New Grounds Coffee card

BerthaButt

31 minutes ago, BerthaButt said:

On a back 2 back cruise can the coffee package   if purchased on the first cruise  be used  for both of the cruises? 

Do they still have the coffee card?  I thought it was all part of the drink package now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BerthaButt said:

On a back 2 back cruise can the coffee package   if purchased on the first cruise  be used  for both of the cruises? 

I was told no, others have said theirs carried over, but not the unlimited brewed coffees. Only the 15 specialty coffees/teas carried over.

So, we used ours up on each of our

b2b’s.  I think the GS person was new.

I have not seen it written anywhere.

42 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Do they still have the coffee card?  I thought it was all part of the drink package now.

Yes, you can buy a coffee package or soda package, etc.

It’s on the website.

My experience is that unused specialty coffees remain on your account and carry over. The unlimited free brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate does not carry over. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

My experience is that unused specialty coffees remain on your account and carry over. The unlimited free brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate does not carry over. 

Can you please explain to me what I need to buy to get unlimited hot chocolate?  We don’t drink alcohol so buy the Soda package and the 15 specialty coffee package which also includes tea and hot chocolate.  I don’t understand where the “unlimited free brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate” comes in.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I was told no, others have said theirs carried over, but not the unlimited brewed coffees. Only the 15 specialty coffees/teas carried over.

More inconsistency…I was told when purchasing both carried over & confirmed it at the GSD before the second cruise and both carried over to the next cruise.

1 hour ago, Senga said:

Can you please explain to me what I need to buy to get unlimited hot chocolate?  We don’t drink alcohol so buy the Soda package and the 15 specialty coffee package which also includes tea and hot chocolate.  I don’t understand where the “unlimited free brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate” comes in.

The coffee package includes 15 specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate. See attached for coffee package terms and conditions.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

• Thanks 3

Actually, the unlimited brewed coffee, tea & hot chocolate is ONLY on the original cruise.  The 15 specialty coffees will carry over until they are used.  When you get on your second cruise, you can use those "punches" (like the old card) for brewed coffee, tea or hot chocolate if you choose.   

I always bought the card, but I don't like the foo-foo coffees.  I just drink a lot of brewed coffee.  I would do that and it worked out great for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

More inconsistency…I was told when purchasing both carried over & confirmed it at the GSD before the second cruise and both carried over to the next cruise.

Was your b2b booked as a single cruise (one booking number) or as two cruises (two booking numbers)?

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Was your b2b booked as a single cruise (one booking number) or as two cruises (two booking numbers)?

Ours were all separate booking numbers, but all linked. But, I really think that GS was new.  
She also said my OBC would not carry over.  She was wrong.  It all carried over except the stock OBC.

Thanks everyone for your answers.   In 2019 we cruised for 60 days 4 back 2 backs and are OBC carried over and coffee package was bought on the first cruise and worked for unlimited brewed coffee for all 60 days.  I know several things have changed on Princess, so was trying to get good information  on coffee package since restart,.  Our 2 cruises were booked as 2 separate cruises but they are linked.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, skynight said:

The T&C for the coffee card states

"The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose."

Has the policy changed?

Just completed a back-to-back-to-back cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We had three booking numbers that were linked. The coffee "card" that I purchased for the first cruise was valid for the three cruises for 15 specialty coffees and unlimited regular coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The only problem was that they miscalculated the number of specialty coffees I ordered (probably because I ordered some when I was in covid quarantine -- the coffees are supposed to be free during that time). I was able to sort out the problem. Until the second last day when I ordered a coffee and was charged, even though I knew I had only ordered 13 specialty coffees in total (not including the ones I got free while in quarantine). My suggestion is to keep track of how many coffees you order.

• Thanks 1

I know several things have changed on Princess, so was trying to get good information on coffee package since restart

I had the same experience pre & post pause…remaining specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee transferred to my second consecutive cruise having different booking numbers on Discovery in April.

48 minutes ago, BerthaButt said:

Thanks again everyone.  It is two 15 days cruises.  Astro Flyer did you buy the coffee package  before cruise or first day on board?

We bought it the first day onboard (used OBC) and confirmed the procedure with the barista at the International Café before purchasing the coffee program. Although as you can see by this discussion consistency isn’t always followed on Princess.

• Like 1

If you order hot chocolate at the coffee bar ask to have it made with hot milk. Otherwise, they will likely make it with hot water. The hot chocolate is a mix similar to what you would buy in packets in the grocery store. It is much better when made with milk.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if hot tea is available at the buffet now?  I typically purchase the coffee package for this reason because last year they did not have any self service for coffee or tea at the buffet.  Wondering if things have changed this year... AND, they don't even mention tea in the coffee package description anymore.  TIA! 

image.png.09b5958b2ccb0f4c7eef3b4af76522ff.png

On 10/2/2022 at 8:01 AM, Esjung1 said:

Does anyone know if hot tea is available at the buffet now?  I typically purchase the coffee package for this reason because last year they did not have any self service for coffee or tea at the buffet.  Wondering if things have changed this year... AND, they don't even mention tea in the coffee package description anymore.  TIA! 

image.png.09b5958b2ccb0f4c7eef3b4af76522ff.png

I'm wondering this too - my husband likes hot tea in the mornings.. Is it available anywhere on the ship for free? Or should we just plan on purchasing the Coffee Card?