Figured Out the Celebrity Plot!

Denny01

I know few of us get exposed to Conspiracies (yeah right), but I just figured out what Celebrity is doing to get me (and You!) to book more cruises!!

Ever since Celebrity added that ‘View the Health and Safety Protocols’ tab, I find myself going to the Celebrity website over and over again. Weekly…Daily…Hrly hoping upon hope that Bermuda actually wants us to visit!!  And of course while there……why not check out a few cruises. That’s it!! That’s the reason they have it.

Celebrity changes the length of cruises not requiring testing; then changes the days you have to test prior to boarding; then changes the type of tests; then…..

Its all a plot to get us to keep coming back to their website.

Proof?? Look at my signature! I have 6, yes 6 cruises booked…heck I have a B2B in 2024….I may very well be Dead by then!!

I wonder if since Italy still only requires a non-monitored test (mine or my wife’s or our hotel neighbors!!) and hope Bermuda changes so I dont have to test 5 or 6 times onboard!! Or I see another CruiseCritic thread saying something has changed on some port in Upper Volta that I’ll Never visit…..I still go check it out!! So CruiseCritic is in on it too!!

I just figured this out when I grumbled that Celebrity hasn’t added more 2024 itineraries!! And I know I’m in trouble because this post has over a dozen “!’s”…my wife is going to take my iPad away!!! (Another 3!!…oh no another..)

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 22

I just booked #10 today.  And the website wasn’t the culprit, it was because someone mentioning they were booked on the Ascent!  It hit I messed up!  We don’t have anything booked for that new ship, quickly I fixed that mistake. I’ll sleep better tonight😂

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I know few of us get exposed to Conspiracies (yeah right), but I just figured out what Celebrity is doing to get me (and You!) to book more cruises!!

Ever since Celebrity added that ‘View the Health and Safety Protocols’ tab, I find myself going to the Celebrity website over and over again. Weekly…Daily…Hrly hoping upon hope that Bermuda actually wants us to visit!!  And of course while there……why not check out a few cruises. That’s it!! That’s the reason they have it.

Celebrity changes the length of cruises not requiring testing; then changes the days you have to test prior to boarding; then changes the type of tests; then…..

Its all a plot to get us to keep coming back to their website.

Proof?? Look at my signature! I have 6, yes 6 cruises booked…heck I have a B2B in 2024….I may very well be Dead by then!!

I wonder if since Italy still only requires a non-monitored test (mine or my wife’s or our hotel neighbors!!) and hope Bermuda changes so I dont have to test 5 or 6 times onboard!! Or I see another CruiseCritic thread saying something has changed on some port in Upper Volta that I’ll Never visit…..I still go check it out!! So CruiseCritic is in on it too!!

I just figured this out when I grumbled that Celebrity hasn’t added more 2024 itineraries!! And I know I’m in trouble because this post has over a dozen “!’s”…my wife is going to take my iPad away!!! (Another 3!!…oh no another..)

Den

The plot thickens!!  😂

We feel your pain! But for us Celebrity first teased us with those Power Up Points when cruising was shut down for so long. During the downtime we accumulated over 100 CC points and were only a few short of reaching Elite+. So, of course, we had to book a B3B on the Edge to get us to that next level. Then we had to book a B2B on the Apex to enjoy all those free bags of laundry. Then there was the Captains Club 2 for 1 sale in early December, so we had to book a B2B on the Constellation. Then there was a Lift&Shift of a super cheap Reflection B2B we booked prior to the shutdown we just couldn’t ignore. But the big attraction, as we are so tired of the Caribbean now, was an awesome B2B on the Summit to Greenland and Iceland we just finished! Yup, Celebrity definitely knew what buttons to push to keep us interested, that’s for sure.

But, it’s now time to decompress for a couple of cruises on a 38 day NCL B2B to Africa along with a few other places and then a short Disney cruise on the Wish before we head out in the spring on a B3B on the Eclipse from Sydney to Vancouver!

Yup, Celebrity definitely has our number!! 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's strange...I haven't seen a Cruisers Anonymous here on the CC site...but I'm starting to think there might be a need for one.

I know...I know...you can stop whenever you want (or when you run out of money...lol!)...

I have a bumper sticker (remember those) 'I have no cruise control...the cruises keep booking themselves.' 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Definitely a conspiracy! Through no fault of my own, somehow i ended up with 5 booked. Then Celebrity had a flash sale and I was forced to add #6 as a b2b with #1.

Now, thanks to @Ken the cruiser and @Jim_Iain and their nefarious trip reports 😀 ....I'm waiting for 2024 Iceland, which may add 2.....maybe 3......

Darn you, Celebrity! Darn you, Cruise Critic!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

42 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Denny,

Unrelated question, you mentioned see your upcoming cruises in your signature.  I’ve seen that comment often but can’t figure out how to do that.suggestions?  Thanks. 

Go to your Account Settings, tapping your name, select Signature and there is a box you turn on to show signatures. Sometimes on smaller screens such as a phone you need to tap Expand at the bottom of a write up. 

den

9 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Thanks Denny.  Will give it a try.

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Go to your Account Settings, tapping your name, select Signature and there is a box you turn on to show signatures. Sometimes on smaller screens such as a phone you need to tap Expand at the bottom of a write up. 

den

If you are using an iPhone, after tapping on Account Settings link you will then need to tap on the new "Settings Area" link to see the Signature link.