Reservation has drink package showing as cancelled???

wesport

Just now, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Same issue here. Drinks package added to cruise planner after booking an all included rate. Now it's listed as cancelled. Wifi still shows as booked.

Maybe they are trying to add functionality to allow for upgrades to premium via the cruise planner instead of having to call in and the database needed a change to accommodate that? Just a guess. 

Wifi always had a "title" and you could read what the order represented.  The only way you could tell the drink package order was the drink package was because of the photo.  Maybe they are trying to fix that (though it seems like an odd way to go about that)

We have the AI for our September 2022 and March 2023 cruises.  No changes to AI for the September cruise. For our March 2023 cruise AI drinks (CBP) and Wi-Fi  have been cancelled but not the gratuities. I'll call Celebrity in a couple of days if the CBP and Wi-Fi haven't been added back on to the March 2023 reservation. I'm sure Celebrity's phones are tied up with other experiencing the same issues. 

Thanks @wesport for the heads up. 

Edited by davekathy

59 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Same issue here. Drinks package added to cruise planner after booking an all included rate. Now it's listed as cancelled. Wifi still shows as booked.

Dec 2022 Summit.

Maybe they are trying to add functionality to allow for upgrades to premium via the cruise planner instead of having to call in and the database needed a change to accommodate that? Just a guess. 

Sounds like a good idea, but we all know Celebrity’s IT department hasn’t been the greatest.  🙁

I emailed my CVP about our drink packages and she reassured me that they haven't been cancelled.  I sent her screen shots to forward on to IT.  I would have thought I would have gotten the "this is a known problem" response but if it is it hasn't been conveyed to the CVPs  🙂  

Keep your confirmation emails! The way Celebrity displays cruise information is my one pet peeve.  

• Like 2

Thanks to the OP starting this thread, I also went on to check and have the same message of "cancelled" for my drink package.  Like others, I assume (hope!) it is simply an IT glitch and will revert back the way it should be within a few days. 

However I also noticed that the gratuities (booked AI) did not show at all as an order but the WiFi does.  Have never booked under the AI system before so is this normal that they do not show the prepaid grats under the order history?  TIA to anyone who can answer this for me.

2 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

Have never booked under the AI system before so is this normal that they do not show the prepaid grats under the order history? 

I was told by the Celebrity rep on the phone that gratuities are handled via a different system and don't show up in the plan my cruise system. Don't worry about it. The invoice is king.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Thanks to the OP starting this thread, I also went on to check and have the same message of "cancelled" for my drink package.  Like others, I assume (hope!) it is simply an IT glitch and will revert back the way it should be within a few days. 

Anybody seen any update on this ?  Do we need to be concerned that our drinks packages are suddenly showing as "cancelled" or can we just ignore it and put it down as a glitch / Celebrity IT problems ?   

Seems to be affecting a good number of people on here (and so I assume a lot more who are not on here) - so assume Celebrity are well aware of the issue ?   

11 minutes ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Anybody seen any update on this ?  Do we need to be concerned that our drinks packages are suddenly showing as "cancelled" or can we just ignore it and put it down as a glitch / Celebrity IT problems ?   

Seems to be affecting a good number of people on here (and so I assume a lot more who are not on here) - so assume Celebrity are well aware of the issue ?   

My TA has checked with Celebrity.  It has been “restored “ on my booking.  She spoke with Celebrity and said “they also think it’s a glitch”.  I actually got a new email from Celebrity showing it booked, as if it was just done.

3 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

My CVP basically said since it's on my confirmation all is well.  She doubled checked it and it still showed on their system.  Just checked my cruise planner and it still shows cancelled.  I'm not going to worry about it but will check it again in a week or so

On 9/7/2022 at 10:26 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I was told by the Celebrity rep on the phone that gratuities are handled via a different system and don't show up in the plan my cruise system. Don't worry about it. The invoice is king.

Thank you so much!

We have the cancelled message against our drinks package too. Our TA advises that Celebrity are making changes to remove the elevate and indulge packages for future bookings but for existing bookings you still get the drinks package you opted for and shows on your invoice. Our Xpress pass has PALL showing (Premium AI) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, britishcruisers2 said:

We have the cancelled message against our drinks package too. Our TA advises that Celebrity are making changes to remove the elevate and indulge packages for future bookings but for existing bookings you still get the drinks package you opted for and shows on your invoice. Our Xpress pass has PALL showing (Premium AI) 

Correct.  Exact same info from our TA.  All the features of our elevate pkg remain intact.  Whew!   You just have to love Celebrity’s IT efforts 🤪

Same for us on the Solstice in Aqua with AI.  This kind of "glitch" wastes a lot of time and $$ for travel agents and X phone reps.  Luckily we are retired and have time to waste but in this job market  I'll bet X would rather be booking cruises than wasting time confirming that it was an IT error for hundreds of callers.  Just saying.

3 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Same for us on the Solstice in Aqua with AI.  This kind of "glitch" wastes a lot of time and $$ for travel agents and X phone reps.  Luckily we are retired and have time to waste but in this job market  I'll bet X would rather be booking cruises than wasting time confirming that it was an IT error for hundreds of callers.  Just saying.

Best thing for X to do would be to arrange for their IT team to reverse the "cancellation" on the CP to save everyone the time and effort (and worry)  

I just got off the phone with X enhancements and they confirmed that although they can see that we have the CBP through the AI, they couldn't fix it in my cruise planner since our booking is a group booking through our TA (large online company). I called my TA who contacted X and they added it back, I got a confirmation email (2 in fact) from X and a call back from the TA confirming that it's been added back (even though at their end it never left). I logged back into my cruise planner and it's now showing in my order history. X IT at work...you've just got to shake your head.🤪

6 hours ago, OT-Miami said:

Wondering if anyone has seen any resolution to this issue, as our order histories are still showing the beverage packages cancelled...

Ours was resolved after our TA called Celebrity.  Sent me the new Order History as an email attachment.  We were able to check in on Sunday and when we pulled up the Express Passes they show PALL, so we should be good!