is the price of your actual cruise. I got 3 price drops within 24 hours a couple months ago. 

WOW!  That's insane.  Didn't realize the cruise fare itself could fluctuate so much in a single day.

1 hour ago, love2crews. said:

WOW!  That's insane.  Didn't realize the cruise fare itself could fluctuate so much in a single day.

I don't think it's typical, but it does happen. I check my cruise prices, and the prices of the items in my cruise planner, at least twice a day (usually in the morning and evening). That's the only time I've seen it happen 3 times that close together. In the last 5 months, I've gotten 5 price drops, worth almost $600 in total, so it's worth it to check. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, Jyllie63 said:

I booked this for our cruise because it was cheaper than internet. My daughter does not want it so I tried to cancel and it tells me non-refundable. It's not the end of the world if I can't refund it, but I've always been able to cancel cruise planner items before so this surprised me. Has anyone been able to cancel after it was booked?

I had to pay a higher price for the cruise because I wanted to have a refundable deposit.  Apparently there are 2 prices now.

14 minutes ago, twopackages said:

I had to pay a higher price for the cruise because I wanted to have a refundable deposit.  Apparently there are 2 prices now.

Having a refundable cruise fare doesn't have anything to do with whether you can cancel cruise planner items. 

No idea why the previous person couldn't cancel their Internet package for a refund, other than they might be within 2 days of their sailing? 

On 9/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, twins_to_alaska said:

Mine is still on '30% off sale' but the base price went back up so again at $24.99. Glad I grabbed it for $16.99 when it was down.

Mine was also at $16.99. Put in my cart, however, did not "purchase" it and now it's up to $28.00  ugggg

Someone posted the Key was at a much lower rate Sunday for our Mariner cruise 9/24.  I looked for the heck of it and it was $17.99 which makes it a total of $25 more than what we paid for just the internet package.  I booked the Key and canceled the internet.  Being able to drop off our carry-ons and have them delivered when cabins open, plus the Chops/MDR lunch is worth it for us.  Looked again a few hours later due to a post about prices changing again and it had gone up to $28.99!

3 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

Mine was also at $16.99. Put in my cart, however, did not "purchase" it and now it's up to $28.00  ugggg

Same (except it's $32 now - no way!).  I thought I'd have till the end of the "sale."  So was going to complete purchasing today.  

Starting to wonder if it was a mistake that just got caught...