Quantum & Ovation Plus - 30 Day Live (hopefully)

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Anyone know how to type the letter e with an acute accent mark over it on CC?  On my computer at home, I recall CC autocorrecting words like cafe to include the accent mark. Doesn’t seem to work on my phone and the perfectionist in me hates typing rose without the accent over the e. 

Try typing it in Notes.  When I type café, it brings that up as one of the options.   As an alternate, the iPhone lets you load several keyboards.  You can always load a French keyboard, and use that one for the words with accents. 

• Like 1

To be clear, Kim Crawford is available in several places, just not the pub. 🤷🏼‍♂️  Micheline also likes Whispering Angel rose. She can get it at Vintages and the Two70 bar, but not Schooner or Music Hall. Again 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

ooh I do love some whispering angel! maybe a bottle of each!

Micheline, Crystal and I have the same taste in wine.  I’m a KC girl with Nobilo an acceptable substitute.  I also never cared much for rose because of the sweetness.  I had this one at a friends house, it was very good but I haven’t been able to find it near me.  

97206959-E255-48BE-905A-E7852EB14B74.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone know how to type the letter e with an acute accent mark over it on CC?  On my computer at home

Ï ãm tÿpìng thįs wīth mÿ îPåd.  Whèn tÿpïng, hõld down ön thé lęttêr yóü wånt tõ åccēnt.

If the above vowels are not accented, then CC did not allow the accents.  

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Looks like it workèd🧐
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ï ãm tÿpìng thįs wīth mÿ îPåd.  Whèn tÿpïng, hõld down ön thé lęttêr yóü wånt tõ åccēnt.

If the above vowels are not accented, then CC did not allow the accents.  

Thanks!  That worked. I’m can now properly spell rosé. It’s good to learn something new each day. 😁

• Like 5

Biker mentioned, in one of the CC threads somewhere, the glass floor staircase between deck 14 and 13 on Ovation (all Quantum class??). We never noticed it on Quantum and almost missed it on Ovation. It’s definitely a

long way down!

Coming down from deck 14:
C0F8F916-1DBE-48AE-941A-2AFA2AFA654A.thumb.jpeg.2117d3ad8d068eec8c4534b09fdec75d.jpeg

Looking down through to deck 5 below:

D5870DD6-A121-497E-A5D5-B596B83CB185.thumb.jpeg.b760c91f45251df2e6ccc213f39c81e4.jpeg

Looking up from deck 5:

C5FC0AA9-C2AA-4D37-BA4E-B666FFEFB1E7.thumb.jpeg.fde9ae2a3a51d9f67013733bfc203856.jpeg

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks!  That worked. I’m can now properly spell rosé. It’s good to learn something new each day. 😁

Your  welcome. I had to figure that out when posting temperatures.  It's 71⁰ out right now.  You can get ⁰ by holding zero down.  ⁸ all numbers do it¹  too.  5 and lower do fractions, well at least ⅝ of the time.  😆 

Now back to our regularly scheduled live review.   🥳

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I also never cared much for rose because of the sweetness.  I had this one at a friends house, it was very good but I haven’t been able to find it near me.  

97206959-E255-48BE-905A-E7852EB14B74.jpeg

I always go by the rule of thumb, the lighter the colour, the dryer the rose. Sweet rose tends to be a brighter pink 

• Like 1

Good morning from, we’ll still from the Pacific Ocean. We’ve sailed 1773 nautical miles so far. 

F73330B3-4A77-47EE-BEFC-969691D9D4FC.thumb.jpeg.83ad6df53aca36305cfc33b01845ce04.jpeg

Should be a beautiful day today. Currently 73°F (thanks John 😉). I imagine that the pool deck will be crowded. 

More to come…

• Like 4

We missed what was probably a pretty fantastic sunset last night. I say probably because we didn’t get to see him it during the prime viewing time. Here’s what it looked like 12 minutes before actual sunset time. 

14CB17C2-6097-4850-AD56-106C28E165F6.thumb.jpeg.c2386d9d9d8fa7c85e71614ccd991f9c.jpeg

Pretty nice. For me, prime viewing is a couple of minutes after actual sunset when the colors are best. We then went to the SL for a happy hour drink. Good view from the SL out the back of the ship. 

BF609876-5324-45CC-9E2A-9A49F22539AF.thumb.jpeg.845614799aa37782f5d14d9c9f999d57.jpeg

We returned to our cabin quickly before heading to CK for dinner and caught the remnants of the sunset, about 20 minutes after sunset. 

