Carnival Pride 10-day cruise to (Pompeii), (Mt. Etna), Mykonos, Santorini, Athens, Olympia, Turkey, plus train around Italy

IntrepidFromDC

The 55-minute train ride from Rome to Civitavecchia was beautiful,  sorry no pics as I got lucky with 4 trainmates all on the Pride and they were both interesting and fun. Once we got to port it got ugly. The first pic is outside of cruise terminal from Lido, second is inside of cruise terminal,  last 2 are surrounding area from Lido deck left and right. 

20220911_175832.jpg

20220911_145555.jpg

20220911_175817.jpg

20220911_175826.jpg

• Like 2

My DH and I are on this very cruise October 18, 2023.  So excited to be reading your review!  Rome looks incredible.  We are spending a day and night in Venice, a day and night in Florence then three days and two nights in Rome before our cruise.  Any other cafes/restaurants in Rome besides L'altra Guancia you can recommend?  I'm planning on having lunch there after our tour of the Vatican Museum.  Thx for writing this up!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

After a shower and muster I headed straight to Alchemy hoping someone would have their monkey on the bar, alas no such luck.

20220911_180702.jpg

20220911_180818.jpg

Well, some things just write themselves...my new favorite to order from the Alchemy...Monkey On The Bar!!  Make it a barrel!

• Haha 9

I don't know how St Greg does it,  I can't keep my posts up with the day! Today,  the cruise down the Italian coast was spectacular.  Kinda like Alaska where you don't just have open water on both sides of the ship on Fun Days At Sea... Italy has town after town of seaside villages perched on the mountains that go from sea to sky.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is helping me get (even more) excited about my B2B2B coming up in just under a month.  I saw most of the sites in Rome while on a private tour on the Vista inaugural.  But didn't get to see the ruins.  That's my plan for 10/10 - to see the Colosseum and the Forum.

I believe I asked this of someone who sailed earlier this summer from Dover - do they have any loungers out on the Promenade deck?  I don't think I've ever seen a ship that had absolutely NO seating out there.  Although Carnival is all about FUN FUN FUN, sometimes I just want to sit somewhere quiet with a book and read and/or look at the water.  Being on the ship for 32 days, and having interior cabins, it would be nice to have somewhere to retreat with no crowds or blaring bad pop music.

Sure hope those roulette wheels are going to be nice to me this trip. 😁

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

This is helping me get (even more) excited about my B2B2B coming up in just under a month.  I saw most of the sites in Rome while on a private tour on the Vista inaugural.  But didn't get to see the ruins.  That's my plan for 10/10 - to see the Colosseum and the Forum.

I believe I asked this of someone who sailed earlier this summer from Dover - do they have any loungers out on the Promenade deck?  I don't think I've ever seen a ship that had absolutely NO seating out there.  Although Carnival is all about FUN FUN FUN, sometimes I just want to sit somewhere quiet with a book and read and/or look at the water.  Being on the ship for 32 days, and having interior cabins, it would be nice to have somewhere to retreat with no crowds or blaring bad pop music.

Sure hope those roulette wheels are going to be nice to me this trip. 😁

Yes, there are plenty of loungers on Lido and Serenity is open. The ship does not feel full.

On 9/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, ninjacat123 said:

My DH and I are on this very cruise October 18, 2023.  So excited to be reading your review!  Rome looks incredible.  We are spending a day and night in Venice, a day and night in Florence then three days and two nights in Rome before our cruise.  Any other cafes/restaurants in Rome besides L'altra Guancia you can recommend?  I'm planning on having lunch there after our tour of the Vatican Museum.  Thx for writing this up!

I am sailing on the Oct 18, 2023 also.  Can't wait!!!

• Like 2