Quantum & Ovation Plus - 30 Day Live (hopefully)

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Boston Ice Tea (same as a Boston Tea Party?)…great idea. I used to enjoy Gin & Tonic quite a bit but for some reason got away from them. Also a great idea.

I have never heard of a Boston Ice Tea.  

From Difford's Guide:

Boston Tea Party: (served in Collins Glass)

1/2 oz   Ketel One Vodka

1/2 oz   Dewars 12 year old scotch

1/2 oz  Tripple Sec

1/2 oz  Navy rum

1/2 oz  Rutte Dry Gin

1/2 oz  Patron Reposado 

1/2 oz  Noilly Prat Extra Dry

1/2 oz freshly squeezed orange juice

1 oz     freshly squeezed lime juice

1/2 oz Sugar syrup 

top off with Coke (or Pepsi) 

Add orange slice to garnish. 

Obviously you can substitute brands as necessary. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Johnny Rockets milkshake!!  🚀 😋

Might be a little difficult.  Unless I missed something, I do not believe there is a Johnny Rocket's on Ovation, I know there is not one on Quantum as I've sailed on Quantum last month. 

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Might be a little difficult.  Unless I missed something, I do not believe there is a Johnny Rocket's on Ovation, I know there is not one on Quantum as I've sailed on Quantum last month. 

I don't remember one on Ovation.   

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don't remember one on Ovation.   

Yup. No Johnny Rockets on Ovation. 

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry that you had to cancel due to Covid.  Good to hear that Royal was quick with the refund.

We were sitting in an outdoor restaurant on Maui a few years ago talking to the couple next to us who were from northern CA. They were staying on Maui for a month. They said (at the time), it was fairly cheap to fly from CA to HI. The trip from the east coast to HI is so long that it’s not

something I would do regularly but if I could fly there quickly from CA, I’d probably go every year.   Is a quick trip from CA to HI something that people do?

Yes, a quick 5.5 hours….have been there a number of times, but most vacations lately have been cruises❤️🛳

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Boston Ice Tea (same as a Boston Tea Party?)…great idea. I used to enjoy Gin & Tonic quite a bit but for some reason got away from them. Also a great idea.

Micheline used to drink Pinot Grigio but switched to SB several years ago. She’ll still drink PG as a backup, like she did last night after trying the Sea Ridge SB. 😝

Always good to have a backup 😁.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is a quick trip from CA to HI something that people do?

My son takes his family once or twice a year from CA.  It is a nice school break trip for them. 

The last time they went to Honolulu, but their preference is Maui.  I have to say that Maui is my preference also. 

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My son takes his family once or twice a year from CA.  It is a nice school break trip for them. 

The last time they went to Honolulu, but their preference is Maui.  I have to say that Maui is my preference also. 

Completely agree. This will be our first time to Kauai so will interesting to compare to Maui. 

• Like 1

I felt guilty and had to order another Dark & Stormy, this time with Kraken. I feel better now.  Micheline decide to break open our D+ amenity bottle of champagne. I kinda like this D+ thing. There are no champagne flutes in the cabin so she’s drinking from a water goblet. She’s fancy like that. 

68DA35E4-68D0-4BB0-92E0-4C8DA867B706.thumb.jpeg.b6970a9a9bb84fc5f346fbc3cf01660d.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Speaking of D+ amenities, a couple of days ago we loaded up a free laundry bag with underwear, socks, a couple of shirts, and a couple of pairs of jeans.  They came back a day later in perfect condition. We hopefully won’t need the jeans anymore but the clean underwear will definitely be useful. Thirty days away from laundry is a long time. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We missed what was probably a pretty fantastic sunset last night.

Fantastic pics!

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’ve never seen this form of chair hogging before. 🤣

1C980F46-02FC-4E20-9F39-E91A68BEA128.thumb.jpeg.b331890c90a9dfb54724c278835a5353.jpeg

Guess they were really going for the guilt trip if someone moved it.

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Current situation. Life is good. 

A51D74F1-9DB4-4661-85E7-BB1194920CC3.thumb.jpeg.b87ef39cf5a19310abc43772e8fbad10.jpeg

@Ocean Boy Would be proud.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline ordered a Kim Crawford SB is in the SL last night. No KC. How about the Robert Mondavi then?  Sorry, no RM either. What SB do you have?  We have Sea Ridge. What the heck is Sea Ridge?  A quick Google search says that you can buy a bottle for about $5. I think Boones Farm is more expensive. And tastes better. 