0B0641D2-2963-47D0-8654-16E372F5880B.thumb.jpeg.00ff51dd2e650a81478295ef2ae24d68.jpeg

Also pretty nice. Difficult decision…stay on our balcony and watch the entire sunset or go to HH. Actually, not really that difficult. There will be another sunset tomorrow. 😁

• Like 10

Just did a quick lap around deck 14 to check out the pool situation. At 9:00, the outdoor pool had a handful of lounge chairs still available but there was nothing left in the Solarium. Plenty of open seats still in the indoor pool area. I’ve never seen this form of chair hogging before. 🤣

1C980F46-02FC-4E20-9F39-E91A68BEA128.thumb.jpeg.b331890c90a9dfb54724c278835a5353.jpeg

• Haha 7

Micheline ordered a Kim Crawford SB is in the SL last night. No KC. How about the Robert Mondavi then?  Sorry, no RM either. What SB do you have?  We have Sea Ridge. What the heck is Sea Ridge?  A quick Google search says that you can buy a bottle for about $5. I think Boones Farm is more expensive. And tastes better. 

I’m looking for drink suggestions.  I’ve done several variations of the Old Fashioned (rum, tequila, southern comfort aka New Fashioned). I’ve had bourbon on the rooks. I’ve done Kraken in a Miami Vice, a Colada, a Pain Killer and a Rum Runner. I’ve had a Mojito and a Moscow Mule. I’ve even brought lemonade from the Windjammer to make my home grown Bourbon Raspberry Lemonade. 

What other drinks should I try?

• Like 2

We had to cancel this cruise because Covid struck……our TA submitted our positive test and my credit card had the refund from RCCL yesterday!

We did have vacation protection plan and everything else was refunded. Also had Allianz for flights and hotel, maybe they will be as quick.

I appreciate the quick response from Royal.

I am enjoying this review also, thank you! (Originally from the Finger Lakes area-now northern CA)

Edited by cruising twosome

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline ordered a Kim Crawford SB is in the SL last night. No KC. How about the Robert Mondavi then?  Sorry, no RM either. What SB do you have?  We have Sea Ridge. What the heck is Sea Ridge?  A quick Google search says that you can buy a bottle for about $5. I think Boones Farm is more expensive. And tastes better. 

I’m looking for drink suggestions.  I’ve done several variations of the Old Fashioned (rum, tequila, southern comfort aka New Fashioned). I’ve had bourbon on the rooks. I’ve done Kraken in a Miami Vice, a Colada, a Pain Killer and a Rum Runner. I’ve had a Mojito and a Moscow Mule. I’ve even brought lemonade from the Windjammer to make my home grown Bourbon Raspberry Lemonade. 

What other drinks should I try?

Long Island Ice Tea

Boston Tea Party

Lemon Drop Martini

Cosmopolitan

John Colins 

Tanqueray and (soda, tonic, cranberry, etc..)

Slow Comfortable Southern Screw  (screwdriver with a shot of Southern Comfort) 

Bacardi 8 or Pyrit on the rocks (single large ice cube is better)

As for Micheline - Does she like Pinot Grigio?  My wife normally drinks that on cruises. 

10 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

We had to cancel this cruise because Covid struck……our TA submitted our positive test and my credit card had the refund from RCCL yesterday!

We did have vacation protection plan and everything else was refunded. Also had Allianz for flights and hotel, maybe they will be as quick.

I appreciate the quick response from Royal.

I am enjoying this review also, thank you! (Originally from the Finger Lakes area-now northern CA)

Sorry that you had to cancel due to Covid.  Good to hear that Royal was quick with the refund.

We were sitting in an outdoor restaurant on Maui a few years ago talking to the couple next to us who were from northern CA. They were staying on Maui for a month. They said (at the time), it was fairly cheap to fly from CA to HI. The trip from the east coast to HI is so long that it’s not

something I would do regularly but if I could fly there quickly from CA, I’d probably go every year.   Is a quick trip from CA to HI something that people do?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Have you tried any of the Boston Ice tea?

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Long Island Ice Tea

Boston Tea Party

Lemon Drop Martini

Cosmopolitan

John Colins 

Tanqueray and (soda, tonic, cranberry, etc..)

Slow Comfortable Southern Screw  (screwdriver with a shot of Southern Comfort) 

Bacardi 8 or Pyrit on the rocks (single large ice cube is better)

As for Micheline - Does she like Pinot Grigio?  My wife normally drinks that on cruises. 

Boston Ice Tea (same as a Boston Tea Party?)…great idea. I used to enjoy Gin & Tonic quite a bit but for some reason got away from them. Also a great idea.

Micheline used to drink Pinot Grigio but switched to SB several years ago. She’ll still drink PG as a backup, like she did last night after trying the Sea Ridge SB. 😝

• Like 2