Water Package? or not?

3red7s

We are D+ with RC, but with Covid it has been quite some time since we sailed with them.  I am debating as to whether or not to get a water package.  We used to be able to go to the concierge lounge and take a couple bottles back to our room.  Is that still allowed?  Thank you 

23 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

We are D+ with RC, but with Covid it has been quite some time since we sailed with them.  I am debating as to whether or not to get a water package.  We used to be able to go to the concierge lounge and take a couple bottles back to our room.  Is that still allowed?  Thank you 

you can use some of your daily 5 drink vouchers for bottled water….

I don't know about that, but on our recent cruise someone sold water bottles outside the Windjammer ($2 each) on port days.  If you just wanted bottles for taking ashore, that might be a better deal. 

Also, if water is $2, it would be a very poor use of your drink vouchers. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I don't know about that, but on our recent cruise someone sold water bottles outside the Windjammer ($2 each) on port days.  If you just wanted bottles for taking ashore, that might be a better deal. 

Thats mostly what we would want the water for......beach days.  $2.00 sounds like a good deal.  my hubby wouldnt be happy using vouchers for water

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

You are permitted to carry 12 bottles/cans of any non-alcoholic beverages, no more than 17 ounces/half liter each, at embarkation.  You could refill those as you drink them.

This is in addition to your five daily drink vouchers.

Just now, 3red7s said:

Thats mostly what we would want the water for......beach days.  $2.00 sounds like a good deal.  my hubby wouldnt be happy using vouchers for water

I think this is the best fix/suggestion.  We are coming in a day early so we could probably visit a walgreens 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

They're usually on sale for a 24 pack for about $20-$22 so its worth it for me to have it delivered and waiting for our arrival. I drink a ton of water so I need it there and do not like the tap water.

Don't really care for these Cans of Water but last few Cruises got plastic bottles 1/3 the time and even once Glass Evian Bottles instead, all same price

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You are permitted to carry 12 bottles/cans of any non-alcoholic beverages, no more than 17 ounces/half liter each, at embarkation.  You could refill those as you drink them.

This is in addition to your five daily drink vouchers.

The enforcement of the policies seem to depend port to port.  We took 12 1-liter bottles and 2 1.5-liter bottles on our cruise out of Miami last week.  Carry-ons went through the security scanners and no one asked us to open them.  

I'd recommend taking water on with you, especially if you are particular on brands.  My better half is very particular about what water he likes, and the bottles offered on board appeared to be generic brands.  We were happy to carry our own on board.  

6 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Unless you don't normally use all your vouchers (many of us don't).  Better to use a voucher on a bottle of water than to have the voucher go unused and then spend actual money later in the week on buying a bottle of water.  

14 hours ago, 3red7s said:

We drink the ship's tap water and never have any problems.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 3red7s said:

You will have 4 bottles waiting for you in your stateroom when you board. The refrigerators in the Diamond and Suite lounges have been locked up (and they use one of your coupons for water during happy hours) on every cruise we have taken post restart, so I wouldn't count on that as an option.

We always bring our own 22 oz. Corksicle mugs with us and fill them in the mornings at breakfast in the WJ or Solarium Bistro. We can refill them with ice from the Freestyle machines, and refill them with water at the WJ after lunch if we need a refill during the day.

• Like 1

Ship water is fine but my feet swell more with it.  If we drive I bring 12 bottles.  Anymore if we fly I order ahead. I usually can get it for $11.99 + gratuity and it is worth it to not carry it back to a hotel and then drag it on board.  If we have any vouchers left at night I get more.  If I run out I drink ship water in my refillable bottle.  It’s just a convenience.  

37 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

Port of Baltimore wouldn’t let me bring on water. On one of the ships I was on, when I ran the sink water on a washcloth, it turned it orange. Now I mostly drink bottled water onboard. 

Really?  I saw someone carrying a case of water on board from Baltimore.  The bottles do have to be sealed.  We had to empty the water out of our water bottles, which was kinda a bummer.  I had a sealed Mtn Dew I was able to bring on board.

35 minutes ago, moposh said:

Really?  I saw someone carrying a case of water on board from Baltimore.  The bottles do have to be sealed.  We had to empty the water out of our water bottles, which was kinda a bummer.  I had a sealed Mtn Dew I was able to bring on board.

Mine was in a sealed case. The porter said it wasn’t allowed. It probably depends on the porter. This was last April. 

6 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

Mine was in a sealed case. The porter said it wasn’t allowed. It probably depends on the porter. This was last April. 

His was sealed too in plastic.  I saw him with it when going through security and then on the ship.  He carried it on.  This was August.  

So what did you do with it?  Did you have to ditch it?

Edited by moposh

5 hours ago, ymncruise said:

Why would the porter be involved in your carry-on luggage???

You can't CHECK it, but you can carry it on .  

On 9/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, 3red7s said:

It depends on the ship you are sailing on.  If you have access to the Concierge Lounge then you should be able to get a couple of bottles of water during happy hour.  Not all ships allow D+ access to the Concierge Lounge/Suite Lounge.  

Even when we are in a suite, my wife and I buy one water package each cruise.  We went through 27 1-liter bottles of water in 14 days on a recent B2B.  We drink a lot of hot team in our cabin and I like to drink water in the room as well.