I’m looking for drink suggestions.  I’ve done several variations of the Old Fashioned (rum, tequila, southern comfort aka New Fashioned). I’ve had bourbon on the rooks. I’ve done Kraken in a Miami Vice, a Colada, a Pain Killer and a Rum Runner. I’ve had a Mojito and a Moscow Mule. I’ve even brought lemonade from the Windjammer to make my home grown Bourbon Raspberry Lemonade. 

What other drinks should I try?

Cognac Based:

Hennesy Old Fashioned

Brandy Alexander

French 75

Lavendar Daiquiri In Schooner

Cape Cod for John

Espresso Martini

Frozen

Lava Flow

Mastercard

Mudslide

BBC (Baileys Banana Colada)

When you get through with those let me know I have more.🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Fantastic pics!

Guess they were really going for the guilt trip if someone moved it.

@Ocean Boy Would be proud.

Cognac Based:

Hennesy Old Fashioned

Brandy Alexander

French 75

Lavendar Daiquiri In Schooner

Cape Cod for John

Espresso Martini

Frozen

Lava Flow

Mastercard

Mudslide

When you get through with those let me know I have more.🤪

It might take me a minute to get through your list. If I remember, a Brandy Alexander would be a nice nightcap tonight. Lava Flow and Mudslide at the pool tomorrow. I’m not a fan of cranberry juice so that rules out a cosmo and a Cape Coder. 

• Like 2

Drink report for the evening:

She’s a Geisha at Izumi - Although I’m not a big fan of cranberry, this was quite tasty. I’ve never had Saki before.  Definitely need to try some straight. 

9B26AFD1-9FBA-4B6B-8BCE-76750B05362B.thumb.jpeg.ea893b65a2990ef2c0d067e512686945.jpeg

Boston Iced Tea at Schooner - OK. I’d drink it if you gave me one, but probably wouldn’t buy one. I prefer the Long Island variety. 

Brandy Alexander at Schooner - Classic cocktail. Great way to finish the evening. 

Early night tonight. Final sea day tomorrow. Should be more than a few poolside drinks tomorrow. Good night. 

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Boston Iced Tea at Schooner - OK. I’d drink it if you gave me one, but probably wouldn’t buy one. I prefer the Long Island variety. 

Having had a couple, I completely agree.  

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Drink report for the evening:

She’s a Geisha at Izumi - Although I’m not a big fan of cranberry, this was quite tasty. I’ve never had Saki before.  Definitely need to try some straight. 

9B26AFD1-9FBA-4B6B-8BCE-76750B05362B.thumb.jpeg.ea893b65a2990ef2c0d067e512686945.jpeg

Brandy Alexander at Schooner - Classic cocktail. Great way to finish the evening. 

Early night tonight. Final sea day tomorrow. Should be more than a few poolside drinks tomorrow. Good night. 

I'm glad you like the Brandy Alexander and the She's a Geisha. I am normally not a big Sake fan but on Explorer I had this cold sake in Izumi and it was fantastic. It was sweet but oh so good. You might see if they have it.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23b8.thumb.jpg.e090f815582fb72a0797ff9aa0ee2d5d.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Frozen

Lava Flow

Mastercard

Mudslide

On Carnival, they have a frozen drink called Caribbean Colada, which has pineapple, coconut, and banana flavors. I have yet to be able to get it on a Royal ship. Is that a Carnival-only thing, or does it have another name that I should ask for? On Ovation last July, the only frozen drink they said they had was pina colada, which was fine, but I really want to branch out. I don't know much about beverages.

What's a Mastercard?

16 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

What's a Mastercard?

The bottom half is Strawberry Daiquiri , and the top half is Mango Daiquiri. I like to swirl it all together before drinking it to blend the flavors. A lot of the bartenders don't know this by name, so I sometimes have to describe it. 🙂 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

On Carnival, they have a frozen drink called Caribbean Colada, which has pineapple, coconut, and banana flavors. I have yet to be able to get it on a Royal ship.

Sounds kinda like a Lava Flow.

Lava Flow

1 oz Rum

1 oz coconut cream of

1 banana 

2 oz pineapple juice

1 cup crushed ice

Blend in Blender

• Like 3