If you can stand another Cheers question - how do I get my first drink on it?

Sigyn

I'm going to pre-purchase Cheers for my husband and myself before our December cruise out of Florida. Will it be available as soon as we board, or do we have to sign up somewhere once we're on board? I know there's a day delay for Texas and New York cruises, but we're good from day 1 with Florida ports. 

I've read the FAQs for Cheers but I don't see exactly what I need for accessing that all important first alcoholic beverage. I do know that the ones on the trays when I first get on the ship are NOT part of the Cheers package. So I need to find out how to get to the "free" ones fast. 

Thanks!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, njsmom said:

I'm going to pre-purchase Cheers for my husband and myself before our December cruise out of Florida. Will it be available as soon as we board, or do we have to sign up somewhere once we're on board? I know there's a day delay for Texas and New York cruises, but we're good from day 1 with Florida ports. 

I've read the FAQs for Cheers but I don't see exactly what I need for accessing that all important first alcoholic beverage. I do know that the ones on the trays when I first get on the ship are NOT part of the Cheers package. So I need to find out how to get to the "free" ones fast. 

Thanks!!!!

DOD drinks on trays are not included?

Edited by Colorado Beach Bum

10 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

It's not the "on trays" part that matters but rather whether they're sold in a souvenir glass.  I'm so used to ignoring bar waiters trying to take advantage of first-time cruisers on embarkation day that I don't recall whether the DOD on embarkation day is sold in a souvenir or regular glass.

But if they are serving the DOD in a souvenir glass you can always ask for it in a regular glass so you can buy it with Cheers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It's not the "on trays" part that matters but rather whether they're sold in a souvenir glass.  I'm so used to ignoring bar waiters trying to take advantage of first-time cruisers on embarkation day that I don't recall whether the DOD on embarkation day is sold in a souvenir or regular glass.

But if they are serving the DOD in a souvenir glass you can always ask for it in a regular glass so you can buy it with Cheers.

Yeah.  I figured maybe it was souvenir glass.  I usually just head to bar myself. 

23 minutes ago, cmichael1221 said:

I think they now cut you off after two drinks, if you haven't done the muster drill - good motivation! 🙂

They do. Had already watched the video and had every intention of going to my muster station after my third drink (which would have still been before the deadline to complete muster drill) but got cut off until I completed muster.

17 hours ago, Sgwscruiser said:

If you pre purchased you can get your first drink as soon as get on board

well, then. I'll be ready to go!

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

You just show your cruise card.  If you haven’t been to your cabin yet to get your card, the barcode on your boarding pass is all you need.  EM

perfect! I can do that. Cheers!

17 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

That's what I thought I read. looks like it's all about the fancy glass.

17 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

ah, okay. souvenir glass. I'm happy to ask about the glass factor!

15 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

I think they now cut you off after two drinks, if you haven't done the muster drill - good motivation! 🙂

whaaat? sheesh. 

14 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

They do. Had already watched the video and had every intention of going to my muster station after my third drink (which would have still been before the deadline to complete muster drill) but got cut off until I completed muster.

oh my! I'm a bit of a lightweight, so I probably couldn't do three and still make it to muster. 

13 minutes ago, Sotermarler said:

I purchased Cheers in August with (mostly)  onboard credit for our October cruise, but don’t see it on the boarding pass anywhere. Should it show up there somewhere?

The computer knows.  Even though your drinks are free, you will sign a slip that shows the cost of your drink, along with an equal amount crediting it out for a zero balance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

The computer knows.  Even though your drinks are free, you will sign a slip that shows the cost of your drink, along with an equal amount crediting it out for a zero balance.

Ok, I just got worried  that I don’t see it showing as purchased on my booking summary. I see my excursions but not evidence of the drink package. 

1 hour ago, Sotermarler said:

Ok, I just got worried  that I don’t see it showing as purchased on my booking summary. I see my excursions but not evidence of the drink package. 

It doesn’t show on mine either. If you go to your booking, if you’re on a mobile site, click the box with the 3 lines at the top right then click on booking and order details and it will show there, along with anything else you’ve purchased like the internet package. 

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

It doesn’t show on mine either. If you go to your booking, if you’re on a mobile site, click the box with the 3 lines at the top right then click on booking and order details and it will show there, along with anything else you’ve purchased like the internet package. 

Great, I do see it there. Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

DW ordered the shots that came on a tray in the MDR that came in different colored shot glasses with Carnival etched on them. As I recall Cheers covered the cost of the shot, but not the shot glass itself.

Same here. 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:40 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

I couldn't remember if it was one or two!  But, I don't mind the change, much better than corralling everyone together at once...

• Like 1